The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

bizadfar

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

I want to see Spa on the the calender!!!

I want to see someone do another Fisi!

Well Montoya DOES want more attention and the car to give Kimi a worthy fight this year. He is a good driver, one of the most cunning. Unfortunately most of his radical moves can end in disaster.

Out of the Jap teams, I only really think Honda will be competitve. But then again, I'm basing that off testing. We need to wait 11 days for Bahrain - and i hope i don't fall asleep like the majority of times last year.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

i think toyota is very underrated... just because theyve been under the radar and everything... actually schumacher has been talking too much shit

bizadfar

HSC

Orange Juice said:
i think toyota is very underrated... just because theyve been under the radar and everything... actually schumacher has been talking too much shit

If you notice, both schumacer brothers talk alot of shit lol.
Remember the Mika vs Michael years?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

you hear how ralf was saying how michael cant win it this year... cuz his SHIT...

yeh looks whos fastest right now... mclaren hot as shit...

ohdato

HSC

Just by looking at the car you can see Mclaren have gone to extremes they are either going to be shit hot and go sweet or be the worse of the bunch....But I can only see the first of the two being the result, all because Mclaren pushes so hard.

Cosworth have been talked about alot with their exprience with v8's so maybe
Williams and WEBBER in particular can pull it off with a 06 Drivers Champ...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

i think their engine problems are gone... kimi did over 100laps and it didnt blow up...

we're right on the money this season

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

oi ... not so much of the schumacher bashing, thanks :)

Toyota have to win this season, they have the largest budget in formula one, so if they don't win one race this season, they'll be going back to germany and japan with red faces.

Honda are the most over rated team in formula one. To get a drive at Honda the requirement is to have driven in 100 f1 gps and not win a race.

Ok, we can do the tipping again, but it will be tougher this year, I think theres 4 or 5 drivers who could possibily win races and the championship.

And OJ - ralf doesn't talk shit!

bizadfar

HSC

Anthony Davidson just broke the Valencia track record.
1:08:5XX

I beleive Ferrari is back on the rise. Tire rules...
Myself.. I've always been a Mclaren fan. The days of Mika, Smooth driving of DC and some nice nonstop pushing from Kimi.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

but davidsons a poof. cape i read in some article that ralf was saying mick cant win this season... thats not really nice considering their family...maybe one of them are adopted?

i bet mick schu will be favourite to win this season at tab. im gonna bet on toyota cuz im feeling them (not really, but their budgets bound to pay of sooner or later right?)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

"I'm not a Ferrari driver - not yet," Raikkonen said.

omfg that is depressing
how cood u KR

bizadfar

HSC

Grizzly said:
"I'm not a Ferrari driver - not yet," Raikkonen said.

omfg that is depressing
how cood u KR
Well, how would you like to be Raikkonen and paired up with Alonso in the same team for 2007? Kind of betrayed? Your director doesn't have as much faith in you, even though he said "2(!) world champions are better than one". Raikkonen obviously has shown he was not happy. But it would be good to have another Senna and Prost.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

what are teh chances of alonso pissing off. id prefer to have kimi and monty.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

All you boys do is bitch, bitch and bitch. Geez, I thought that I was bad!

Oj - Mick can't win this season, because his name is Michael, not Mick. And secondly, ofcourse Ralf would say that, he wants to win the title as well. And no, neither one is adopted.

Griz - Kimi is so a ferrari man! He made a mistake going to Mclaren, maybe he was trying to be the next Mika? Who knows.

I'd like to see Kimi and Michael at Ferrari next year, although, I would feel sorry for Massa - he is a good driver.

bizadfar - don't forget ferrari aren't the only team on bridgestone this season, this is why I think williams and toyota will be better than last season, after all, they are sharing data with ferrari.

Oh! Channel 10 are finally broadcasting qualifying, be it at 2:30am in the morning - I'm sure we have plently of uni work that needs to be done, especially you oj :p

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
All you boys do is bitch, bitch and bitch. Geez, I thought that I was bad!

Oj - Mick can't win this season, because his name is Michael, not Mick. And secondly, ofcourse Ralf would say that, he wants to win the title as well. And no, neither one is adopted.

Griz - Kimi is so a ferrari man! He made a mistake going to Mclaren, maybe he was trying to be the next Mika? Who knows.

I'd like to see Kimi and Michael at Ferrari next year, although, I would feel sorry for Massa - he is a good driver.

bizadfar - don't forget ferrari aren't the only team on bridgestone this season, this is why I think williams and toyota will be better than last season, after all, they are sharing data with ferrari.

Oh! Channel 10 are finally broadcasting qualifying, be it at 2:30am in the morning - I'm sure we have plently of uni work that needs to be done, especially you oj :p

OJ: I'd rather have JPM and Kimi too,

Cape: That's not true, he didn't make a mistake joining Ferrari. After all we know how much scum(cmon, everyone knows... no denying this) they are. They made Barrichello make such big sacrifices(and if you think its just slowing down to come second, your wrong, it's alot more than that and that's really the reason why MS won the champ alot). Also at Ferrari, they gave Michael the best stuff as with any team for number one driver, but they also severely lacked attention for to Barrichello(problems even starting the race anybody? Also remember in 2002 barichello was really faster than MS at some tracks, but mechanical failures like electrical/greabox etc let him down. NOT engine failures -> team didn't really give him the car he needed). Kimi didn't want this extreme preference.

Kimi also hasn't made any decisions with ferrari. ALl he cares about is the upcoming season. He has indicated this many times.

Also unfortunately... Bridgestone WILL be the best tire this year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

JPM doesn't deserve to be in the same team as Kimi. Kimi is heads and shoulders above JPM, all JPM is, is an erractic drug smuggling Colombian. Sure, JPM might have his good days - a few races in Brazil, Monza, but other than that, he simply doesn't have it. Back to champ car for him.

Kimi might not have made any decisions, but everytime that merc engine blows up, hes gotta be thinking, what the hell am I doing here? Everytime it blows up, its another step to leave mclaren.

So what if Ferrari used team orders? Every other team does. Renault canada and china (from memory) last year, mclaren yonks ago with Mika and DC, williams with Ralfie and monty. In every team one driver has more bad luck than the other. Baz had more bad luck than Michael, sorta like Fisi and Nando last season.

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
JPM doesn't deserve to be in the same team as Kimi. Kimi is heads and shoulders above JPM, all JPM is, is an erractic drug smuggling Colombian. Sure, JPM might have his good days - a few races in Brazil, Monza, but other than that, he simply doesn't have it. Back to champ car for him.

Kimi might not have made any decisions, but everytime that merc engine blows up, hes gotta be thinking, what the hell am I doing here? Everytime it blows up, its another step to leave mclaren.

So what if Ferrari used team orders? Every other team does. Renault canada and china (from memory) last year, mclaren yonks ago with Mika and DC, williams with Ralfie and monty. In every team one driver has more bad luck than the other. Baz had more bad luck than Michael, sorta like Fisi and Nando last season.
JPM is a good driver, he justs needs the car to do it, as i said Mclaren paid alot of(maybe too much) attention to Kimi. His performance was really good for Car 2. Lack of teamwork and attention screwed him up. Look at all the drivshaft failures and other mechanical failure types he had when leading races.(i swear there would've been so many 1-2 finishes if one or both cars did not fail.)
Do you really think most of the failures were due to the Merc engine? Look how many times Montoya finished races compared to Kimi when talking about engine failures.. He even had the number TWO priority engine in the team. Kimi simply over revs it, its a known fact. He is a machine, he does not stop pushing.

In ferrari the strategy was similar every year. Get the car up on front rows. Barichello stays in P2, slow the opposition down, while Michael flies away. It's been like that with Eddie Irvine too (except when MS was injured. hehehe)

Renault did Canada and China because Alonso was obviously a contendor for the championship whereas Fisicehlla had no chance. I'm saying Ferrari have always had a preference for MS whether it's during the season, before or after.

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC

bizadfar said:
He even had the number TWO priority engine in the team. Kimi simply over revs it, its a known fact. He is a machine, he does not stop pushing.
I don't think any teams would have different engines for each member, they all come from the same shop...

bizadfar

HSC

redslert said:
I don't think any teams would have different engines for each member, they all come from the same shop...
That's not true. From Ferrari:
MS gets the No. 1 engine
Massa gets the 2nd engine
Then red bull drivers get 3rd and 4th. It does make a difference. It's a not a mass production line like what you every day.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Each driver in each team gets essentially the same engine. The difference in is how it is applied and positioned in the car and tuned accordingly. Massa and Schumi will get the same engine, but may ask for different settings to better suit their driving. These altered settings are usually minute in detail.

In terms of different teams with the same engines, again the same, depending on the deal. For example, last year, Sauber and Ferrari had EXACTLY the same engine, but it's application to the chassis is the most critical.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Like everyone else said, the engines are exactly the same, but it comes down to driving styles, which is why in 2004 Sato had a billion engine blow ups to compared button, because of their driving styles.

Like Ferrari / Sauber, this year Ferrari and Red Bull will use the exact same engines, however, Michael, Massa, DC and Klien all drive differently, some drivers like Michael can get the maximum out of an engine, while others just drive in cruise control - like nando.

Meh - you ferrari haters are all the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)