The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
Yeh I am not looking forward to Easter Thursday/Saturday... let's just say our store is projecting $1m in sales in just those two days alone that week...
OUCH! I think the most we've done in a day is $300k. But I hate how people seem to think that because the store closes for a day, the whole world will implode on itself. Good thing Easter Saturday isn't a public holiday here so we'll be adequately staffed (I've got 11-5)

Zozo6969

HSC
OUCH! I think the most we've done in a day is $300k. But I hate how people seem to think that because the store closes for a day, the whole world will implode on itself. Good thing Easter Saturday isn't a public holiday here so we'll be adequately staffed (I've got 11-5)
Actually mate Easter Saturday will be a public holiday, double time and a half if ur working at coles.

jirwin

HSC
Actually mate Easter Saturday will be a public holiday, double time and a half if ur working at coles.
Pretty sure bdude is from Tasmania - I think Tasmania has Easter Tuesday rather then Easter Saturday.

greekgun

HSC
Funny thing happened at work today (around 9ish at night)
2 cops came in and asked if me if we rang them because there was a robbery or theft?
I said "no, i dont think anyone called, but ill call my duty manager for you".
So i call my duty manager, he comes down starts talking to the cops and telling them no one has made a call, and no one has been robbed. Then one of the cops goes "This is safeway right" and my duty manager and i look at each and burst out laughing, and the best thing happened, some random bogan customer shouts at them 'this is fucking coles u stupid pigs" and then they just walk out.
Seriously...its abit of a worry when cops get coles and safeway mixed up.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Funny thing happened at work today (around 9ish at night)
2 cops came in and asked if me if we rang them because there was a robbery or theft?
I said "no, i dont think anyone called, but ill call my duty manager for you".
So i call my duty manager, he comes down starts talking to the cops and telling them no one has made a call, and no one has been robbed. Then one of the cops goes "This is safeway right" and my duty manager and i look at each and burst out laughing, and the best thing happened, some random bogan customer shouts at them 'this is fucking coles u stupid pigs" and then they just walk out.
Seriously...its abit of a worry when cops get coles and safeway mixed up.
Rofl I'll have to ask what happened :p - It woulda just been Loss Prevention or something though no doubt

vincent1407

HSC
I tried to search for a job on Coles Career website but nothing came up for the last 2 years. Are they not hiring or is there anything wrong with website. I dont want to storm into the store and ask for my application form( I put all for everything ) and state : Victoria but nothing came up.

kevin94

HSC
I tried to search for a job on Coles Career website but nothing came up for the last 2 years. Are they not hiring or is there anything wrong with website. I dont want to storm into the store and ask for my application form( I put all for everything ) and state : Victoria but nothing came up.
HEY EVERYONE!!! and yes i no!!!!
How annoying. There isnt like any jobs available so i had to do the expression of interest thingy magigy. And tomorrow im handing in my resume as backup, so they maybe can hire me?? can i still do that?

vincent1407

HSC
Most of my friends got a job in Coles and they said that they applied 4 it online. That was so lame.

greekgun

HSC
Honestly, best way to get into coles is online (better chances of getting hired if your young). Get a good mark on the online tests things, cheat as much as you can, use a calculator for the maths questions, get a friend to help you so you can get the best possible score (not that you need to cheat for these tests there that easy) - by getting a good score on these tests, and being young, your going to be on the top of the list for applicants.

But whatever you do, dont hand in your resume...it usually ends up in the bin, everyone says they put it away so it can be read during hiring times...but thats not the case, do you expect store managers to keep bunches of resumes which would take up a fair amount of room in there office?

HSC
I remember before I was working at Woolies, my local Coles had a sign out the front advertising for Casual staff, and asking for Resumes. The next day, I brought in my resume, the sign was still there, they still told me that they didn't take resumes :|

Anyone who can get a job at coles group must be amazingly talented ;)

jirwin

HSC
My store accepts resumes in person. It seems every time we get one in, that person is hired... well at least that was what was happening like a year ago. Not sure where they end up but certainly does get given to the store manager/duty manager on that shift.

Saw a guy hand one in the other night actually. It was a 1 page sheet that looked like it was spilt into 4 sections by the use of a table (the border lines were visible). The page was also folded... not very professional looking in my opinion but as far as I know we aren't hiring anyway.

bdude

HSC
I think we still accept handed in resumes :/ I know I got my job by the online application process.

I guess if you're going to hand in your resume, make sure you've put in an online application as well so they have something to look at with the details there and the test they make you do.

zobothebobo

HSC
i got my job through handing in my resume. i had the same thing happen to me, there were no jobs online, but i did an expression of interest. then there were signs in my store saying they needed people, so i handed in my resume and got the job. =]. depends on the store really. the store where my mum works don't accept resumes and rip them up, where as my store accepts them (and actually keep them for when they need people.)

i got so may hours for next week. im working everyday that my store is open. i'm a bit scared really, i didn't work christmas eve or boxing day, so i don't think i'm prepared for all the craziness.

TheStallion

HSC
vincent1407, learn to apply for a job at Coles properly. You don't search for positions or wahtever you're on about, you just go onto the Coles Careers site and submit everything there, regardless of whether a position is available or not. If you're checking stuff like seek for job opportunities, most stores don't post their vacancies on there unless it's a full time job, our store just goes through the backlog of online applications when we're hiring.

TLDR, goto the Coles Careers site and submit all your shit.

bouncingfire

HSC
Our store is the opposite, i was on the online system for more than a year and i didnt get any offers, i decided to hand it in-store and I got a call the next day.....

greekgun

HSC
Hmmm, i thought all supermarkets would have stopped taking in resumes...pretty much when someone hands in a resume we tell them to submit and online application, and if they get shitty and what to hand it into the SM in person we take it tell them he/she isnt in and end up throwing it out - thats what our SM told us to do anyway. Managers are just not interested in reading resumes, alot easier for HR to weed through the applicants and get a more select group for managers to go through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)