• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Argo is spot on about that :uhhuh:

There was talk of freezing the engines for 5 years, instead of the 3 years originally thought. But these rules are plain stupid, and I hope all the present teams and future teams can see that. Especially the banning of tyre warmers.
If the rules do go ahead, I'm switching F1 off in 2008, I don't want to see one team (cough Renault cough) winning 20 GPs a year because they have the most reliable engine.

And Bernie is thinking of having ANOTHER race in Asia. That makes it, how many now? Japan, Fuji, Malaysia, China, Bahrain .... now hes thinking of a monaco style circuit in Singapore! One monaco style is enough, just get rid of Hungary, thats all I ask :)

And all you Zsolt Baumgartner fans, the kid was back in Australia yesterday, doing hotlaps for competition winners for minardi. And Stoddart is looking to get back in the championship in 2008.

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Argo is spot on about that :uhhuh:

There was talk of freezing the engines for 5 years, instead of the 3 years originally thought. But these rules are plain stupid, and I hope all the present teams and future teams can see that. Especially the banning of tyre warmers.
If the rules do go ahead, I'm switching F1 off in 2008, I don't want to see one team (cough Renault cough) winning 20 GPs a year because they have the most reliable engine.

And Bernie is thinking of having ANOTHER race in Asia. That makes it, how many now? Japan, Fuji, Malaysia, China, Bahrain .... now hes thinking of a monaco style circuit in Singapore! One monaco style is enough, just get rid of Hungary, thats all I ask :)

And all you Zsolt Baumgartner fans, the kid was back in Australia yesterday, doing hotlaps for competition winners for minardi. And Stoddart is looking to get back in the championship in 2008.

Stoddart doesn't have the $$$ to compete.
Unless something major changed with his financial situation and abilities.

Also how dare they take Japan GP away from Suzuka. The track has everything.
China is a sack of shit track lol

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Well Stoddart does have the funds if the FIA are determined to cut costs in F1. After OzJet failed, he doesn't really have anything. He was only in F1 to harass Max and Bernie, and occassionally brought good drivers into the game.

Japan had everything, but some people say it doesn't suit F1 because the track isn't wide enough, from memory it was 15m wide? I don't think that there is a single driver out there who hates racing at Suzuka.
I'm for new tracks, as long as great tracks like Monza, San Marino, Belgium, Silverstone etc aren't removed. Asia is getting pretty full with proposed F1 races, its time for Bernie to look elsewhere, and hire a different designer as well.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Stoddart was there to whinge, bitch and complain about ever single detail relating or not relating to F1.

A new rule, corruently being thought by Bernie: Reduce testing to 6 days, instead have 4 hour track session on Fridays. If that happens, they'll definately need to change the engine rules.

And boys, I introduce you to the next big thing in motorsport, Sebastian Stahl:
http://www.sportscar.de/konradmotorsport/team/pic/sebastian.jpg

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Well Stoddart does have the funds if the FIA are determined to cut costs in F1. After OzJet failed, he doesn't really have anything. He was only in F1 to harass Max and Bernie, and occassionally brought good drivers into the game.

Japan had everything, but some people say it doesn't suit F1 because the track isn't wide enough, from memory it was 15m wide? I don't think that there is a single driver out there who hates racing at Suzuka.
I'm for new tracks, as long as great tracks like Monza, San Marino, Belgium, Silverstone etc aren't removed. Asia is getting pretty full with proposed F1 races, its time for Bernie to look elsewhere, and hire a different designer as well.
I like those tracks too, but you got to have Nurburgring on that list of greats.

hehe maybe a 15-20 lap nordschleife race. Or maybe that's onyl suitable for Production/touring cars.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Qualifying is on April Fools day, wonder what they'll pull this year.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

omg that stahl guy looks like ralf's twin brother

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Grizzly said:
omg that stahl guy looks like ralf's twin brother
Oh, your good Joshy boy. Your sort of right. Hes Rolf Schumacher's son from his second marriage. Which means hes the step brother of Michael and Ralf.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
"And in breaking news, Michael and Ralf Schumacher have been declared the greatest two drivers in the world!"
Argo dear, no pulling ANY April fools jokes. I'm serious. I fell for the Michael Schumacher retiring mid-season last year, which was posted on the internet.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argo, your a bastard. And not funny in the slightest.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Well, that was a disapointing day :(
And not because Ferrari qualified 10th and 14th.

Ide should get out of F1 though, he can't drive for shit - especially qualifying session 1.

I wonder if channel 10 realise that there are more teams in F1 other than Williams and Honda. I seriously didn't see much of mclaren until late in qualifying - I'm not their biggest fan - but still, and no ferraris either? Very little driver interviews? Just the same old people over and over again.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC

Cape said:
Well, that was a disapointing day :(
And not because Ferrari qualified 10th and 14th.

Ide should get out of F1 though, he can't drive for shit - especially qualifying session 1.

I wonder if channel 10 realise that there are more teams in F1 other than Williams and Honda. I seriously didn't see much of mclaren until late in qualifying - I'm not their biggest fan - but still, and no ferraris either? Very little driver interviews? Just the same old people over and over again.
Leave Ide alone, his a newbie....

The television feed isn't done by channel Ten, it's done by ITV which is why it's not widescreen and all over the place.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I reckon that I should get a drive in the celebrity race, and Ferrari will see me dominate, and they hire me to replace Michael Schumacher, whenever he retires. Then they will continue winning numerous championships :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

um ... I never thought of that. Once I figure it out, I'll let you know.

About time channel 10 put Michael on playing rugby. Only waited for like 4 days!

Hope Button or the Renaults don't win today. Hopefully Mclaren and Ferrari can both pull something out.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

It was on Friday. And yes, I got up at an ungodly hour and watched it / taped it.

HSC

Wow .... what a G.P so far! :eek:

Big crashes, poor old Mark's car failing on him again, I just realised that Gil De Ferran is still involved in motor sport and the Toro Rosos actually putting in a decent performance.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

It was a good race, until that last corner! Gah!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't believe it. With the pace Michael was on, he could have got a podium.

*Stomps off to room and cries*

Michael will so quit at the end of this season if it stays like this.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
No chance in hell. Sure, Button and Montoya dropped out and that would have made him 6th, but he still would have had to go through Villeneuve, Fisichella, Heidfeld and Ralf to make the podium. He might have had a chance, but the Ferrari is lacking again this year.
Your wrong. At the time he was on Buttons rear wing (almost), and Ralfie was only like 6 seconds up the road. Everyone still had one pit stop left.
Although, I did find it funny that Michael went to the toyota garage :p

The F248, isn't lacking in terms of speed. They are just having bad luck. Believe it or not, Ferrari have the fastest speed through the speed traps.

Argonaut said:
And good riddance to him. Sure, I respect the man for being a sportstar, but that don't mean I have to like him. He's the worst thing that ever happened to the sport, single-handedly making things boring.
And what Nando is doing now isn't damaging the sport? Nando is much more arrogant than what Michael is/was.

btw - those people playing the F1 game thingo. Guess who had a shocking weekend. Moi! None of my drivers even finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)