The Beijing Olympics (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: Boycott of Olympics

screw these tibet protesters. they're giving me the shits and theyre making me give less of a shit about tibet than i did before.

epic failure on their behalf.

boris

Banned
HSC

What have you done for the alcohol, drug and sexual abuse issues that permeate their communities?
We've done significantly more than them, actually.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

Yael Arad puts it well in this weeks Australian Jewish News when he says:

Human rights is a very important issue, but why is everyone remembering it now? Why ddn't they cry out eight years ago, when the International Olympic Committee decided that the Olympic Games would be held in China?
The situation of the Tibetian people did not develop overnight..

Secondly why punish the athletes? who

although they represent their countries, [they] are first and foremost people with a dream, and they have invested time and energy in their life's work from an early age. Taking part in the Olympic Games is the realisation of their dream.
How many of you have have boycotted Chinese products. How many of you know of businesses who have stopped doing business in China.

Arad concludes in saying

These Olympic Games, more than anything, are an opportunity for hope and for exposing the Chinese people to the western world's vision.
Thank G-d for the likes of sensibility!

whatusername?

HSC

withoutaface said:
???

1. Arabs attack Israel.
2. Arabs lose. Badly.
3. Arabs have a cry because they were dumb enough to attack in the first place.
thats ridiculous. the arabs fought and died for the british who promised to give them the land of palestine. then they double crossed the arabs and gave it to the jews instead because they felt sorry for them. palestine belongs to the arabs. fucking usa wont stop backing israel up though...why i cant imagine..

boris

Banned
HSC

lol @ trusting the british

they also said they'd leave ireland alone and then BAM! it's Cromwell time.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

Perhaps they support Israel for the "robust democracy" (Kevin Rudd) that it is?

Or perhaps its because Israel also "stands for personal independence, a free parliament and an independent judiciary" (Brendan Nelson)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Americans like Australians should never allow Israel to become a stranger as "No Australian who believes in the dignity of man, in freedom and in democratic principles should ever, through neglectful indifference, allow Israel to be a stranger. To do so would be to diminish ourselves and our own true security. " (Brendan Nelson)

Of course, these are just suggestions, I can't fathom it either. :) Ha!

Dongle

HSC

JaredR said:
Yael Arad puts it well in this weeks Australian Jewish News when he says:

The situation of the Tibetian people did not develop overnight..

Secondly why punish the athletes? who

How many of you have have boycotted Chinese products. How many of you know of businesses who have stopped doing business in China.

Arad concludes in saying

Thank G-d for the likes of sensibility!
Amen. This is the most sincere and profound view of what the Olympics should really be about I've heard in a long time.

whatusername?

HSC

JaredR said:

Or perhaps its because Israel also "stands for personal independence, a free parliament and an independent judiciary" (Brendan Nelson)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Americans like Australians should never allow Israel to become a stranger as "No Australian who believes in the dignity of man, in freedom and in democratic principles should ever, through neglectful indifference, allow Israel to be a stranger. To do so would be to diminish ourselves and our own true security. " (Brendan Nelson)

or maybe they could take a look at the betrayal of a vulnerable people on which this "robust democracy" was founded?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

Are you talking about the Holocaust? The Stateless Jews.

On the contrary the Arabs of the Mandate of Palestinian held allegiance to Egypt, Jordan and Syria all established Arab States with far more military and economic viability than the newly founded Jewish State. :)

Anyway this is about the abuse in China. If you want to talk Israel, create a new thread.

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A

JaredR said:

Your Zionist puppets would say anything.

As long as you gave them campaign funds.

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC

Say what you want, do what you will, I'm not arguing about this anymore. I wouldn't care if no one goes to the Olympics this year.

The bottom line is, China has killed nobody. It's all hype. Believe it or not. China's innocent.

..and who says we don't have human rights? Who says we don't have freedom of speech? Who says that we don't have respect? Where did that come from? If you point them out to me, I'll show you that they're all hype. We've been mistaken again and again. Where do we get the knowledge from? From the media, from the Australian media, from the Tibetans, but not from China herself.

The government doesn't need to stand out to say anything.

IF YOU'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG, IF YOU'VE WALKED STRAIGHT, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR SHADOWS STRAYING. One day you'll all realize that you've been blind. Mark my words. This century belongs to China and no one'll be able to snatch that away.

...but no matter how many times the torch's been smothered by water from protesters or any other desperate, classless acts take place, the show will go on.

...and it will flourish.

This is all I have to say. Boycott all you want. We're still going to be the best.

P.S. There's a real sense of community back there. Here it's cold. You can be dead for a year and no one'll notice.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC

China told Rudd to butt out, then lets get our butts out of the olympic and boycott it.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

zstar said:
Your Zionist puppets would say anything.

As long as you gave them campaign funds.
I was actually joking when I said this.
I didn't think anyone was retarded enough to believe it but yeah..

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Nice One Mr. Rudd.

Bring up Tibet- nice way to strengthen the ties with one of the worlds most powerful countries. In 20 years China will grow by 350 million people, more than the whole population of USA. Lets make them our enemies. Nice move Mr. Rudd.

HSC
Re: Nice One Mr. Rudd.

riiight, so i guess everyone is supposed to totally ignore the human rights abuses because of that?

nice logic there.

seano77

Walk On
HSC

I didn't say that. My point is why get involved with a cause where we do not really belong?

boris

Banned
HSC

seano77 said:
Bring up Tibet- nice way to strengthen the ties with one of the worlds most powerful countries. In 20 years China will grow by 350 million people, more than the whole population of USA. Lets make them our enemies. Nice move Mr. Rudd.
dude. just give up.

i hate ruddkip more than sand in my pants, but the little weedy runt went in there and was like 'sup china, you guys are pretty shit with ur human rights violations' as opposed to going in there and saying 'sup china, i speak mandarin, sweet hey!'

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

"Although Rudd speaks Chinese, his position on Tibet is different from China's."
-Zhang Jie, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences

Quite the analysis there

seano77

Walk On
HSC

Yeah and for now they are going to fake smile and say "it's ok, Mr. Rudd, we'll agree to disagree" and then when he leaves the country our economy will suddenly tank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)