The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
ok i'm a bit unclear on who's covering the ashes for us.

so will the whole ashes series be telecast on SBS? and will richie benaud be commentating on there?
Yep, not every ball for the first Test because SBS have prior commitments to the Tour de France but the rest of the Series is on SBS and Fox at the same time. They'll just use the feed of Channel 4 in Enlgand whose broadcast team is:

Mark Nicholas,Richie Benaud, Mike Atherton, Geoff Boycott, Simon Hughes,Clare Connor,Adam Darke

linkage

HSC
HeCtic said:
Yep, not every ball for the first Test because SBS have prior commitments to the Tour de France but the rest of the Series is on SBS and Fox at the same time. They'll just use the feed of Channel 4 in Enlgand whose broadcast team is:

Mark Nicholas,Richie Benaud, Mike Atherton, Geoff Boycott, Simon Hughes,Clare Connor,Adam Darke

linkage
hey yeah i remember that mark nicholas guy, commentated down here last summer. i don't have fox, but will enjoy the ashes on SBS :D thanks for the info dude.

otay

HSC
England have dropped thorpe for peteirson. We'll see how he goes in the test arena. not too sure it will matter much. it looks like we are hitting our strides.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
they should kick out jones or hoggard and play flintoof as a full-time bowler and sub thorpe for jones or hoggard?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
HotShot said:
they should kick out jones or hoggard and play flintoof as a full-time bowler and sub thorpe for jones or hoggard?
Why? Its a test match. Plus its too much pressure put on an all rounder.

Robbo_m8

YES - richie's back on our TV screen. I missed him too much. Bout time Boof went, though i did like the rest of the commentary team

HSC
Richie Benaud is a living legend.

and i've started to like Kerry O'Keeffe, he's got such a classic laugh.

Boo_

HSC
lol, benaud is a legend!!!

and i still not confident on gillespie, but the last odi was promising, still, i hope he gets better, hez an awesome bowler (and batter i might add)

this_girl

HSC
It's gonna be a hard decision for the selectors. In my opinion, Kasper hasn't done much wrong and has performed great in place of Lee. And I don't know if dropping Gillespie would help much with his confidence at the moment. In a newspaper article today, he said dropping that catch in the final one day game was his lowest point. So the only way he's gonna get back in form is to have some game time.

Boo_

HSC
this_girl said:
It's gonna be a hard decision for the selectors. In my opinion, Kasper hasn't done much wrong and has performed great in place of Lee. And I don't know if dropping Gillespie would help much with his confidence at the moment. In a newspaper article today, he said dropping that catch in the final one day game was his lowest point. So the only way he's gonna get back in form is to have some game time.
yeah, but if it ends up costing australia the ashes...well, lets just say that it wont help his confidence if that happens

but he played well in demolishing the english middle order in the last odi, the only bad point would of been his last 2 overs, where he he was costly

this_girl

HSC
Boo_ said:
yeah, but if it ends up costing australia the ashes...well, lets just say that it wont help his confidence if that happens

but he played well in demolishing the english middle order in the last odi, the only bad point would of been his last 2 overs, where he he was costly
I don't see it costing us the Ashes. He's just ONE bowler, we have McGrath, Warne and our batsmen. Ponting and Gilly have gotten back in form in recent weeks. I don't see us losing it.

Cityboy

HSC
Lots of them are out of form, not just Gillespi. Clarke is injured, Hayden is in wooful form, Warne is going to have a shocking series because of his marriage, Langer is also out of match practice and he may not be at his best in the first test.

Boo_

HSC
i really really hope so...but having 'bangla bangla bangla oi oi oi' in my msn nick for a while was fun, lol...oh and i do go for australia:)

this_girl

HSC
I doubt Warnie will let his broken marriage affect him during the tests.

I think they should've definitely put Michael Hussey in the squad though.

HSC
nah warney should be fine for the first test, him and mcgrath are gonna absolutely rip into the poms :) don't you worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)