Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (2 Viewers)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
lol, too much reading, i need it plain and simple :p

Robbo_m8

Swans to win the premiership. hmmmm.... as much as id like to see it happen i dont think so. We've got Melbourne in Melbourne, West Coast (in sydney luckily, gives at least a hope of winning) and Adelaide in Adelaide in the next few weeks, so it really comes down to those games. If we can win 2 or at least 1 and play well, maybe we can build up some sort of momentum for the finals. Its too even at the moment, besides West Coast it can really be anyone to make the GF. If the swans can fluke a top 4 berth, or at least a home final, they might make an impact on the finals. Its really just about getting to the Finals and in the right sort of form. Thats why Brisbane are so scary, coming into some awesome form now. If they can beat West Coast, or at least make it close, it might turn to a bit of two sided affair.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Dougie said:
lol, too much reading, i need it plain and simple :p
West Coast good, very good.
Lions and Port Adelaide fairly ordinary but picking up some excellent momentum and could be a big threat.
St Kilda wildly inconsistent.
Richmond suprising everybody ad the kangaroos are doing well.
Everyone else is pretty much where you'd expect them to be.

Robbo_m8

Geelong are playing crap, and Melbourne are playing Crap. I expected both to be playing well

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Robbo_m8 said:
Geelong are playing crap, and Melbourne are playing Crap. I expected both to be playing well
I think you're being a bit tough look where geelong is on the ladder and the d's were fire at the start of the season and now they're just having a few hiccups.

hopey989

HSC
no chance the lions, itll be eitha tha swans, roos, or eagles in the grand final, eagles look unstoppable, but we'll jus c wat happens when they start playing under huge pressure at the G in september. Theyll choke n we all know it

GO THA SWANNIES

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
hopey989 said:
no chance the lions, itll be eitha tha swans, roos, or eagles in the grand final, eagles look unstoppable, but we'll jus c wat happens when they start playing under huge pressure at the G in september. Theyll choke n we all know it

GO THA SWANNIES

don't be so rude about my eagles!! "we're the big birds, king of the big game" and they're certainly showing that this year!!

GO WEST COAST

HSC
i would love to see the swans win it this yr. you also have to remember they are known to tople winning streaks of opositions *cough* Eagles*cough* :)

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
C'mon Swan u beat Melbourne so it's one down and more to go - Eagles.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I hate to be so confident, but I can foresee the Eagles bein shot down next week.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
shit if they beat the eagles next week omg id b over the moon....i want sydney to win the premiership and shut those stupid melbournians up :p

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
they cant and wont. There are too many class teams who can step up come finals time and beat them.

Swans could win, i suppose - if they played every game at the scg.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
yay the swans beat melbourne on saturday :)...they are so gonna win the premiership now *fingers crossed*

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
woohow SYDNEY 3rd ON THE LADDER....what a win over melbourne.....they r definate contenders for the premiership...*fingers crossed - hope they win :uhhuh:*

gosh

im actually a port adelaide supporter but they are having a tough season this year.
i reckon the swans are doing pretty good at the moment but they were really good to watch 2years ago when they convincingly made 4th place on the ladder with entertaining play.
They will beat west coast this week. West coast are bound to lose sooner or later and the swans are the team that are most likely to push them off. plus west coast are travelling away across the continent to play in sydney, so they will be worn down.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Port Adelaide, eh?

Those guys have screwed this season because they haven't wanted to win enough. Their record at AAMI reads 6 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Their away record is something like 1 win and 7 losses. That comes from desire to win matches. Or lack thereof.

While I would hate to see it, I have a feeling that Roos might get scared this weekend. The Eagles have the best midfield in the comp (they comprehensively beat Brisbane's last week), and there is a chance that the Swannies will go into Operation Lockdown to contain the Coast's scoring opportunities.

I'd HATE to see that. It would be a sign of faith from Roos if he lets the players play open football, even if we lose by something like 110 - 90.

Then again, it's Sunday afternoon. It's Sydney. It's the team way out in front of the competition coming to play us...

Anyone else thinking about St Kilda in Round 11 last season? :D :D :D

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
I'd put my house on sydney losing the first week of the finals.

Also it doesnt matter what game plan they play against the eagles this weekend. They'll either get comprehensively beaten or thrashed. West coast have faster midfielders, taller forwards, better centremen and a better ruckman. I just hope it wont be a negative flood game - like so many swans games are against quality.

I'll be watching the game purely to see Cousins shit all over kirky - football wise of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)