the department of mysteries (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
crazyhomo said:
dude, he's a house elf. you really think a kids book will have beastiality in it?
Hey, it was just a theory :p

Okay, maybe Dobby could be half goblin then. :p

btw I think it is spelt:bestiality :)

Last edited:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
kleptomaniac said:
Could it be the elusive Mark Evans?
"Mark Evans is nobody - he's not important to the plot. His last name is coincidentally the same as Lily Potter's maiden name."

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What's funny is that while people have speculated a LOT about the "half-blood" bit, everybody is leaving the "prince" bit open to interpretation and revelation.

But let's say we fixate on the 'prince' bit. Since "half-blood" accompanies the word, one is seriously inclined to think Tom Riddle is the prince. But let's say that it isn't Tom Riddle, and the "half-blood" bit refers to the nature of the prince, not what he is the prince of. If this is the case, then we can safely dissociate the two phrases and use "half-blood" merely as the criteria for ruling out possibilities.

Now, Dumbledore is a master of magic, so one could associate the term 'prince' with him, although he isn't exactly evocative of the image of a prince, purely due to his age. However, it would be interested as to whether or not he is half-blood. Anybody know?

Hagrid could be considered a prince of monsters, due to his giant heritage (and hence half-blood). It is unlikely that it is Hagrid, though, since the giant storyline appears too minor to be central to the plot. Also, the giant storyline is shared by that other lady, so that further decreases the likelihood of it being Hagger.

Crookshanks is, of course, a possible, but not very probable, choice. He (she? if she, then not) is very intelligent, determined (as with his attempts at the destruction of Scabbers), though these could be said to be traits of cats in general. Another thing is what he is a prince of. You could do the whole morph thing, but that's a bit trite and cliched with Rita, McGonagall and Petigrew doing that.

Ron is pureblood Hermione is female and muggle (in the sense of having no magical bloodlines). There's Dumbledore's brother, of course. You could run the whole mysterious stranger thing. Again, a bit cliched.

I think it's Tom Riddle, myself. The chamber of secrets is, after all, almost like a prize, a inheritance.

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
eLmo said:
"Mark Evans is nobody - he's not important to the plot. His last name is coincidentally the same as Lily Potter's maiden name."
arghh i hate her now... rowling doesnt make mistakes like that!!... there go all my theories :(

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
rumour said:
Dude, Tom Riddle is Voldy & she has said that it will not be him!
just because they inhabited the same physical body does not necessarily make them the same person

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Tom Riddle WAS Voldemort. But he isn't anymore. And hence, she hasn't really said it isn't
Tom at all.

Even in the books, Tom states he is a piece of Voldemort preserved (enough in itself to say they are not one in the same!). But Tom grew a physical body, and he also learnt and experienced things which Voldemort did NOT. This makes them two seperate people, similar as they may be.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ooh, read the new edition of "magical worlds of harry potter"... i'd read the old one already but this one has stuff about OoTP etc...

the phone number to get into the ministry spells M-A-G-I-C! 62442! (on most phones)

gotta love JKR.

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
dude, he's a house elf. you really think a kids book will have beastiality in it?
Hello. Sirius/Werewolf-Remus or Remus/Padfoot.

It's all there.

:p

As for all the theories: You guys are a crack up. Although, belonging to the HP fandom does mean I read this stuff everyday.

Personally I think it's metaphorical. That, and the title says "Half Blood" as two separate words. When refering to someone as halfblood, it's put together. It might not have anything to do with blood lineage at all.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
bubz :D said:
hahah shite he did? ok my bad, must've overlooked it :p
..I think so - coz isn't that how all the kiddies got into the ministry to get the orb? ..its been a long time since I read it

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ohhh yeah i kjnow, but did he actually say that it's the numbers for magic?
haha god i'm an idiot

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
oh no.. now I'm not sure .. but I do remember reading it somewhere - I looked at the Ministry of Magic chapter .. Mr Weasly doesn't say "magic" but he does say the numbers out loud..
now I've forgotten where it was that I read it :eek:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
He dials the number in the phone booth just before Harry's hearing but doesnt mention it's relation to magic :p

rumour

HSC
crazyhomo said:
just because they inhabited the same physical body does not necessarily make them the same person
That sounds funny,but I still don't think it is him, because Tom Riddle is already a major part of HP, is there anything we don't know about him?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
yeah if u go into jkr's website that is the number u dial on the phone to get special stuf...it's the coolest site ever. and she has said that neither harry nor voldemort is the HBP (as we in the biz know him). my suggestions are:

a) seamus (he is a halfblood wizard)
b) neville (connection to harry and prophecy)
c) ron (relations to great wizarding families)
or
d) someone we've neevr even met before.

think about it...all previous titles have related to people, groups or things that have not been introduced before that particular book. philosopher's stone, chamber, prisoner of azkaban, goblet, order. hmmm?

for other good conspiracy theories, see Erin Linn's Quibbler editorials at Mugglenet.com

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The door on jkr's website is open again. After solving a few puzzles you get to this:

SPOILER

He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
welshi said:
think about it...all previous titles have related to people, groups or things that have not been introduced before that particular book. philosopher's stone, chamber, prisoner of azkaban, goblet, order.
that is still a very broad category though ... :)

however the 'halfblood prince' does narrow it down a fair bit...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Reckon it's Snape, or perhaps Seamus.

But either way, I reckon Snape is a half blood, mainly because neither he nor any Snape appeared on Sirius' Family history/tapestry. And it was implied that all purebloods intermarried, having some conection to the Ancient and Noble House of Black. But, hopefully, we'll just learn more about Snape's past in the last 2 books.

Theres always Seamus, or even Remus.

ALSO, can't rule out Tom Riddle. JKR said it wasn't Voldermort, but, as someone else pointed out (somewhere..) in CoS, when Dobby tells Harry not to return to Hogwarts, because he is in danger, and Harry asks if it was Voldermort, Dobby says no. It ends up being Riddle, so maybe thats a clue in itself. Something little from CoS is suppose to be the central role in HBP. LOL, maybe Narcissa isn't Draco's mother and he's the HBP? Now it's sounding like Days of out Lives.. :p

Don't want it to be Riddle though, too obvious. I am hoping it's Snape and if not, Lupin.

Also, theres more to Petuina, so that should be interesting.... :)

Bout the Goblet of Fire though, am really cut that alot of Snape scenes will be cut out... although, I dont see how they can do much of it, seeing as how half of his scenes revolve around the Death Eaters, they really cant cut it out :( I wanna see the dark mark on his arm!! At least Jason Isaacs is back. He and Alan Rickman? absolute legends. Love em both ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)