The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Minardi do have the technical resources to match Jordan. Infact, their new engine for their new car which is being debuted this weekend is equal to the output that RBR has. Minardi aren't generally bad - in the past few seasons they have been one of the most reliable cars in the whole f1 field - more reliable than renault, williams or mclaren - they were just behind ferrari in terms of reliability. Alex Yoong, Tarso Marques or Gaston Mazzacane are all talented drivers - however, its obvious that they weren't built for formula one. Just because a driver doesn't make it into the grid of a formula one race does not mean that they aren't a good driver.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Yes, but Jordan have a Toyota engine which is the most powerful of them all. But, yes, you're right they are quite even now - but only becaue Jordan are, in essence, starting from scratch.

Regardless though, you cannot judge Minardi on reliability since it is not compromised with serious speed, but I must say, Minardi seem quicker this year and the new aero package looks quite handy (as well as the new Cosworth engine).

Again, I agree with your statement that certain drivers aren't built for F1 and that driver skill isnt negated by their success in F1. All the drivers on the field are exceptional, and I'm sure that given the right racecraft they could all be brilliant. Tora Takagi, for example, was blindingly quick with Tyrell in '98, but he was always crashing - he crashed into the pitwall once. Furthermore, a lot of drivers that are suited for F1 have been screwed by the politics in certain teams. Heinz-Harald Frentzen is the perfect example. Came to F1 with Sauber - with a reputation of being quicker than Schumacher (which he was). But when he went to a championship winning team (Williams) he got slaughtered over by Patrick Head, Frank Williams and the English media because he took Damon Hill's spot - did shit, went to Jordan and was awesome. Which comes back to the initial comments on how the marginal teams have this ability of harbouring tremendous talent.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Sure, you might be fast during a race - but speed alone does not win races. Its a combination of speed and great reliability that wins races - Just ask anyone at BAR.

A recent driver that is suited to f1 - but as a test driver and not a race driver is definately de la rosa. De la rosa is a great test driver for mclaren, however, his race at Bahrain was another story. The poor guy couldn't overtake anyone. Little relevance I know, but just because someone can't race doesn't mean they suck - they might be great test drivers - which is sometimes more valuable, especially in researching and development.

On the other hand, drivers who were test drivers, now race drivers learn alot. Eg: Massa. One year as a ferrari test driver - and people have noticed how much of a better driver he has come since he joined sauber.

You really can not ignore politics, especially in a global sport controlled by dictators. Its a fact of the sport. If people associated with the sport can't accept it, then they should put up or shut up or leave.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
ok, getting back to the race on 2nite....
aww ... but did you see how nice I was being to minardi ;)

shit! theres a race tonight ... jk - qualifying is on in just over 20 minutes :D

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
aww ... but did you see how nice I was being to minardi ;)

shit! theres a race tonight ... jk - qualifying is on in just over 20 minutes :D
lol, yes i saw, but theres a RACE on! n ur talking about minardi...

qualifying happened n everything n i dont know if it's been mentioned

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
lol, yes i saw, but theres a RACE on! n ur talking about minardi...

qualifying happened n everything n i dont know if it's been mentioned
I was being nice for once! I'm shocked your not proud :(

Qualifying one was last night - top with - Raikkonen, Alonso and Michael. However, the top 11 drivers are separated by one second - so its pretty much anyones pole, especially since theres 0.003 seconds between raikkonen and alonso :eek:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ooooh ... and more interesting news. Red Bull Racing is going to be using ferrari engines from next yr onwards. DC finally got his drive with ferrari, be it, only the engine. *rollseyes*

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

that'll be interesting....

now, if only the minardis could go round corners as fast as they flow through the air...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
now, if only the minardis could go round corners as fast as they flow through the air...
You have been watching too many red bull ads :p

Well - technically minardi should be able to do that, considering Stoddart runs an European discount airline, and hes planning to launch oz jet soon.

Back to f1 ...................................

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
You have been watching too many red bull ads :p

Well - technically minardi should be able to do that, considering Stoddart runs an European discount airline, and hes planning to launch oz jet soon.

Back to f1 ...................................
err....wtf?

hahahaha...lost me there....

F1...5 minutes till 2nd rounnnnnnnd qualifying

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
err....wtf?

hahahaha...lost me there....

F1...5 minutes till 2nd rounnnnnnnd qualifying
woooooooooohooooooooooooo I managed to confuse you for once :p

4 minutes til qualifying :p

*starts chewing nails*

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
gosh braad!! your a fast one!!

I swear - the ppl on f1.com type waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow! :chainsaw:

Interesting - it was raining this morning - track = damp. Early drivers will act as dryers :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
qualifying

1) Raikkonen
2) Alonso
3) Button
4) Webber
5) Trulli
6) Sato
7) Wurz
8) Massa
9) Heidfeld
10) Barrichello (aka nugget)
11) R. Schumacher
12) Villeneuve
13) Fisichella
14) M. Schumacher
15) Coulthard
16) Liuzzi
17) Karthikeyan
18) Monteiro
19) Friesacher
20) Albers

that is it :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Good on Raikkonen for gaining pole :)

FHIGULERSUBNTLURBU - Michael - bloody hell, even I could drive better than him :mad:

*stomps out of f1 thread*

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
go webber !!!
haha again r shuey outgunned by trulli
bar revival?
cmon rbr beat those ferarris !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)