Teachers doing essays for you (1 Viewer)

spyborg

HSC
N/A
dw once it comes to the external hsc, they'll be stuffed.

alex09hsc

HSC
yeah happens at mine to
my teacher says the ones who mark it look for originality so i write my own and practice writing as fast as possible so i can do 3 supplementary texts instead of two.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
dw once it comes to the external hsc, they'll be stuffed.
someone else told me this too, but i dont see how it works ?
wont they already have the pre-written essays anyway?

samthebear

HSC
write a letter of complaint to the board of studies, its unfair to not only you but also to everyone else in the state.

and yes, if your year group does shit hole so do you - something to do with moderating the marks and the available marks to distrobute according to rank. They can prepare pre written essays but i doubt that they'd be able to modulate the essay to the question.

alex09hsc

HSC
lol yeah it would suck if you have 20 dumb asses ahead of you. in the end theyll get like 50 and theyll steal your markss

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, i suggest you report this matter to the top authorities.

maybe the AFP or even the FBI if you wanna make things messy.

Or... you could send in a formal complaint to the Board of Studies about unethical teaching taking place in your school, in which you see as a complete disadvantage for yourself and the other 100+ kids studying the same English course as you.
THIS, if the principal wont listen...

and also make them read this:-

Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc-rules-procedures-09.pdf
10. Honesty in Assessment – the Standard
The following standard sets out the Board of Studies NSW requirements concerning students submitting their own work in HSC assessment. Candidates for the Higher School Certificate, as well as their teachers and others who may guide them, are required to comply with the standard.
The honesty of students in completing assessment tasks, examinations and submitted works, and of teachers and others in guiding students, underpins the integrity of the Higher School Certificate. Throughout the assessment process, the highest level of honesty is required.
Each student’s mark will be determined by the quality of the work produced by the student only. To demonstrate honesty, any component of a student’s work that has been written, created or developed by others must be acknowledged in accordance with the Board’s subject specific documentation. Use or inclusion of material from other sources such as books, journals and electronic sources, including the internet, must be acknowledged. General teaching and learning do not require formal acknowledgement.
Dishonest behaviour carried out for the purpose of gaining unfair advantage in the assessment process constitutes malpractice, or cheating. Malpractice in any form, including plagiarism, is unacceptable. The Board of Studies NSW treats allegations of malpractice very seriously and detected malpractice will limit a student’s marks and jeopardise their HSC. Should malpractice be suspected, students will be required to demonstrate that all unacknowledged work is entirely their own. Serious and deliberate acts of malpractice amount to corrupt conduct and, where appropriate, the Board of Studies NSW will report matters to the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

dp624

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Teachers doing essays for you

would be better to write to BOS.. that way no1 in ur school knows who did it
lol are you referring to your own, rather recent incident?
really, that kinda sucks bro

gella

HSC
haha what a shit school, i thought mine was bad
complain brutha

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah that sucks, now i realise how lucky i am to be in a school that does most if not everything pretty professionally with regards to exams

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
My English teacher kinda does a similar thing... he gives a structure to follow in exams that other classes do not necessarily receive from their respective teachers, and handouts of ideas/techniques etc (during the term, NOT before an exam)... Have to admit due to it, in Year 11 didn't learn anything, so I'm crap at writing at essays... oh well...

dp624

HSC
My English teacher kinda does a similar thing... he gives a structure to follow in exams that other classes do not necessarily receive from their respective teachers, and handouts of ideas/techniques etc (during the term, NOT before an exam)... Have to admit due to it, in Year 11 didn't learn anything, so I'm crap at writing at essays... oh well...
i think this is pretty alright though
sort of like what teachers are supposed to do?

LordPc

HSC
I would think so. I had a few teachers, like my SOR I teacher who did it for class essays so we would know what a good response was.

but I never got a teacher written response to the exam question

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Yeah it's all good for internal assessments and stuff... But if I get anything that I hadn't seen before, then I'm stuffed cos I wouldn't know how to structure my response, you know what I mean?

melissaLOL

HSC
thats tough... lifes not fair sometimes

i suggest complain to the principal via your parents and also other students in your class

escalate if necessary

but i dont like your chances

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)