The Beijing Olympics (1 Viewer)

suzannep

HSC
Re: Boycott of Olympics

This is not true the patriot act covers electronic espionage withen america. It allows them to listen in there own people without a warrent. whats really bad is the UKUSA treaty ( prounced U-KA-SA) look that up then we'll talk

Aryanbeauty

HSC

lordesf said:
well how do u no for sure that has no human rights, r u chinese?
what makes u think tht, the channel ten news?
I do not have to be a chinese nor live in china to criticise or talk about chinese human rights. The fact that tens of thousands of chinese in australia are/were refugees proved me right. We are yet to find an australian seeking refuge in China. Remember how two chinese diplomats defected to Australia a few years ago.

USA's freedom of speech is a failure as there is no freedom in USA lol, can be viewed govt just pure corrupted, full of controversies that canot explain certian things kept form its citzens...
Really? what is prohibited to say in the USA? can you name anyone who is jailed because he criticised US government or is prohibited to say something?

I belueve tibet NEVER had human rights, the Delai lama did terrible thing to ppls of tibet as it ruled in power, and a relgion cannot rule a country now thts fact! look what the chritsians did in the crusades!
Tibet is like 2000 behind in these things and i beliegve shoul dbe time for modern advnacements...
What terrible things were done by Dalai Lama in his short reign of 9 years?

anti-hypocritic

HSC

suzannep said:
This is not true the patriot act covers electronic espionage withen america. It allows them to listen in there own people without a warrent. whats really bad is the UKUSA treaty ( prounced U-KA-SA) look that up then we'll talk
I'm sure America does this type of thing way more often

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
What terrible things were done by Dalai Lama in his short reign of 9 years?
Tibetans are strongly persuaded (forced) to give all their private properties to the temples. They could have been very rich because they herd precious grazing animal like yaks. But instead, many of them died due to poverty. Their life was quite hard.

Admit it or not, since 1951, their life quality is much better than ever before. Chinese government give them some preferential policies. Recently, a new great railway is built which links this long-time isolated land to the rest of China. Hopefully it will help Tibet's economy a lot.

Aryanbeauty

HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
Tibetans are strongly persuaded (forced) to give all their private properties to the temples. They could have been very rich because they herd precious grazing animal like yaks. But instead, many of them died due to poverty. Their life was quite hard.
Can you give us an evidence of such Tibetans forced to give their properties to the temples? Can you show us Tibetans who allege such coercion by the current Dalai Lama in his 9 year reign which was UNDER Chinese occupation 1950-1959.

Admit it or not, since 1951, their life quality is much better than ever before. Chinese government give them some preferential policies. Recently, a new great railway is built which links this long-time isolated land to the rest of China. Hopefully it will help Tibet's economy a lot.
Every country have better quality of life compared to 1951 and 2008. Maybe they don't want your railway and your soldiers , after all they are up in arms against the chinese occupation against all odds.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
Can you give us an evidence of such Tibetans forced to give their properties to the temples? Can you show us Tibetans who allege such coercion by the current Dalai Lama in his 9 year reign which was UNDER Chinese occupation 1950-1959.

Every country have better quality of life compared to 1951 and 2008. Maybe they don't want your railway and your soldiers , after all they are up in arms against the chinese occupation against all odds.
1.I don't have the time to do further research on this. But I don't think you can solely rely on American sources.

2.Not all tibetans think so. In fact, rioters are the minority.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Post deleted hey?

Still, my point stands. Nobody is going to take you seriously, anti-hypocritic, when all you do is go around trying to contradict anything negative said about China, only to run off when asked for sources.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

sif anyone cares about Tibetans..or the olympics..even China for that matter.

Thanks to China we have cheap shit.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Slidey said:
Post deleted hey?

Still, my point stands. Nobody is going to take you seriously, anti-hypocritic, when all you do is go around trying to contradict anything negative said about China, only to run off when asked for sources.
As a HSC student, I don't have much time to do such researches.

But I just wonder why I can't see any sources for your viewpoints , but you can ask me for the sources?Is this a kind of hypocrisy?

Last edited:

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Or you simply think what western press said is all rightful and indisputable?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
Or you simply think what western press said is all rightful and indisputable?
The world is against China. They are really just kind-hearted people who want to share their love of freedom, individuality and human rights with the rest of the world. But the West doesn't want freedom or individuality to catch on, so the heads of every Western country secretly plot to control the media and spread stories to trick people into thinking it is actually China that oppresses these ideals instead. They do this by inventing things like the Tiananmen Square Massacre, Fallun Gong opression, and the unexplainable disappearances of people who try to bypass the extremely strict censorship of religion, democracy and anything that questions the rule of the elite.

Then the Western governments have the hide to say the Chinese government is constantly trying hack into government and industry computers to steal important trade and security secrets. It just sickens me. :mad:

ippie

HSC

I reckon its like this massive covert war between USA and China. US hates China's power and rising economy and shit

Hey man, China will be the next ***HEGEMON*** - suck on that USA.

HotShot said:
Thanks to China we have cheap shit.
Duh, the Chinese aren't so picky. If they have a job it's like FUCK YES! For example, us Australians are greedy and always want more more more payrises and compensation and shit. I dunno, I think we're more bludgier too. Takes us forever to do shit, e.g. build infrastructure.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

ippie said:
I reckon its like this massive covert war between USA and China. US hates China's power and rising economy and shit

Hey man, China will be the next ***HEGEMON*** - suck on that USA
Unlikely. India is in a far better position for that.

It's a covert war alright - not of economy (again, see India), but of morals and ethics.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Slidey said:
The world is against China. They are really just kind-hearted people who want to share their love of freedom, individuality and human rights with the rest of the world. But the West doesn't want freedom or individuality to catch on, so the heads of every Western country secretly plot to control the media and spread stories to trick people into thinking it is actually China that oppresses these ideals instead. They do this by inventing things like the Tiananmen Square Massacre, Fallun Gong opression, and the unexplainable disappearances of people who try to bypass the extremely strict censorship of religion, democracy and anything that questions the rule of the elite.

Then the Western governments have the hide to say the Chinese government is constantly trying hack into government and industry computers to steal important trade and security secrets. It just sickens me. :mad:
I see this cliche again...
The world is not just as simple as you think, you don't understand the inner feeling&thought of people of different nationality&culture&history.
The west (here, I specifically mean America and West european countries) spends hundreds of years to develop the concept of democracy, liberty etc. During this period, they have done many evil things.
But now, they suddenly turns another face to the world and use an aggressive way to force other nations to accept their long-time developing democracy ect. to the rest of the world who was their victims not long ago.
Some of them are not prepared to tolerate this. Muslims are the best example to illustrate this.

I felt it would be an endless argument if we are dodgy or fussy about cliches.
I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of Chinese people (excluding the minority of betrayers,spies etc.), including most Tibetan people will not agree with the west press on this matter. Some countries must understand any real action of separating Tibet will provoke the 1.3 billion people, this is not exaggeration.

Last edited:

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Slidey said:
Unlikely. India is in a far better position for that.

It's a covert war alright - not of economy (again, see India), but of morals and ethics.
You are implying that America is at the highest moral position? Then why American's reputation in the world(not in certain countires) is decreasing dramatically?

Last edited:

anti-hypocritic

HSC

ippie said:

Hey man, China will be the next ***HEGEMON*** - suck on that USA.

Duh, the Chinese aren't so picky. If they have a job it's like FUCK YES! For example, us Australians are greedy and always want more more more payrises and compensation and shit. I dunno, I think we're more bludgier too. Takes us forever to do shit, e.g. build infrastructure.
I like the way you speak. I think you're more realistic.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
You are implying that America is at the highest moral position? Then why American's reputation in the world(not in certain countires) is decreasing dramatically?
I didn't mention America. But to answer your question: because America is at the top. Everybody expects the entity at the top to stumble and swoops in like vultures when they do (it's called 'tall poppy syndrome' and is something Australia is chronically bad at). But America does mean "the West", so I don't know why you brought that up.

I was in fact implying that positively valuing democracy, and individual human rights, the position of the West (which extends to places like Japan, Israel and India these days) was the higher moral position.

The West doesn't need to be the absolute best of the best at human rights and freedom. The fact that it is dramatically beating China at such things is enough for it to pass judgement without undertones of hypocrisy.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Slidey said:
I didn't mention America. But to answer your question: because America is at the top. Everybody expects the entity at the top to stumble and swoops in like vultures when they do (it's called 'tall poppy syndrome' and is something Australia is chronically bad at). But America does mean "the West", so I don't know why you brought that up.

I was in fact implying that positively valuing democracy, and individual human rights, the position of the West (which extends to places like Japan, Israel and India these days) was the higher moral position.

The West doesn't need to be the absolute best of the best at human rights and freedom. The fact that it is dramatically beating China at such things is enough for it to pass judgement without undertones of hypocrisy.
It is a example of YOUR way of thinking.
Let's talk about Japan, it cruelly kills more than 40 millions people not long ago. Now because it is builds up a parliament and becomes a pet of America, you grant it the laurel of democracy, yet it hasn't seriously aplogized for its atrocity in the Second World War.

And you didn't answer my quesion as to why America, a perfectly morally greater country has a fastly decreasing reputation around the world (not in certain countries) while it does the "proper" things.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
It is a example of YOUR way of thinking.
Let's talk about Japan, it cruelly kills more than 40 millions people not long ago. Now because it is builds up a parliament and becomes a pet of America, you grant it the laurel of democracy, yet it hasn't seriously aplogized for its atrocity in the Second World War.
Check out Hiroshima and Nagasaki yo. War isnt fair. There are no apologies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)