The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

bizadfar

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

LOL @ SUper Aguri, first a refuel malfunction, then Ide hits his crew, then he stalls. LOL. SATO 5 stops so far, IDE 3 LOL! Just big LOL.

Great driving by MS and Alonso so far.

Kimi is really pushing hard on heavyt load.

one BMW on fire!!!! Heidfield i think.

EDIT: Nope its villeneuve.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Super Aguri are the laughing stock, like I said that they would be. Sato has only pitted like 50 times.

Nando needs to keep a cool head. I think thats about the first time I've seen Nando get worked up.

Oooh, this will be close =/

Rosberg is flying! What the hell is wrong with the toyotas!

bizadfar

HSC

GREAT FIGHT. ALONSO aggressive into turn 1 and forced michael to go wide or slow down. I swear i hate turn 1 and 2 in simracing, so hard to overtake, or keep momentum.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Now, this is what is F1! I hope its this close for the rest of the year.

I know what you mean about turns 1 and 2 on the racing sim, they are so hard, I nearly have to come to a complete stop to get around them. I also don't like turn 10, which leads on to the back straight.

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Now, this is what is F1! I hope its this close for the rest of the year.

I know what you mean about turns 1 and 2 on the racing sim, they are so hard, I nearly have to come to a complete stop to get around them. I also don't like turn 10, which leads on to the back straight.

True, Kimi's run from 22nd to 3rd was brilliant. Montoya a bit quiet and conservative i think, holding 5th.

Under braking turn 8 and turn 10 are really in simracing. Unfortunately in the game turn 10 and 4 are as bumpy as hell, easy to spin and/or lose traction.

Overall fantastic race mainly front the top 2 drivers.

Did you guys notice Rosberg practically flying this race? I hope that cosworth engine will keep up in Malaysia. It would be a good indication to us viewers/fans, because he was just flying past people on the straights.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

There were so many great drives last night! Kimis, Alonso held the pressure well, Michael well hes just relieved I don't think Ferrari expected michael to be on the podium, Rosberg absolutely flew. Good drives from Heidfeld, Webber and Klein as well.

Massa did well to get back to 9th place, considering he was at one stage nearly 40 seconds behind last place.

Hondas and Toyota, well, they were off dancing with the fairies.

As for the restricted V10, something needs to be done about that. Ferrari engine may not be the most powerful in the grid, but Massa had trouble trying to get past Luizzi.

Excellent race though, I'm off to watch it again. I hope all the races this season will be like that. Boy is Malaysia delayed!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Nico Rosberg was sensational! It's not as if he is an F1 rookie, but a seasoned F1 professional. I predict big things for this kid.

BMW...barrgh. Unlucky. Heidfeld could have qualified higher if he didn't run wide and probably would have had a better race. Villeneuve was doing fine until his engine went. But, so far, I like what I see.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC

renaults pit crew were great, to get alonso out in front...oh and alonso to put in the laps:), raikonen put in a stunning drive from last to 3rd, did good to and good to see Webber in 6th, hopefully he can put together some consistent preformances this year.

heh, super aguri. only to mkae up numbers, their "pitstops" was a joke to F1.

i hope every race is as action packed like the first one, and im loving the re-introduction of tyer changes, makes it more intresting and extiing now. i just have to remeber the new car liveries. it was kind of confusing, some look nearly the same.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I'll friggen kick your ass oj!

Schumacher was so unlucky not to win though. He was docked one lap of fuel because one lap of qualifying was outside of the 107% rule of his fastest lap. If he had that one lap of fuel in, he could have possibily come out infront of Nando. That race had a lot of IFs in it.

Speaking of liveries, I kept getting confused between mclaren and midland :p Although that mclaren shimers, its pretty!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

if you talk like that, kimi was unlucky not to win cuz he didnt qualify... same shit... whats happened has happened
you calculated i won... i wonder how dj griz went though... i bet he'll beat us

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

oj, do you have any idea how the token thingo works? Nando got all the tokens (14) while Michael only got 11. But like I said, the race had a lot of IFs in it. What if massa didn't spin, what if massa spun and hit nando, what if rosberg didn't loose his front wing at the beginning of the race.

And I'll kick yours and griz's ass and hand it back to you on a gold plate :)

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:

Schumacher was so unlucky not to win though. He was docked one lap of fuel because one lap of qualifying was outside of the 107% rule of his fastest lap. If he had that one lap of fuel in, he could have possibily come out infront of Nando. That race had a lot of IFs in it.

Speaking of liveries, I kept getting confused between mclaren and midland :p Although that mclaren shimers, its pretty!
Yup the midland and mclaren are confusing. The best way to distinguish them is by their noses. Midland=thicker, MP4-20 style. Mclaren= Thinner, MP4-19 style.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

Cape said:
oj, do you have any idea how the token thingo works? Nando got all the tokens (14) while Michael only got 11. But like I said, the race had a lot of IFs in it. What if massa didn't spin, what if massa spun and hit nando, what if rosberg didn't loose his front wing at the beginning of the race.

And I'll kick yours and griz's ass and hand it back to you on a gold plate :)
like i said on the last page NO... explain plz

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

What the hell! You haven't kicked my ass! The results aren't even up yet. We shall see tomorrow.

Speaking of F1 books, theres this great encyclopedia at borders at Macquarie, which is 2 volumes, has every driver, every car and every track ever to be in F1. Its a great read! Ashame it costs $150!

HSC

Cape said:

i thought i heard them talking about 110%... or is that to qualify for the the race??

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

GlobalOperation said:
i thought i heard them talking about 110%... or is that to qualify for the the race??
Actually it was 110%, sorry. 107% was in the seriously OLD days of qualifying with the 12 laps.

HSC

i read somwhere that shuey may have signed with ferrari till the end of 2008. and that mayb kimi will be moving over. so what are they gonna do with massa? i think once he settles in he will be able to be right up there. maybe not with kimi alonso and shuey but not far behind them. it would be a shame if he only got one year with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)