The F1 Thread (5 Viewers)

Heusen

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

There's always been rumors of Raikkonen moving to Ferrari but why would he?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

kimi wont move unless schumi pisses off... hey cape who kicked your ass? ME

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I read the same thing about Schuey, although I don't believe it. He said he'd make his decision mid-season and I also read it only on one website. Until its plasted all over the internet, on the radio, in the newspaper and on the news, I won't believe it.

I really hope that Massa stays with Ferrari, I think he did a great job on sunday. Even though he spun it.

Engine changes to Montoya and Massa for next weekend. Thats two Ferrari engines that have gone after Baharain, DC and Massa. Hope Kliens and Schumacher's last.

Why would Kimi move to Ferrari? Cause they have a reliable engine. Simple.

Oh, channel 10 asked Murray Walker to commentate the Australian GP, he said no :( But we get a gird walk with him!

And who the hell came up with those live timing times for Malaysia. Bloody hell, I've got a lecture *mad*

What do we all think of loosing the Japanese GP after this year? Bernie signed a deal with Fuji raceway, so thats going to turn into the Japanese gp, suzuka might still be in the calander, except named as the Pacific gp or something. I'd hate to see Suzuka go. Its one of the best tracks, not to meantion it did provide us with the most entertaining race last season.

OJ - bite me! You barely kicked my ass. And watch out next week! Your just lucky I couldn't have sold Ralf for Kimi.

Last edited:
HSC

on the news last night they said murry walker said yes. i hope he does anyway.

what is fuji raceway like? it would be a shame to lose suzuka but a new track is always good. it levels the playing a field a little bit.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

http://www.silhouet.com/motorsport/tracks/fuji.html

Fuji is alright, but Suzuka is miles better than it, atleast Suzuka is much more technical. I hope that Suzuka stays on the calender. I don't think that there is one driver out there in F1, who doesn't like Suzuka.

I get the feeling we are going there, just because of Toyota, they have billions of dollars to splash around. They want to race at their own track, because Suzuka is owned by Honda. If I was Toyota, I'd be worrying more about the shocking performance of the TF106 so far.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC

Greetings F1 folk ...
My F1 thread hiatus is over ...
1st race of the season was great stuff, go Webber and Nico !! Nico was pushing out fastest laps, and his late race charge was great to watch, really impressive stuff ...
But where the hell is Baumgartner, thats bullshit, how can he not be in a team this season? :(
Ferarri look the goods this season, looks like its going to be a really competitive season !!
Renault, McLaren and Honda all have a chance ...
Toyota were just dissapointing ... I agree with you Cape, you see the feature on RPM?, i was left shocked after that, like WOAH!!, i knew F1 teams spend alot of money, but that much money !?!?!
"oh if ve dont vant to ues diss vindtunnel, ve vill ues ze oder one"
The Torro Rosso V10 looks like it could steal a few points this season, even with rev limiter ...
Alonso to Mclaren in 07, Kimi and Alonso in the same team is something to look forward to ... are there anymore changes?
2006 season is here :) enjoy :p

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Welcome back Ruby :D
:wave:

Nico's big test will come this weekend, if he stays near Webber throughout the weekend, Webber will have something to worry about.

Zsolty was a one hit wonder, gone and forgotten, along with his mole.

Ferrari more than have the goods. They aren't looking for race wins in the first 3 fly away rounds, they just wanted to collect good points - however, their second place was above expectation. Expect a ferrari / bridgestone flogging when we get to Imola and williams for that matter. I know ferrari have a new aero package for Imola.

People knew how much toyota spends (after all, Ralfie is the second highest paid driver after his brother), hell, the even bought Fuji speedway, although Ferrari own two tracks, we won't go there. Toyota throw their money around left, right and centre, and after Bahrain, they should be embrassed. Plus, that thingo RPM showed was old. It was filmed in Janurary and was probably downloaded off the net, cause thats where I got mine from :p

And who said Kimi and Nando in the same team? It might be Mclarens dream line up, but with 4 years of horrid unreliability, and kimi just missing out on the world championship twice by few points, I don't know how much longer he can stand seeing an engine blow up every weekend. Ferrari or toyota for Kimi?

Oh, there is one other thing, renualts rear wing is under investigation because it flexs, ferraris wing according to renault flexs, but the fia gave it the all clear.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

Cape said:
OJ - bite me! You barely kicked my ass. And watch out next week! Your just lucky I couldn't have sold Ralf for Kimi.
Cape you still suck. If the values had changed this week, Ralf would be worth 0. His a piece of shit^3.

I was 1.5mil short on trading Massa for webs. Your lucky! Admit it, you need a top driver on your team. Schumi doesnt do it for ya.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Orange Juice said:
Cape you still suck. If the values had changed this week, Ralf would be worth 0. His a piece of shit^3.

I was 1.5mil short on trading Massa for webs. Your lucky! Admit it, you need a top driver on your team. Schumi doesnt do it for ya.
Schuey does do it for me!

I have two top drivers in my team - Schuey and Massa. Wait until toyota fix their tyre problems, and ralfie will be back. Can't believe you would change Massa for Webber!

bizadfar

HSC

hahaha bad bad bad toyota on masia.

Kimi at 6th, Klien at 5th!
Then we got the renaults and Jenson/Schumi above.

Malaysia is a very difficult track. The amount of long blind corners just pisses you off!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I like Malaysia :uhhuh:

Regardless of qualifying its going to be a cracker of a race. Rubens, Michael, Massa and DC all required engine changes. Although, Michaels was changed to be on the safe side. Its better to change, take 10 place penalty and gain points than to do half a gp with an exploded or faulty engine and be forced to retire.

It will be interesting to see different strategies tomorrow play out. Ferrari trying to chuck a Kimi? I think that they could pull it off. In the final practice session this morning - Ferrari specificially Michael were 4km faster than anyone in the speed trap. And they are fast during qualifying as well, even though they were pretty much taking it easy. Wonder how they will plan their qualifying strategy?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Rant cause I'm seriously pissed off! I wanted a race like Bahrain.

Nico and Webber - stop trying to squeeze each other off the track and squeeze nando off next time.
JPM - if your going to drive that slowly, you can kiss your seat at mclaren goodbye next year, and say hello to a new seat at renault. Mclaren are supposed to be fast, slicing and dicing the field. Renault cruise around with their cruise control on.
Trulli - fucking stop the train!
Sato - welcome back to your old tricks again.
Klein - don't hit Kimi again!
Flavo - everyone knows that you love nando, but give fisi some credit. Hes f1s most under-rated driver. And renault is not the best team in f1, so stop trying to widen your wallet.
Totoyta- don't 3 stop ralf again! you screwed belgium up last year and japan. Doesn't work unless you have a seriously fast car, you only got points because half the field blew up.
Nando - stop being such a cry baby (see flags in bahrain), and a stuck up bastard and if i see your stretched head once more on tv this season, your dead!
Button - you do not have the third fastest car on the field. You aren't going to get a gp win, nico will beat you to it!
Mr E - change the engine rules. 1 engine 1 weekend. Then we don't have to see drivers drive around 60 - 70% on the limit. And there would be less blow ups.

But I'm glad renault and ferrari didn't use team orders. Australia should suit bridgestone teams better anyway. Enormous amount of onboard footage from ferrari, wonder if Mr E and FOM required it for the FIA ;)

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Rant cause I'm seriously pissed off! I wanted a race like Bahrain.

JPM - if your going to drive that slowly, you can kiss your seat at mclaren goodbye next year, and say hello to a new seat at renault. Mclaren are supposed to be fast, slicing and dicing the field. Renault cruise around with their cruise control on.

Mr E - change the engine rules. 1 engine 1 weekend. Then we don't have to see drivers drive around 60 - 70% on the limit. And there would be less blow ups.
That's why Montoya's pace was on and off. He didn't replace because he beleived the 10 place penalty would put him more behind.

Also those rumours about his engine being underpowered at Bahrain...

Just a thought.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Melbourne in 2 weeks. Got my tix. The only shit thing is that I have a Corporate Finance exam the week after GP. grrrrrrrr.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

bizadfar said:
That's why Montoya's pace was on and off. He didn't replace because he beleived the 10 place penalty would put him more behind.

Also those rumours about his engine being underpowered at Bahrain...

Just a thought.
Montoya has failed to live up to his agressive name that he was taged with at williams. I remember he used to grab the car by the horns and "drive" the car like a man, not like a renault driver.

I still think these engine rules are stupid. I'm sure the teams have spent far more on R&D than what it would to build and change an engines throughout a year. Its spoiling good racing. It might be exciting to watch fast guys come through the field, but the best driver and best car aren't winning on the day. And Fridays at a race track just make F1 look stupid.

Komit said:
Melbourne in 2 weeks. Got my tix. The only shit thing is that I have a Corporate Finance exam the week after GP. grrrrrrrr.
You think thats bad? I have a law assignment due the day of the gp, and 4 assignments due the week after, I better get started! Plus I have class friday afternoon!

Do me a favour and when you are in Melbourne, punch nandos head!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

far out bad with my team... stupid klien you moron!
aguri is coming guys watch out top teams! these azn gangstas are gonna be competitive when they dont have a 3 year old car...
bad luck to heidfeld with only 8 laps... rosenburgers an idiot for shafting webber...
kimi woulda had the race if it wasnt for that... blimey... monty... stop being conservative... you cant win being cheap...

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Montoya has failed to live up to his agressive name that he was taged with at williams. I remember he used to grab the car by the horns and "drive" the car like a man, not like a renault driver.

I still think these engine rules are stupid. I'm sure the teams have spent far more on R&D than what it would to build and change an engines throughout a year. Its spoiling good racing. It might be exciting to watch fast guys come through the field, but the best driver and best car aren't winning on the day. And Fridays at a race track just make F1 look stupid.

You think thats bad? I have a law assignment due the day of the gp, and 4 assignments due the week after, I better get started! Plus I have class friday afternoon!

Do me a favour and when you are in Melbourne, punch nandos head!
I wish i could go to Melbourne. but my exams start the next day.

At least i was there in 2002... hehehe! I'm sure you all remember the spectacular Ruben's zig zagging and Ralf flew over him.

1 engine rule for 2 race venues since its intro in 2005 was the dumbest shit i had ever heard and it just killed Kimi's season. Even if the mclaren engine was just as shit last year(reliability) without that 1 engine per 2 races Kimi would've been way up closer to Alonso and most probably ahead.

Every couple of years F1 is getting worse and worse.

"Montoya has failed to live up to his agressive name that he was taged with at williams. I remember he used to grab the car by the horns and "drive" the car like a man, not like a renault driver. "

The problem you don't see is, Ron Dennis doesn't like those aggressive drivers. Ron dislikes Latino drivers because of that erratic behaviour, JPM has just been conservative to keep his head from getting cut off. I'd do anything to see the old montoya back. I loved the 2003 season, and i beleive Williams had the strongest car in 2003 after a few races.

Also IF the engine being underpowered at bahrain is true, that would be a valid reason for two conservative races. He even said at the end of race "... we had to conserve the engine.." This also brings up another matter: Is Merc's engine reliable? Kimi said in his short meeting with the race reporter at pit lane ".. the car was great.... reliable"

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

hehe ... loved 2002! Still have the full race on tape.

The 1 engine, 2 race weekend rule is not the stupidest thing I've heard. That belongs to last years rule of no tyre changes through a GP. Or the new wing that the FIA want to introduce.

Kimi's engine was more reliable than usual. Usually come practice, pop goes the merc :p

But they should have a format like this:
Friday- 2 x 1/5 hour practice sessions, which is capped at a certain number of laps which you can't go past, after which can change the engine once.
Saturday - 1 hour practice, followed by qualifying.
Sunday - 30 minute warm up at say 10:30am, followed by race at 2pm.

If someone changes the engine more than once, they shouldn't be penalised 10 grid places, its stupid. Then they can reduce test days to 25 days. Cause I'm sure when they broadcast practice on Friday of the gp, it will be boring as jackshit.

I think Montoya should go back to BMW. With that BMW engine behind him, he was almost unstoppable.

OJ - I'm sure ferrari, mclaren and renault are shaking in their boots! Super Aguri racing might just challenge them for the championship.

I sense a Ferrari victory at Albert Park :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)