• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying For School Certificate (1 Viewer)

Paradox.101

HSC
Whats up with the "Dont bother studying" crap?!
Are you guys in seletive schools or somethiin?! ... Cause if I don't study, I'll fail =(

Blasted naturally talented students >_>

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Paradox.101 said:
Are you guys in seletive schools or somethiin?! ... Cause if I don't study, I'll fail =(

chill man, you'll be fine. The reason the 08ers are telling you not to study is because they are highly stressed and have their hsc in 4 days and are sick of year 10 describing how they are doing like 10 hours of study a day cuz the SC is soooooooo hard and stressful. I think what they are really trying to say is: Study, but dont overdo it cuz its not worth it.

:)

speedofsound

HSC
Paradox.101 said:

Because,

1) It's easy
2) Who cares if you don't do well, it has no impact on you in the future

dragondilesh

HSC
im probably gonna end up studying

nothing hard core or anything just a bit before the week of the SC.

i cant be bugged and my parents are full pressuring me to study.

they dont know that it doesnt go to anything :|

beside it would be alright to know what ive done for the last part of two years.

rose100

HSC
The maths trials were okay at my school. i'm doing 5.3 and did pretty well even though the average was unbelievably low, like 25%. But then again, it was such a long test that 150 of 160 didn't finish the whole paper. Our maths teachers said that the SC papers would be about the same length. Its hard to concentrate near the end when you gotta finish 80 multiple choice and 20 extended in 2hrs. I think the average was so low because everyone didn't finish their papers. Hopefully the SC isn't too stressing.

studentcheese

HSC
rose100 said:
The maths trials were okay at my school. i'm doing 5.3 and did pretty well even though the average was unbelievably low, like 25%. But then again, it was such a long test that 150 of 160 didn't finish the whole paper. Our maths teachers said that the SC papers would be about the same length. Its hard to concentrate near the end when you gotta finish 80 multiple choice and 20 extended in 2hrs. I think the average was so low because everyone didn't finish their papers. Hopefully the SC isn't too stressing.
whaooo Average was 25%? That must have been a very hard test! I do 5.3 too. The highest mark in the lowest class was 25% (average 10%) with a whopping 90% average in top class. Haha my school doesn't do Multiple Choice for Maths, though Id love to do MC!!!!!!!

bored of sc

HSC
studentcheese said:
whaooo Average was 25%? That must have been a very hard test! I do 5.3 too. The highest mark in the lowest class was 25% (average 10%) with a whopping 90% average in top class. Haha my school doesn't do Multiple Choice for Maths, though Id love to do MC!!!!!!!
School certificate has over half of it multiple choice.

studentcheese

HSC
I honestly don't know what to study for the School Certificate. The teachers are expecting most of us to be all rounders in the SC (i.e: all band 6's). That is why I am going to study :)

bored of sc

HSC
studentcheese said:
I honestly don't know what to study for the School Certificate. The teachers are expecting most of us to be all rounders in the SC (i.e: all band 6's). That is why I am going to study :)
In your signature you should say:

UAI Aim: Binary Number -> 4.

Cardea

HSC
Just curious (most probably because I'm getting worried over my inability to stick to study plans - I just can't be bothered anymore! How many times have we had to go over the same things over and over again? ...and I always manage to forget the bulk of them straight after half yearlys and trials *sigh*) How is everyone going with studying? How much have you guys gone through already, and how are you doing it?

2 weeks to go *sigh*

Cardea

HSC
speedofsound said:
I'm not.

lol, I didn't even realise it was in 2 weeks. That's close.
Bleh, motivation comes and goes for me. Especially at the most inappropriate times - i.e. at 11.30 at night when I'm about to get ready for bed. I always feel determined, then.. yeah.

The most annoying thing is that the next two weeks of stress (for me, anyway, because I naturally freak out about everything) will all be over in just 2 days, 4 exams, excluding computing skills. Totally not worth it, I know, but still... it'd be great to get some high nineties.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Meh im doing some study since i've done like nothing over the past 2 years haha (meaning I havnt really paid attention) so i try to fit in about 6 hours a day, but once SC is over im spending the weekend sleeping, or maybe even tuesday and wednesday night since im not doing any study for computer

Lol computers what a waste of a test haha

Anywho about 3 weeks of study for me, going to be all good :D

Only have about 180 pages of science, 150 for geography and 200 for history to soak in lol. as for maths im just going over the text books for yr 9 and 10, about 1000 pages worth of maths but i know most of it anyway since im a natural at maths lol. If I dont study for maths i'll get about 88 anyway so meh but I want to get 95 so I can show up my teachers that even though they are lazy I'm not HAHA

Good luck to everyone else hope you get the mark you want, as for me i want band 6 in everything but i'll do with a high band 5 for english, i.e. 89+ haha

suzlee

HSC
speedofsound said:
I'm not.

lol, I didn't even realise it was in 2 weeks. That's close.

Oh my god hahahaa
Nobody's ever put it that way for me! It IS actually getting really close

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
suzlee said:
Oh my god hahahaa
Nobody's ever put it that way for me! It IS actually getting really close

LOL for me well I cant wait until its over, I cant wait to spend my weekend sleeping lol but yea it is close and it's enough time to get prepared to get a band 7 (100%) if you try haha, just kidding but just imagine lol

vongSTAA

HSC
lol what's with all the studying. Surely you can't be that clueless? Like if you literally did not pay attention or listen AT ALL in EVERY class of EVERY subject so you know absolutely NOTHING, I guess I could understand, but seriously it's not like it's the HSC.

I will probably revise some stuff and do a bit of study a week before, but I'm not going to kill myself over it lol.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
vongSTAA said:
lol what's with all the studying. Surely you can't be that clueless? Like if you literally did not pay attention or listen AT ALL in EVERY class of EVERY subject so you know absolutely NOTHING, I guess I could understand, but seriously it's not like it's the HSC.

I will probably revise some stuff and do a bit of study a week before, but I'm not going to kill myself over it lol.
I will look at my books for five minutes per subject before my SC exams.

I think this is a good study regime for year ten :p

HSC
supercalamari said:
I will look at my books for five minutes per subject before my SC exams.

I think this is a good study regime for year ten :p
lol..ill probably study one hour for history and science..

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
lol..ill probably study one hour for history and science..
I guess if it's what you want to do then do it. But didn't you find the trials ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)