Subject Selections Year 11 + General Questions (1 Viewer)

ineedtostudy123

HSC
It's subject selection soon and I'm really not sure what to choose. I'm worried that my subjects have too much essay writing and content, which will stress me out even more. I also still have to choose one more subject.

Subjects that I'm sure on:

- Maths Ext. 1
- English Adv.
- Legal Studies
- Biology
- Economics

Subjects that I'm considering:
- Chemistry (I didn't do that well in my Year 10 Chemistry exam due to the lack of content teacher gave me so I'm not sure on doing it, and I'm worried about getting them again next year if I do choose it)
- Food Technology
- Italian Beginners

General questions:
- Is 13 units difficult to manage? How many free periods do you generally get per fortnight and are they even necessary?
- Is Italian Beginners a hard subject? I heard it's similar to Latin, which I struggled in.
- What sort of organisational system should I use for Year 11? Binders? Folders? Google Docs?

Thanks!

99 atar confirmed

HSC
1. 13 units is fine, don't worry about it too much it isn't too much too manage
2. Do you speak Italian, as in are you fluent?
3. Don't do Chemistry unless your very good to science
4. For organization I used: folders for loose sheets, wrote notes of the board into a book and thats it. Personally I would type my notes its faster
5. If your school offers studies of religion 2 unit pick that, if not choose food technology or Italian if your fluent in it

ineedtostudy123

HSC
1. 13 units is fine, don't worry about it too much it isn't too much too manage
2. Do you speak Italian, as in are you fluent?
3. Don't do Chemistry unless your very good to science
4. For organization I used: folders for loose sheets, wrote notes of the board into a book and thats it. Personally I would type my notes its faster
5. If your school offers studies of religion 2 unit pick that, if not choose food technology or Italian if your fluent in it
Thanks for the tips!
No, I don’t know any Italian, I was just wondering if Italian Beginners is difficult.
What is Year 11 Chemistry like? I think that chemistry is fun but I just flunked my exam, and I’m worried that I’ll keep flunking.

99 atar confirmed

HSC
Thanks for the tips!
No, I don’t know any Italian, I was just wondering if Italian Beginners is difficult.
What is Year 11 Chemistry like? I think that chemistry is fun but I just flunked my exam, and I’m worried that I’ll keep flunking.
I was always terrible at science and never enjoyed it, so I can't speak from experience, however from what I've noticed getting a good mark in chemistry is hard work. I wouldn't pick Italian unless I had some prior knowledge of how to speak the language. Just pick Food tech if you enjoy it

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the tips!
You really need to identify why your flunking it. If it's because you just don't enjoy Chemistry(like me), then there's no point in taking it. However if it's just because you don't understand the concepts or you don't study enough etc, then you can still take it. All these things can be corrected with the right mindset and study habits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)