The F1 Thread (8 Viewers)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Sorry, new here, and I couldn't really bother to read back 241 pages, but you guys reckonm Kimi can catch Alonso, or do you guys believe he's overrated? I've been following McLaren since I was 7 or 8 or when I got into F1, but I reckon Kimi gets too much hype surrounding him - I mean he's at $1.90 to win this weekend compared to the 2nd favourite Alonso at $4.00.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
wtf?
there's no doubt that kimi is good, it's the stupid reliability that is stopping him

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Kimi is good. No denying that. <-- Look - I said something good about Kimi :D
If anyone is overrated its Alonso.

Kimi can catch Alonso. Why the big differences in prices for this round. Simple - Silverstone is classed as Mclaren's home grand prix, and Renaults car is not at all suited for the Silverstone track. Mclaren are also strong have a strong areo package - which is what silverstone is, an aero circuit. Its now Kimi's and Michael's big chance of closing the gap on that little annoying Alonso.

Edit: Actually, theres only one other driver who is more over rated than Alonso, that is Button. I have been reading articles today, about how he thinks he is the best driver in the field.

And OMG! Michael and Cora were on a train in London yesterday when the bombs went off. OMFG! I could have lost michael forever *cries*

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
Edit: Actually, theres only one other driver who is more over rated than Alonso, that is Button. I have been reading articles today, about how he thinks he is the best driver in the field.
Yeah, Button's just hyped up so much because he's the only British (in a sport where British people run the media) hope, and he'll never get close either. Coulthard's better, but he's had his time.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Griz, why on earth is SPA their home gp as well? I thought Hockenheim was? Cause the merc factory isn't far from the circuit.

Oh, and I found this on the net as well, its kinda interesting, its what fans want to do with F1. Damn, should have done the survey :p

- 94% want more overtaking;
- 74% want more emphasis on driver skill;
- 69% want more teams;
- 84% want 18 or more races in a season
The driver and technology

- 88% say showcasing the skills of the drivers is the most essential aspect of Formula One;
- 80% agree advanced technology sets F1 apart from other motor sports;
- 74% want more emphasis on driver skill and less on driver aids;
- 64% look forward to the technical innovations each season.
- 84% of fans want 18 or more races a season;
- 28% want 21 races or more;
- 69% said that the sport should travel to even more new countries.
Circuits
Monaco and Spa with 55% and 53%.
49% Silverstone 25% Indianapolis
43% Monza 24% Interlagos
38% Suzuka 23% Barcelona
35% Imola 20% Magny-Cours
29% Montreal 18% Sepang
27% Hockenheim 17% Hungaroring
27% Nurburgring 15% Bahrain
26% Melbourne 14% Shanghai
9% Istanbul
hmm .. they want more overtaking, yet people like Monaco, get rid of tracks like Monaco, Hungaroring and Bahrain (to a certain extent) and introduce more "drivers" circuits like Silverstone, Spa and Suzuka and you will get overtaking.

Television coverage

- 99% of fans watch Formula One on TV;
- 76% will watch all 19 races;
- 68% watch all of the race coverage;
- 36% watch all of the qualifying coverage;
- 54% think television coverage has improved in the last five years.
Media and marketing

In the last 12 months:

- 95% of fans visited a dedicated Formula One website
- 89% read about Formula One in the newspaper
- 48% bought team merchandise
- 40% purchased a product or service of a sponsor
Lets see: I live on F1 websites, well, I don't read the newspaper, I just lookie at the pictures :p *looks towards all my ferrari merchandise( products: <3 Vodafone!!! oh and shell, oh dear, I need a life :p

And this section of the survey is just funny:

So which are set of F1 fans are stranger?
The six per cent in the FIA survey who don't want more overtaking, or the one per cent who never watch a race on television?
haha.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, I discovered a rumour!! Friesacher might loose his seat at Minardi, unless he pays before hungary ... which is two races away.

And NO, this doesn't mean that Zsolt is coming back! Actually, where is that guy these days? Trying to save up some cash ... if he saves up enough, you never know, he might kick monty out of Mclaren ;)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
id like to see a tyre change/s during the race, it would be more exiting if we could find a medium between intresting pitstops and worn down tyre races. splash and dashes are just boring. and more overtaking, not lapped traffic would be better too.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What I'd like to see (and its not going to rig F1 in any way shape or form to help ferrari and schumacher).

Able to change engines during a race weekend, allow to change tyres, possibly switching to one control tyre, bring back 12 lap qualifying in an hour with low fuel, possibly somehow make fridays more interesting for the people who attend, removal of blue flags for lapping cars - let the drivers do more work, redevelop the Hungaroring, have more tracks like spa and silverstone (driver circuits where overtaking is possible), as for design of cars and all that - meh, just let the teams do whatever :p

I'd also like to see channel ten having qualifying coverage on saturday night, or even sunday morning. Looking at numbers gets boring after a while. And getting rid of Bill Woods forever! Last race was so good when he wasn't there :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
2005 rules have been shit ever since they were first announced last year. *counts the endless michelin and bridgestone tyre failures*

The amount of political debate which is now in F1 is unbelievable! It was bad enough last year, but now its beyond a joke. Somethings needs to be done!

More importantly! WHY THE HELL DOES KIMI HAVE STOP NEXT TO HIS NAME FOR PRACTICE!!! IF HE HAS A BLOWN ENGINE I WILL SERIOUSLY YELL AND SCREAM SO MUCH THAT PEOPLE AT MERCEDES IN GERMANY CAN HEAR ME!!!

I'd do something worse, but I don't think its rather appropriate :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Fuck!!!! Stupid merc engines! Two races in a row!! Damn, I wanted Kimi on pole and kimi to walk away with the win as well :mad:

Don't worry oj, I'm sure he can make a storming drive through the field.

Oh, and I found this quote from Max Mosley its so funny:

"If they put the television on and see a good race, then we are in the pound seats, but if they see a bad race then even if Ron Dennis, Nick Fry and I were making love in the paddock, it is not going to fix F1."
Its in response to Stoddart saying he will sell minardi if Mosley doesn't leave f1 :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Blimy hell ... how did nando get pole! shit!

Comeon ferrari and Michael! We can win!!

Oh, I love the A1 ring - i want that track back!!

And he means the A1 Gp. http://www.a1gp.com/main.php?hf=Yes

I haven't seen it, but F1 owns A1GP cause of Michael *faints* I think that fainting problem has come back :uhhuh:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
oh that, i thihk sits going to be good becasue its based on driver skill but no big names will make it boring and the aussie round might be at Eastern Creek, id like to see that.

it would be good if the best f1 drivers go in them, then we can decide who has the best skill and not best car.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
kimi would win that so regardless of which gp he ran for...
fuck it was close between kimi and renault... so close.. i got a feeling both mclarens are running heavy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)