The Beijing Olympics (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: Nice One Mr. Rudd.

seano77 said:
Yeah and for now they are going to fake smile and say "it's ok, Mr. Rudd, we'll agree to disagree" and then when he leaves the country our economy will suddenly tank.
if you honestly believe this, you're an idiot

seano77

Walk On
HSC

boris said:
Its exaggeration. But surely they're not happy.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

boris said:
You don't know anything, boris!
Because Australia and every other Western country disagree with China's stance they are going to STOP TRADING with every country in the world. Because everyone knows it is in their best interests to cut off their major trading partners and let their economy collapse.

If you don't believe me ask Lyndon LaRouche he told me so.

boris

Banned
HSC

seano77 said:
Its exaggeration. But surely they're not happy.
i don't think they give a shit. so ruddkip told them they were bad, ruddkip isn't going to severe ties with china and china arent going to severe ties with us.

HSC

seano77 said:
I didn't say that. My point is why get involved with a cause where we do not really belong?
is human rights not a world issue?

boris

Banned
HSC

ari89 said:
You don't know anything, boris!
Because Australia and every other Western country disagree with China's stance they are going to STOP TRADING with every country in the world. Because everyone knows it is in their best interests to cut off their major trading partners and let their economy collapse.

If you don't believe me ask Lyndon LaRouche he said so.
shut the hell up you dirty arab, havent you got a primary school to esplode?

Gay Captain

HSC

seano77 said:
Bring up Tibet- nice way to strengthen the ties with one of the worlds most powerful countries. In 20 years China will grow by 350 million people, more than the whole population of USA. Lets make them our enemies. Nice move Mr. Rudd.
fucking traitors and snakes of winter

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

boris said:
shut the hell up you dirty arab, havent you got a primary school to esplode?
Wow you don't know how to argue because i'm smarter than you because I know all about China's inner thoughts so you accuse me of being a terorrist. why don't you go join china and help hurt the poor tibetans because you love them so much and hate australia

boris

Banned
HSC

ari89 said:
Wow you don't know how to argue because i'm smarter than you because I know all about China's inner thoughts so you accuse me of being a terorrist. why don't you go join china and help hurt the poor tibetans because you love them so much and hate australia
maybe i will!
whats more important?
china's money, or a few shitty tibetan peasants. i think i know what i prefer.

seano77

Walk On
HSC

russianROULETTE said:
is human rights not a world issue?
Yes, but wouldn't Australia's influence be limited? I agree with him coming home and explaining his opinion but saying it in China to high up Chinese people is very brave.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

boris said:
maybe i will!
whats more important?
china's money, or a few shitty tibetan peasants. i think i know what i prefer.
do that maybe we dont want you and your racists to be here

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Our Prime Minister isn't a dumb cunt like President Bush. You see the reason why he isn't boycotting so he keeps strong relationship ties and that's all that really matters for china so they can grab an economic boost during the olympic. All they have is someone's opinion on the issue big woop.
You fail at attempting a hate rudd thread.

boris

Banned
HSC

ari89 said:
do that maybe we dont want you and your racists to be here
maybe i want you arabs to stop stealing my precious oxygen

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

seano77 said:
Yes, but wouldn't Australia's influence be limited? I agree with him coming home and explaining his opinion but saying it in China to high up Chinese people is very brave.
Do we want to remain an impotent politically neutral state, kowtowing to the resident superpowers, or do we want Australia to be represented as a dynamic and politically influential global player in it's own right.

Move to sweden ffs.

HSC

seano77 said:
Yes, but wouldn't Australia's influence be limited?
true, there's not really much that Australia can do. but bringing awareness to the issue is at least a start, and it's a hell of a lot better than ignoring it completely. also, with all that fuss about a possible olympic boycott maybe they will be forced to listen. either way, i don't see how this is going to screw up Australia...

on the second point, i agree with foreverpink and Graney.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Aussie Rules: Rudd rocks the world.

Kevin Rudd has received a rave review from singer and songwriter KD Lang for his stance on Tibet, while the British press have showered the Prime Minister in glowing praise.
Canadian pop star Lang described Mr Rudd as amazing and fearless for expressing concerns while visiting China about the crackdown in Tibet.
The prime minister told Peking University students there are significant human rights problems in Tibet and brought up the issue in talks yesterday with Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao.
Lang is touring Australia for a series of concerts.
'Aussie rules'
Meanwhile Mr Rudd has received glowing praise in the British press.
In an editorial bearing the headline "Aussie rules", respected newspaper The Independent said it was impressed by Mr Rudd, who left London this week after his first official visit to the UK.
"We were looking forward to Kevin Rudd's term as Australia's Prime Minister, and so far we have not been disappointed," the paper said.
"On the contrary, with his plain speaking, his firm principles as a politician and - a bit of a luxury, this - his fluent Mandarin, Mr Rudd has not only met our expectations, but inspired not a little envy as well."
It was not only Mr Rudd's language skills that earned him accolades.
The editorial also spoke highly of his strong stance on security for the Olympic torch relay in Australia later this month, his plea for China to open dialogue with Tibet and his address to Chinese students on human rights.
"The world needs more leaders like this; we hope he has started as he means to go on," The Independent said.
Mr Rudd's visit to Britain was given limited attention by local media.
His four-day stop coincided with last weekend's pro-Tibet protests as the Olympic flame was carried through London.
Mr Rudd declared that Chinese security guards, criticised for their handling of the London demonstrations, would be banned from the torch relay in Australia, saying domestic agencies would provide adequate protection.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...annabel-crabbba/2008/04/11/1207856773295.html

Rudd is the best.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Re: Aussie Rules: Rudd rocks the world.

I think it's funny. We're so determined to not recognise greatness, bravery, heroism. THis stupid country, always trying to be pleased with their mediocre petty selves. Always dragging down, stamping out the good stuff.
Rudd IS awesome. What he's doing IS good. The world recognises this. Why cant we admit it?

HSC

Iron said:
Why cant we admit it?
because people who hate Rudd / Labour try their hardest to find reasons to criticize him even when what he's doing is good.

but yeah, Rudd ftw.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Iron said:
I think it's funny. We're so determined to not recognise greatness, bravery, heroism. THis stupid country, always trying to be pleased with their mediocre petty selves. Always dragging down, stamping out the good stuff.
Rudd IS awesome. What he's doing IS good. The world recognises this. Why cant we admit it?
Australians are not used to greatness, We've been used to John Howard for 12years, it might take some time to adapt i guess :D

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Re: Boycott of Olympics

The interesting thing about the Rudd visit of China is that, while the Australian media focused on the fact that he brought up the issue of Tibet, Asia media (not just the Central government station but also Hong Kong and Taiwanese TV stations) emphasised his reiteration that the Beijing Olympics should not be boycotted (accompanied by footage of him speaking mandarin to express that very point). So we ended up with the people of both sides perceiving Rudd as someone who firmly supports their side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)