"Student website bans anti-Semitic Group" (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
CHANTAL ABITBOL
A POPULAR student website has banned an anti-Israel group from using its site after a spate of anti-Semitic postings were uncovered last week.
The comments were published under a group registered as “BoS anti-Israel League” on the Sydney-based site, Bored of Studies - Student online community, resources, notes, past exams, UAI Calculator, ENTER Calculator, HSC, VCE, which in recent years has become a well-known resource hub for students sitting their HSC exams.
Among the threads was a post about finding synagogues in Sydney and featured information on how to make a Molotov cocktail. Another thread, titled “F—- Israel”, included a posting from a blogger, which read: “Kill all da f—-ing Jews … f—-ing hate every single one of them … I hope Iran nukes them big time.”
Deenu Rajaratnam, a spokesperson for the site, this week told The AJN he was alerted to the offensive material on December 16 and immediately moved to delete it and ban the group from its site. He has also spoken with moderators and taken steps to tighten their surveillance.

“Obviously, we don’t endorse anything of that nature,” he said. “It’s not something we think is acceptable.”
“It was a good wake-up call,” he added. “It’s the first time that it has happened. We’ve decided to be a lot more serious about action and pay more attention to it.”
Further investigation by The AJN, however, uncovered additional anti-Semitic comments and postings that had not yet been removed.
NSW Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Alhadeff, who originally brought the material to the publisher’s attention, applauded their quick action, but said “it is clear that vigilance is needed”.
“It was unfortunate that a respected forum, which is designed to assist students with their studies, could be hacked into by people with a racist agenda,” he said.
He also called on other internet publishers to be more vigilant. “All publishers should exercise care to prevent such damaging material appearing on their sites and to remove it immediately if it appears.”
Student website bans anti-Semitic group�|�The Australian Jewish News

Nebs is famous! :D

Seriously though, there was some fucked up shit posted by sik cunts in that group. Muslims should probably get off their arses as well and do something about threads concerning them. But this is about nebs and his 15 mins of fame, better not fucking denigrate into a proper insightful debate about freedom of speech or about the Israel-Palestine conflict.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
hahahaha. amazing.

Deenu Rajaratnam

who's that?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Fuck that one didnt even mention nazi swastikas.

Eat shit Ad Infinitum

skyisthelimit

Banned
HSC
N/A
What about those spewing anti-Muslim sentiments? Anti-Asian, anti-this, anti-that. Plus, it's not anti-Semitic, it's anti-Zionist. It's against a state, a government, not a religion.

I am not advocating the insults against Jews, but if expressed against Israel (obv. in response to the oppression of Palestinians), it should be fine on a forum like this, shouldn't it?

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
hahahaha the AJN, wonder how unbiased their articles are on the Israel- Palestine conflict.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Anti-Israel is Anti-Semitic.

End of discussion

Anonymous-

Banned
HSC
N/A
who was the leader for that group? neb guy or bigboyjames guy? I dont remember a neb.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Anti-Israel is Anti-Semitic.

End of discussion
Well, since you attached "end of discussion" to a controversial and erroneous statement, I guess that really is the end of the discussion.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Anti-China is anti-Asian guys.

If you criticise China's human right records, you are slapping every Asian on the planet in the face with your revolting racism.

I'm Deng Zhao Ping, CEO of the China Board of Deputies.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well, since you attached "end of discussion" to a controversial and erroneous statement, I guess that really is the end of the discussion.
Listen Goyim I'm sick of your shit mate we're cutting you loose.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
What about those spewing anti-Muslim sentiments? Anti-Asian, anti-this, anti-that. Plus, it's not anti-Semitic, it's anti-Zionist. It's against a state, a government, not a religion.

I am not advocating the insults against Jews, but if expressed against Israel (obv. in response to the oppression of Palestinians), it should be fine on a forum like this, shouldn't it?
"Among the threads was a post about finding synagogues in Sydney and featured information on how to make a Molotov cocktail."

hahahaha the AJN, wonder how unbiased their articles are on the Israel- Palestine conflict.
Quite a biased slant, as can be expected. But they don't contort the facts and there's shitloads of interfaith nonsense in it, unlike many Australian Islamic publications which spout shit about "death to all Israeli Rabbis" and which support the blood libel.

Sayangliss

HSC
Anti-China is anti-Asian guys.

If you criticise China's human right records, you are slapping every Asian on the planet in the face with your revolting racism.

I'm Deng Zhao Ping, CEO of the China Board of Deputies.
I must have a bit of a sadistic streak within me then.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
So... Anti religion is not allowed here?

philphie

Banned
HSC
again another generalisation published. yes there were trolls that said a lot of genuine anti semitic bullshit but there were those who simply debated the nature of iSrael, a genuine political issue completely unrelated to religious discrimination. i'm not part of the AIS but i'm not against their right (so long asit isn't religious intolerance) to discuss this issue. these people have no understanding of the majority of indifference that exists on this site. most people argue with passion because they just like to have a fucking scream session, others make racial jokes in lighthearted humour. we liver in Australia where slaggging people off is part of our cultural identity and where laughing at this and ourselves is also part of this identity. slagging people off and not taking things or ourselves too seriously is core to this community.

now the mods have just gone a banning rampage just to overcompensate and please the media when they should of persisted on moderate supervision way before these press releases came out. now anyone saying something that resembles intolerance just vaguely is caught up in the wind of a moderator that just wants to look good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)