Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

pamelacohen

HSC
Romulus my Father by Raymond Gaita( the novel ) is excellent.

Motorcycle Diaries ( Che Guevara ( the actual diary) is outstanding.

Both have physical journeys that engage with the emotional, psychological, intellectual depth required for AOS.

thuggypo

HSC
Without Wings said:
http://www.time.com or try your school or local library for copies of the it
you where a gre8 help and i thank you greatfully thnx heeps for taking ur own time to help others like me and heepz of others out there. tc god bless

hotlittlebiatch

HSC
hey homies its hotlittlebiatch here... umm im just lookin for a bit of support with 'stupid standard' haha, an was just wondering if uze could tell me if any related texts are really needed or do yas recon u could just wing it on the day.. cos i so wanna do that, hey!! so yeah holla back soon babes XXXX

KneeNAR

HSC
N/A
Uhh.. Having many supp. texts beforehand will really help you..

Or so I'm told...

You need to prepare yourself, this isn't something you can just "wing" on the day HAHAH =D

J.A.W

HSC
hi,
does anyone have any good related texts for away by micheal gow for physical journeys???
any help greatly appreciated...

laa.musique

Executive Member
HSC
i'm thinking of doing the titanic as my related text for physical journeys. bad idea?

LisArae14

HSC
Does any one have analysed notes on the 'Wizard Of Oz' and a Song i could do in relation to 'away'

milky4790

HSC
umm can anyonje help me i have my 3 realted texts due tomorrow and i cant think of anything to write my 3 related texts are finding nemo, hotel califonia and around the wold in a helicopter by dick smith and i dont knopw how i can relat them to poems by peter skryzynecki so if any one can help it would be much appreciated ASAP plz and thank you

GREMM1S

HSC
I am going to use the move "Blood Diamond" for one of my texts, and people that keep asking for help or notes this is not the place, this thread is for listing the texts.

ryanconglap

HSC
some good picture books

PICTURE BOOKS – JOURNEYS​
The Great Bear​
, Gleeson, L. & Greder, A. (Physical & spiritual)
A circus bear travels in Europe.

My Dog​
, Heffernan, J. & McLean, J & A. (Physical)
A young boy and his dog travel through their war torn country.

Grandpa's Stories​
, Tonkin, R. (Inner)
A young boy recounts the stories of his grandfather's life as the old man suffers of Alzheimers.

In my pocket​
Sim, D.M. (Physical)
A small child leaves her family in war torn Europe. She keeps a letter from her parents in her
pocket and reads it every day.

Passing On​
, Dumbleton, M. (Inner)
A grandmother and her young grandchild treasure the time they have together. An uplifting
story about a relationship that never dies. The young boy then relives his experiences with baby
brother.

My many coloured days​
, Seuss Dr (Inner)
A journey through feelings using colour and tone as a metaphor.

Luke's way of Looking​
, Wheatley, N & Ottley, M (Inner)
Describes and illustrates Luke's journey of discovery as a young artist

The Star Horse​
, Greaves, M. & Nesbitt, J. (Imaginative)
A boy enjoys a journey of excitement on an old and damaged carousel horse.

Highway​
Nadia Wheatley
A girl narrates her family's journey from one city to the next, identifying things of interest along
the way.

No place like home​
Colin Thompson
Documents a journey that a family of acrobats undertakes each summer along with their loving
horse, Big Jim.

Great Ocean Walk​
Jiri Tibor Novak
A loving journey by a young boy and his father along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria.

Reggie Queen of the Street​
Margaret Barbalet
A journey that brings a small dog to understand that "home is where the heart is".

Cat and Fish​
Joan Grant
Cat and Fish are unlikely friends who discover things about each other as they journey through
land and sea.

delusional

HSC
heys

does anyone have any idea how i can link the hobbit to away ??

your help is much appreciated =)

DICKTATION1

HSC
Hey ppl

I need help on castaway, what techniques should i discuss, and has anybody got n e notes on the movie??

Thanks

emma...

HSC
N/A
need urgent help

hey does anyone know a site that i can go to to get a bit of help on analysing the song leaving home by the beatles...??? :confused: exam tomor and i juz want to go in confident....

bernardo'keeffe

HSC
would you happen to know where i can get some solid info on thelma and louise... i alrady have my other presribed text as well as the write up i just need deconstruct thelma and louise! any ideas of how i can do that?

RubyJBrown

HSC
Hey does anyone have info on Banjo Patersons poem "Mulga Bill's Bicycle"?? any info would be greatly appreciated

nandison

HSC
hi does anyone know any good related materials to peter skyznecki poems??
the immigrant chronicles?

clairebearxoxo

HSC
Hey I'm doing Rabbit Proof Fence and Two Beds and a Coffee Machine by Savage Garden as my related material. I was thinking of doing the Motorcycle Diaries movie trailer as my second related material. When using a movie trailer look at the use of montage, voice overs, writing, music and how it conveys the concept of physical journey and what you learn about physical journey etc etc.
Hope this helps someone using a film trailer.

ps. Other ideas for related material.
Homeward Bound.
Return to Oz (lesser known than Wizard of Oz, you'll get away with much more).

JUST REMEMBER PEOPLE, RELATE YOUR TEXTS BY PHYSICAL JOURNEY AND NOT BY THEMES!!

also remember in your essays not to just say the composer uses a certain technique, explain WHY! and what is the effect of it and how it conveys the idea of physical journey.

Last edited:

funkycherry

HSC
Ok so i'm doing a speech in english and its going to be the last assessment we have to do, i have to speak on physical journeys and i need to have three related texts to refer too, if anybody has some suggestions it would be great .
i always find it hard to do speechs maybe i'll feel more confident if i have good material to talk about :(
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)