Telling the Truth - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

~amy~

I have been looking for May Herschell Clarkes "Nothing to Report". Does anyone have a copy?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
to my understanding we cant use related texts that are already specified in the syllabus within that topic e.g Telling the Truth; my focus is Justice Game thus my related cant b a specified Frontline episode or Ted Hughes poem....but we CAN use texts which rnt in the same topic: e.g focus for imaginative journey= coleridge, related cud possibly b "i have a dream" (Luther King), which is one of the speeches specified in module b

hmmmmmmmm

Hey guys is anyone doing hte song "media" by John Butlers Trio or the movie "Broadcast news" if so can u plz post some info on either of these i need so much help and im running outa tym??

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
~amy~ said:
I have been looking for May Herschell Clarkes "Nothing to Report". Does anyone have a copy?
One minute we was laughin', me an' Ted,
The next, he lays beside me grinnin' - dead.
There's nothin' to report,' the papers said.

my fav related material :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Through my Eyes (the mini series and the book)
Articles from the Chaser Annual

Books by john Pilger (The New Rulers of the World and in particular Tell me no Lies: Investigative Journalism and it's triumphs)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky

The outfoxxed thing about rupert murdoch...Fox news ...my memory is dying, Ill be back with the right title later :p

Film: Shattered Glass starring Hayden Christenson (good movie in more ways than one ;) )

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
geeb said:
is anyone else using the movie chicago for their ORT???
i used it last year as a related text, it's really easy to write about

good movie too

HSC
N/A
Hmm.

For those die-hard Chicago fans, I would greatly advise using the stage version, not the film version, although I guess the film version is so much easier to access/analyse... the stage version's so much better though :( It also has a lot more content in it, which the film glossed over.

7minute

HSC
For anyone doing Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes for "Telling The Truth", some good related materials are:

Sylvia Plath's diaries
Plath's poems (eg. "Ariel". "Daddy" is especially good.)
The movie Sylvia starring Gywneth Paltrow

emz!

silvermoon said:
"Attack on the Ad Man" Tessimond
song by don henley- dirty laundry.. features on "Outfoxed" which is also a great text for telling the truth.. its an abc production

emz!

Sarah168 said:
Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky

The outfoxxed thing about rupert murdoch...Fox news ...my memory is dying, Ill be back with the right title later :p

Film: Shattered Glass starring Hayden Christenson (good movie in more ways than one ;) )
sarah168 the name is Outfoxed... available at all good abc stores or dub it from any good english teacher/friend

persephone

HSC
I used the film "Wag the Dog" and an internet article which i can not find now

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Another book which could be good is called "Bearing Witness".... it's about journalists at war, and the ethical issues that arise from different situations. It is kind of full of short stories, so you could just pick one of the short stories to analyse.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Sorry if I've repeated anyone's suggestion (as I haven't had the time to look through the thread) but Dead Famous is a good book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)