• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Mika was also at the Hungarian GP. Kimi will be WC this year :)

And why is there a gp party at my house? If there is, your not invited Grizzly.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Wow! I'm surprised it took like 17 hours for an anti Ralf Schumacher post! Thats gotta be a record! Thanks Argonaut, it wasn't terribly surprising that you posted that.

How ever, I could find the stats that I posted up and it shows that Ralf throughout his time at Williams was a better performer through qualifying and racing than Button and Montoya.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Ralf is not a second-rate - just a whinging pussy.

De le Rosa linked with BMW/Sauber for 2006. I don't know if I like that idea. I'd prefer Wurz or Heinz-Harald.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ralf is not a whinging pussy either.

The sauber / bmw thingo is interesting, JV says he has a contract for next year, but I wonder if they will keep him. Heidfeld will probably go, as for their second driver, i dunno. I'd like to see Davidson get a drive, or even Albers to go to a better team, hes done very well this year for a minardi driver.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Yeah. I followed the DTM series and Albers was awesome in that and he has proved himself in the minardi.

Fuck JV, he is hopeless.

Realistically, I'd like to see Nick Heidfeld and Alex Wurz.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
2006 Driver Lineup Predictions:

Ferrari: Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa.
BAR: Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello.
Renault: Fernando Alonso, Giancarlo Fisichella.
McLaren: Kimi Raikkonnen, Juan Pablo Montoya.
Toyota: Jarno Trulli, Ralf Schumacher.
Williams: Mark Webber, Anthony Davidson.
BMW/Sauber: Nick Heidfeld, Pedro De La Rosa.
Jordan/Midland(?): Narain Karthikeyan, Tiago Monteiro.
Minardi (no fucking idea, so....): Will Davidson, Will Power.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yay! Driver predictions :)

Ferrari: Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa
BAR: Rubens Barrichello, Alex Davidson
Renault: Fernando Alonso, Giancarlo Fisichella
Mclaren: Kimi Raikkonen, Juan - Pablo Montoya
Williams: Mark Webber, Jenson Button
Toyota: Ralf Schumacher, Jarno Trulli
Sauber / BMW: Nick Heidfeld, Christijian Albers (long shot) or maybe Alex Davidson
Red Bull Ferrari :): David Coulthard, Christian Klien
Jordan: Tiago Monterio, Narain Karthikeyan
Minardi: Two randoms.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh deary matty, you should pay more attention to the blabble I say. Yes. Red Bull Ferrari. Didn't you hear? Because Red Bull is using Ferrari engines next year, Ferrari have given them the rights to use the name "Ferrari" in their team name.

As well, they are likely to switch to bridgestones as well, williams are looking down that path as well.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Oh deary matty, you should pay more attention to the blabble I say. Yes. Red Bull Ferrari. Didn't you hear?
Na, I didnt hear about that. Maybe I will pay more attention to your blabble in the future....if you do my assignment for me :) .

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
matt#1 said:
Na, I didnt hear about that. Maybe I will pay more attention to your blabble in the future....if you do my assignment for me :) .
hmm *thinks* Ok :) Your assignment is easy, done heaps of them already.

But can you do an assignment for me as well??? Its too hard :( Its the Sydney Olympic Park one that I was explaining, alternatively, you can do my ecological footprint for me.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Yeah, i forgot about Red Bull Ferrari....

Red Bull Ferrari: David Coulthard, Christian Klien.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
hmm *thinks* Ok :) Your assignment is easy, done heaps of them already.

But can you do an assignment for me as well??? Its too hard :( Its the Sydney Olympic Park one that I was explaining, alternatively, you can do my ecological footprint for me.
lol- you would really do my assignment for me?!?. Does your assignment involve geography? Thats probably the only thing im good at outside of Law and business type subjects.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Komit - I'm shocked that you forgot about Red Bull Ferrari :p

Matt - I won't do the whole assignment, but like I said before, any questions about tourism planning etc, I can help you with. And yes, my assignments contain a fair amount of geography.

Oh, back on F1 news :p Williams, Red Bull Ferrari and possibly toyota are making the switch to bridgestone. Which will make the ratio 7:4 if toyota join.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
It's easy to forget about Red Bull. Even moreso now that they have a useless Ferrari engine.....

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
They quit in 1998 - I know that for sure. But the reason is sort of unknown. The one I heard is that they wanted to increase their sales and pulled out to focus all their resources on that.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
:( Ferrari engines aren't useless!!! You have to admit, Red Bull Racing have been a stand out performer in the early part of the season!

I dunno why goodyear left, maybe they wanted to out to go into another form of motorsport, but I'm sure someone here would know.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Cape said:
I dunno why goodyear left, maybe they wanted to out to go into another form of motorsport, but I'm sure someone here would know.

See above.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Google is your friend. Heres why Goodyear left :)

Citing rising costs of F1 and the new tire regulations, Goodyear announced that it is leaving F1 after the 1998 season.

William Sharp, president of the Goodyear's global support operations, said, "Rule changes imposed for race tires by the governing body for 1998, the ever escalating costs of participation and the consequent diminishing returns on the company's investment in Formula One are major factors in Goodyear's decision."

"Goodyear recently locked up NASCAR racing with an exclusive contract for three years, which protects them from being beaten in that area of racing. This means our only opportunity is to continue to beat them in CART and IRL Indy car racing. It's good defensive strategy on their part but it certainly raises serious questions about Goodyear's slogan "Number One in Racing."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)