• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Suicide from HSC... (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

aaaman said:
you might find out if u have or not a few until a few months later when you start.
Read that aloud. You might find out if you have or not a few _what_?

geeze ur a whinge
I'm not whinging because it's terribly worded, I'm whinging because I want to understand what you're saying.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
HAHAHAHHA damn that's true....you're good with words mate...im curious now as to what it meant....!!

X

xeuyrawp

rnitya_25 said:
HAHAHAHHA damn that's true....you're good with words mate...im curious now as to what it meant....!!
You think you're curious. I've seriously been sitting here for twenty minutes trying to figure out what point was trying to be made.

Ah, text is the worst way to convey any kind of information; especially English, where you can order a sentence in like 13 different "correct" ways. Let's remember this, kids.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
It's a great pity that people don't realise there are so many other ways to achieve success (ie. happiness) without necessarily doing well with the HSC. I feel for these people, I really do. Those of you who don't give a crap about them, well, you're taking your easy-going nature for granted; You never know how hard the experiences of these people are - they're depressed, they feel like aliens living in an unforgiving world, and they feel absolutely WORTHLESS (especially if they're not doing very well at school).

They need assistance, not alienation. They must be given examples of those who didn't do well in the HSC, yet were still able achieve happiness. They must be given hope, encouragement, etc. These people need friends, relatives who can show that they care for them; they need love. May sound cheesy, and some of you may scoff at it, but it's the truth.

X

xeuyrawp

Well said.

Even if you do well in the HSC, and don't crumble under the pressure, you're going to crumble one time or another after it, and let's hope that you have friends and family around you who help you and not laugh at / feel unsympathetic towards you, rather than helping you.

CrashOveride

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I know someone that got into Sydney law with a mark of 99.95, without any bonus marks, and he's havinga tough time. What's your point?

Your story about the guy fainting and the BOS doubling his mark is dubious at best, but anyway.

Please don't pretend that you know what people who have troubles go through. When the time comes that you have a rough time, whether it's in school, uni, work, family, etc, people will try to understand and give you a hand rather than saying "ur gonna have to take exams sooner or later hahahaha".
My point is i hope she is having a tought time, coz she did not deserve to get in. This person also got a top 10 rank in the state for legal studies, without sitting the exam. Has the board no integrity :D

The doubling mark is what he claims...nevertheless he ended up with the exam mark in the mid 90s. Im not going to go into this in great detail.

phatic

HSC
kirabolton said:
I think people who even consider killing themselves over the HSC deserve to die anyway. If you get so stressed over it then your not going to live a very good life and it's probably easier if they just die now. I'm not saying ALL suicides are for weak cowards, but killing yourself JUST over the HSC is absolutely ridiculous.
You're probably right about not living easily in the future, but I doubt the solution is to just die. You are fortunate if you find life good and easy. Don't be too harsh on others who struggle to cope with things that come easily to you. As has been previously stated, everyone approaches things differently, and one person's strength is another's weakness.

Anyway, one can't just isolate a single event or experience as the cause of something as complex as mental illness. We're not robots. For me, the HSC just aggrevates pressure that already exists.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Read that aloud. You might find out if you have or not a few _what_?

I'm not whinging because it's terribly worded, I'm whinging because I want to understand what you're saying.
lol i find it 1 in da morning, could you see why

X

xeuyrawp

CrashOveride said:
My point is i hope she is having a tought time, coz she did not deserve to get in.
How do you know that she deserved not to get in? Don't assume you knwo all the details, you're just angry that someone seemingly worked the system, when you really have no idea.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
im not either, i still heard about it
Im also rarely in Casto & not in ur year so u might have been told by friends at oak or by ur school(?)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Korn said:
Im also rarely in Casto & not in ur year so u might have been told by friends at oak or by ur school(?)
oh ok yeah both

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
green_fairy said:
i used to know him...ages ago. its really sad he used to be really sweet :(
what school do u go 2 green fairy?

aaaman

Banned
HSC
BabyGirl69er said:
One of my good friends had a guy commit suicide at there skool n it wasnt cos of the hsc and they havent recieved anything. He was like one of the most lived guys in there grade. So yeh i think its just a myth people like to believe to get out of the hsc.

thats a shame :(

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i heard one guy couldnt handle the HSC, so he said to him self, dont be a little bitch and think that yyour having so much pressure and cant handle life, then he slapped some sence into him self, put some effort in and got above average UAI. wow what a legend. (he is a legend)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)