• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (4 Viewers)

richz

re: The Official F1 Thread

michael's too old he shud retire now.

Webber had a good weekend until a mechanical failure, at least he led the race :p, it was looking like he was on a 1 stopper. argh..... he wudve had a podium finish.

Also does anyone else hate alonso, i just hate the way he celebrates, its so poofy, compared to Kimi, his more relaxed and he doesnt get too excited.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

xrtzx said:
Webber had a good weekend until a mechanical failure, at least he led the race :p, it was looking like he was on a 1 stopper. argh..... he wudve had a podium finish.
He wasn't on a one stopper. Long first stint, plus they saved fuel under the safety cars. Jacques Villeneuve was the only one on a one stopper.

xrtzx said:
Also does anyone else hate alonso, i just hate the way he celebrates, its so poofy, compared to Kimi, his more relaxed and he doesnt get too excited.
I hate Alonso. I really do. To the point that if I was still living in Melbourne, I would have followed him around and given him an almighty punch (well, maybe not), but I would like to.

Anyone notice that Kimi smiled twice today - thats more in one day than the whole of last season.

Argonaut said:
Assuming everyone else raced in precisely the same way with the only difference being Schumacher finishing, he still would have had to deal with Ralf, Fisi, Heidfeld and Button, all who drove stellar races (yes, even Ralf). He would have had to fight for it, and while he would have had a chance, it would be slim at best.
Michael's fastest lap was third fastest, he easily had the measure of them. Plus, Schumacher was towards the back of the two stoppers, only 3 other people pitted after him.

Argonaut said:
He might be arrogant, but it takes a kind of narcissistic self-confidence to propel an F1 around the track. It's to be expected that drivers have a certain degree of arrogance (except everyone's favourite unareodynamic Scotsman; he's actually quite humble). Fernando isn't ruining the sport. He's giving it new life, reviving it after Schumacher's five straight championships. So are all the other drivers now that they can see Ferrari is only human. So he's not ruining it in the least.
Hes just pouncing on peoples bad luck. If the midlands hadn't been their annoying self, after the safety cars, Kimi could have got Nando. Remember when he won the title last year, he only thanked 3 people. What about the team? They were the ones who built him a reliable car! Ferrari aren't human, they are machines.

And why the hell is it 3 weeks until Imola? 3 WHOLE weeks without motorsport! What the hell am I going to do.

And why wasn't Montoya penalised after his warm up lap mistake? I thought that they weren't allowed to go back to their grid spot if something like that happened.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Nando isn't the best driver in the field. Renault have illegal lanch control (well, different weight distribution to other teams) so he always gets good starts and then he just dilly dallys up the front. If Nando was forced to start towards the back of the grid, he would not be able to do what Kimi, Michael, Massa and JV have done in the first 3 gps this season. And don't say Japan last year.

If championships were won by bad luck, Jenson Button would have won a race by now :D
Couldn't help but laugh at him when his engine blew up a couple of metres from the finish line.

Your obsessed with Zsolt :uhhuh:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

i feel sorry for button but god damn that was funny... so many accidents... but i bet monaco will cause more this year... wait for the 10 car qualifying lol... itll be GREAT... everyones gonna crash

heidfeld should get 2 positions... they cheated him and the stewards should look into it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Button could have got over the finish line, but because he didn't finish he can change engines for Imola. Something sneaky at Honda?

BMW Sauber are not going to see the race stewards about Ralfie overtaking under yellow. BMW Sauber had a fantastic day!

Speed looses his point, for overtaking under yellow and $5000 for abusing Coulthard in the stewards hearing. So 8th place now goes to Coulthard.
Sato is also reprimanded for ignoring blue flags.

Anyone notice how Barrichello couldn't overtake Sato? All those years at Ferrari, did the Ferrari just make Barrichello look good?

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

sato is a good driver thats why... he got to 12 at one point...

speed what an idiot... i think heidfeld should look into it...

richz

Cape said:
If championships were won by bad luck, Jenson Button would have won a race by now :D
+ kimi would have won last years championship

Also i believe alonso, is a talent, but a driver can only drive wat he is given. And Renault have an amazingly quick + reliable car so that must also be taken into account.

Cant wait, til Webber gets into that Renault :D, i think Briatore, mite lure him away from williams.

also BMW's engines funnily enough are up to speed this year. Darn they r one year late

Orange Juice said:
sato is a good driver thats why... he got to 12 at one point...

speed what an idiot... i think heidfeld should look into it...
but his dangerous

richz

Cape said:
Michael's fastest lap was third fastest, he easily had the measure of them. Plus, Schumacher was towards the back of the two stoppers, only 3 other people pitted after him.
Yes, that mite be true, but he was really struggling to control the car. He had so many lock ups and he went off the track. He was really pushing the car to the limit, and sooner or later an accident wudve happened and so it did.

Also i was a bit baffled with the montoya incident.

Also JBs race was a tragedy, he failed to capitilise on his pole, i guess it was becuz of the light fuel load, but it seemed to me his car wasnt behaving how he wanted compared to saturday. but we also must take into his clip with montoya but still how can a car with such speed on sat show no speed on sunday, were there any change in weather conditions?

But that final corner incident was a magnificent site, it was like one of those drag cars.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

their blaming it on tires... my arse...

sato maybe a lil crazy when driving but you gotta admit he makes things interesting... i mean with all the crashes today surely you think its better than a race without any.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

im gonna reiterate what i said about aguri (more so sato) when their new car package or whatever comes WATCH OUT!

are they getting a new car or just aero?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I dunno if Webber will go to Renault. I think that Flavio (if hes still around) wants Kov and Fisi. Webber sorta seems at home with Williams and Nico is giving him a run for his money.

Everyone was struggling with getting warmth into their tyres. Which would explain the number of lock ups everyone was having. Even Nando, I thought that he wasn't going to make it through the first corner.

Oh, and once again the Argo grills me! You never grill what OJ says, or whatever anyone else says!

I say renault have illegal launch control because I'm a ferrari fan, its the way the world works.

Remember when the first engine rule came in about lasting for 2 races? Honda retired both their cars on the final lap so they could have a new engine. Jenson could have got it over the finish line. Atleast we didn't have ITV commentary, we know how much they love Button.

The mclaren chrome is really starting to grow on me, its quite sexy actually. And I get the mclarens and MF1's confused as well.

Liuzzi had a v10 advantage! Plus, Schumi realised no point fighting and loosing the front wing of the car. How ironic. Someone plus a move on the Schumeister and hes automatically a good driver in your books? Schumi had a shit pair of tyres for his first set, his second set was much better. Hence, the third fastest lap time.

OJ - Super Aguri will not have a new car by Imola, it will be aero upgrades.
Saying that. HUGE ferrari upgrades for Imola.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Don't give me that bull. They do have an advantage. They could easily run 3 or 4 gps with that engine at the full revs that its allowed to go, while the v8s are lucky to last 2, and we saw Nando in the last few laps conversing his engine.

STR shouldn't be allowed to use the restricted V10. That was designed for teams in financial difficulty, minardi, there is no way in hell that STR are in financial difficulty. Wouldn't surprise me if they had the budget of one of the bigger teams.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Financial difficulty was ONE of the reasons why minardi were allowed to run the restricted V10 engine this year. Stoddy couldn't have invested that much money into designing and building a V8 engine.

And Ferrari weren't cheating, how many times do i have to say, there are grey areas in the rules, Ferrari tried something new, and other teams complained.
Renaults wings were moving heaps during Australia, lets DQS them :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

When they made the rules for 2006, how were the FIA to know Stoddy would not be competing this year? They didn't.
Your starting to piss me off.

On the first of April there were rumours around that Red Bull bought the FIA. And no, I didn't fall for that one, I fell for the Barichello one instead :p

Its time to go .........
Mr E!

Oh, and while we are on the topic of STR and Ferrari, you know why Liuzzi overtook Schumacher so easily? Schumacher's revs were down and he was on old spec hard compound bridgestones, while Liuzzi was on full revs, with michelins being about 0.4 seconds quicker than bridgestone.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
Oh hang on a sec ... I seem to recall a few other also-rans that ruling could have applied to. Like Jordan. ANd Super Aguri.
Jordan were sold to midland before the 2006 rules were confirmed, plus they already had a toyota deal for engines.
Super Aguri, no one saw honda creating a team just to keep Sato in F1, and hiring a no hope Japanese driver to make Sato look good.

Argonaut said:
Why can't you just accept everything I say as gospel?
Why should I believe a word you say? Your always sarcastic and you don't like Schumacher.

Argonaut said:
Y'know, I could have sworn this German guy in a red car was the World Champion seven times. Must have mixed him up with the guy Liuzzi passed because winning seven World Championships implies he would have been able to fight the STR off ...
Not even Montoya or Kimi could have held Liuzzi off when they are on a wrong set of tyres with absouletly no heat in them and decreased engine revs.

bizadfar

HSC

Argonaut said:
Assuming everyone else raced in precisely the same way with the only difference being Schumacher finishing, he still would have had to deal with Ralf, Fisi, Heidfeld and Button, all who drove stellar races (yes, even Ralf). He would have had to fight for it, and while he would have had a chance, it would be slim at best.He might be arrogant, but it takes a kind of narcissistic self-confidence to propel an F1 around the track. It's to be expected that drivers have a certain degree of arrogance (except everyone's favourite unareodynamic Scotsman; he's actually quite humble). Fernando isn't ruining the sport. He's giving it new life, reviving it after Schumacher's five straight championships. So are all the other drivers now that they can see Ferrari is only human. So he's not ruining it in the least.
Michelin revived it

Cape, stop babling on about about illegal mclaren wing, illegal renault car. Your such a ferrari boy, and i hate total ferrari boys.

By argo:" Anyone notice how Barrichello couldn't overtake Sato? All those years at Ferrari, did the Ferrari just make Barrichello look good?"

What do you think i've been saying about ferrari since like 5-6 years back lol, finally someone realises. Ferrari is what made Michael Schumacher champion too. I always use to say to people. Look at Rubens when he was with BAR and others, he was total crap. As sonn as he joins ferrari, his up there near the top.

Also Scott Speed is a dickhead. If that guy gets a top 5 results i guarantee you, he will be the most arrogant pindick in the whole field.
If championships were won by bad luck, kimi would've got 2003 and 2005. ALso JPM could've got 2003 just as easily as kimi.

Cape, the problem is the tire war. last year, michael got fastest lap on imola 2005. The problem the pattern of tire war is vastly different. Bridgstone is still marginally behind michelin. The car is good, just tires i bet.

An explanation for lockups is the bumps in the STREET circuit.

Come on guys, mclaren and MF1 is easy to make out, look at their nose, and the rear wing, looks easily different.

"Liuzzi had a v10 advantage!" Stop acting sisi, everyone who says this is stupid. It's got air restrcitions (like dodge vipers do in europe) and rev limited to about 16k!!!!!!! SHOOSH!

Super Agrui already have their own aero, all they are waiting for is the CHASIS to be replaced, as they are using arrows 2002 CHASIS not really the same aero!!!!

Look the ferrari boy/girl goes at it again. Stop shitting on about how good your team are, they have done many things in the past that they were lucky to get away with. They are like the most suspect team. And the wing does FLEX, maybe you should watch the replay....

Oh and cape, lets go back a bit: Mika vs Michael. MIKA RULES!!!!!!!!!! I bet you'd be pissed off going on about mika bla bla bla, hahaha "real men, don't cry"

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

bizadfar said:
Your such a ferrari boy, and i hate total ferrari boys.
Most insulting thing ever!!!

On another note, congrats to DC for scoring 500 points in his career :)

bizadfar

HSC

Michael Gascoyne first says his leaving from Toyota, but Toyota says they suspended him?

What the hell is going on?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Tension between Cologne and Japan?

Dunno if he left or he was suspended. But apparently there is major re-shuffling going on at Toyota.

As a result of their lack of performance? People say money makes the world go around in F1, with Toyotas budget, they definately should have been race winners by now, and consistent and possibily threatening to take the WCC title.

Toyota have been very disapointing this year - Ralfie got on the podium by luck last weekend, not based on pure speed. If those people infront of him didn't all crash and didn't have various problems, toyota would be on 0 points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)