subject selected for year 11 2004 (1 Viewer)

overwhelming

Originally posted by tomcats
okie, im doing english, extension maths, business studies, economics, chemistry nd accounting (13 units), im also finking abt doing legal studies coz i find it quite interesting & challenging, do u fink 15 units is a bit too much??? any suggestions????

i also did study for sc, altho not dat much but a bit, many ppl say sc is nothing, i still fink dat itz necessary, theres definitely no prob wiv studying 4 sc. nd btw im not a geek -_-! ^-^
the sc is a joke.

Why study for it?

It will never have to be produced if you successfully pass year 10, for an interview or job application.

More importantly, the HSC results + Record of Achievement will be of greater interest.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by passionfruit
also is modern history any good?
i liked history in yr 10 and i got 95 in the sc..
liking history in yrs 9 and 10 (esp. year 10) is a good indicator that senior modern history should be enjoyable to you. im doing modern now and i love it but its also down to personal opinion but it seems that modern just might be the subject for u since u did so well in it in sc and seem to like it well enough. keeo in mind that u can always drop it. modern history is not all anout memorising slabs of info. that is junior history. hsc history is more to do with ur analysis skills rather than memorising

HSC
I don't think it's really possible to *like* the year 9/10 History course that much. Australian history is a little ... :eek: Modern History looks a lot more interesting though.

I'm doing

English
English Ext
Maths
Maths Ext
Mod History
Economics/Business Studies
Physics

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
dont worry abt australian history...we dont even mention the word "australia" in class!!! we dont go anywhere CLOSE to australia so no worries there! but yeah i know what u mean by australian history being a little dry...the irony in me sayingt his on AUSTRALIA DAY!!!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Modern History is awesome, and whats more, there is ZERO Australian content. In Yr 12, the closest you get is the mandatory WW1 study, but even that is taken from the British and German POVs.
Doing so well in SC and being interested in the topics your school does (assuming you've checked them out) is a great indicator.

P

passionfruit

modern history sounds pretty good..i guess i will change next wk from physics to modern... anyway thanx for ur input :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
good luck! if u love it half as much as i do then ull be fine! ahaha

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha i had my first ancient and modern classes on friday and both my teachers bagged out the yr 9 and 10 course... :)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
All teachers hate the year 9/10 course and they hate teaching it.

Go Modern and Ancient. However, if you guys end up having the same experience as us, enjoy Year 11 Ancient, there is so much freedom, Year 12 is heaps different. Depends on your topics tho. Modern is just awesome full stop.

Weird, beginning of year 11 I hated Modern and loved Ancient, now it's the other way around.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i agree unis generally look for chem, notthe other 2
yeah, thats what my careers advisor used to say- coz biology and stuff u can just learn once u get into uni. but chemistry- especially the fundementals- are really important for uni...

but then again there are bridging courses! :p

P

passionfruit

well i just started modern history today! seems pretty interesting :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Modern is definately my favourite class at the moment and its the subject that is keeping me from going insane at school!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
far,......... are most of you in year 11 or 12? coz it sounds like this thread is being takin over by year 12's!! lol. guys!!! what are we doing?... are we THAT bored?!?!?!..
haha.. listen to me...what the f!@#@ am i doind in this forum myself?
nah. its to help you yunger ones.....
wheres drama in all this? i have not seen any one of you people say you've chosen drama!!
GOOO DRAAAMMMAMAAMAAAAA

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by aLeeOh!
far,......... are most of you in year 11 or 12? coz it sounds like this thread is being takin over by year 12's!! lol. guys!!! what are we doing?... are we THAT bored?!?!?!..
haha.. listen to me...what the f!@#@ am i doind in this forum myself?
nah. its to help you yunger ones.....
wheres drama in all this? i have not seen any one of you people say you've chosen drama!!
GOOO DRAAAMMMAMAAMAAAAA
well there aren't enuf 05'ers thats why use 04'ers and 03'ers are filling up the vacuum. :D

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
haha. true true...
are you a 0'3er?... and i was just wonderin... since this is a BOS thingy... those who have finished..are you guys just.. did you like love year 12 soooooooo much that you couldnt tear yourselves away from this site? or ?.. nah.. i'll answer it myself... your doin the nice thing and helpin us younger, more inexperienced lil'ones ... aww... why thank you lol.
you know what?... we'll recruit more lil ones... thst it!
COME ONE COME ALL!!!
ha!

Kulazzi

HSC
I started late to skool cos I was on hols and u know what my physics teacher say when I walk into my first class?

"there's all your sheets and whether you like it or not you have an exam on friday on what we've done so far"

and I was like what the? ookkkk.....but I dropped it
Now its more like:

Eng Adv.
Maths
Business studies
software design
textiles and design
society and culture

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
I am doin:-
English
English Ext 1
Maths
Maths Ext 1
Physics
Chemistry
Business Studies...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)