The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Alonso is a cheat! Investigate! Investigate that criminal I say!

Oh poor Lewis Hamilton. :(

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC

Didn't look like there was much in it.

Alonso didn't stop all of a sudden or slow down. Hamilton maybe thought he had more room than he did?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
Alonso is a cheat! Investigate! Investigate that criminal I say!

Oh poor Lewis Hamilton. :(
Renault released their telemetry data: Alonso was all but at full throttle at the time of the collision, and had remained so both before and after. In other words, Hamilton fucked up. The collision was a result of driver error on Hamilton's part; whoever raised the allegations of a brake check was probably trying to cover up the face that Hamilton just made a dumb-arsed rookie mistake.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
Renault released their telemetry data: Alonso was all but at full throttle at the time of the collision, and had remained so both before and after. In other words, Hamilton fucked up. The collision was a result of driver error on Hamilton's part; whoever raised the allegations of a brake check was probably trying to cover up the face that Hamilton just made a dumb-arsed rookie mistake.
It was the idiots on ITV, in particular Martin who as soon as it happened jumped onto the Alonso brake tested Hammy theory with no proof. But hey, we all know that the ITV crew wants to have Lewis's babies anyway :rolleyes: Apparently on their review show on Monday, they came out and said Renault lied about the telemetry :rolleyes:

The fact is Lewis is like Massa, brilliant in clear air up the front, but as soon as he is back in the pack, he struggles like no tomorrow. Mclaren are missing Alonso, whether they want to admit it or not, either that or they need to steal some more Ferrari data :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

lies! all lies!

Oi waht's the deal with Alonso though? World champ one year, not going so great now despite being on the same team?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
lies! all lies!

Oi waht's the deal with Alonso though? World champ one year, not going so great now despite being on the same team?
Renault were one of the two teams last year who went backwards (the other being Honda). There's usually always one team who develops a car that is abysmally slow: last year it was Honda and Renault, the year before was Williams, before that Ferrari ... pretty much every team has had a car that is an absolute dog to drive. This year it's very much looking like Renault's turn in the limelight again; the usual suspects of Honda and Toyota are doing quie well for themselves.

There's a whole host of reasons why a car is poor. Sometimes it's just a bad design, like the Renaults. Other times, it's bad management, like the Powers That Be at Honda replacing the talented Geoff Willis with Sheui Nakamoto. In 2006, Williams had trouble because their Cosworth powerplants were atrocious. And other times, you take what feels like two steps forwards, but everyone else gets ahead of you by leaps and bounds.

Alonso might be a double World Champion, but that's only the case when he has the right hardware. If he can control a race from the start, he's excellent; tactically, he's got few equals in the field. But if he has a poor car like the 2008 challenger, he gets rather hot-headed and emotional and loses focus.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

atleast webber didn't break down.

ledzeppelin

HSC

Finally got around to watching to 2006 Brazilian Grand Prix the other day :eek:
I miss Schumi :( Loved his pass on Raikkonen at the end

el gwapo

HSC

Cape said:
The fact is Lewis is like Massa, brilliant in clear air up the front, but as soon as he is back in the pack, he struggles like no tomorrow. Mclaren are missing Alonso, whether they want to admit it or not, either that or they need to steal some more Ferrari data :p
You either flatter Massa or dislike Hamilton. I clearly remember Nurburgring 2007, a pretty good run from the back by Hamilton after that run off in turn one. But having said that he hasn't had many chance to clear the pack with a good car. Speaking of run-offs how embarrassing was Massa's spin in Malaysia. :eek:

Anyway Ferrari are looking ominous, that's true - at least where it's not too hot. Mclaren have placed a lot of confidence in two new-ish drivers. If the status quo stays Kimi will romp with the title.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKbQQA_8BnE

I was just watching this video of the 1998 Belgian Grand Prix (great video), and I noticed that when Schumacher got out of his car when it was in the garage, they appeared to be closing the garage door immediately. Is for secrecy, on the part of each team?

Muz4PM

HSC

I can't help with the question, but wow, that was one fucking huge mess up.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC

To keep photographers and whatnot out also I'd imagine.

I noticed also at the Australia GP, when a wrecked car would come back through the pitlane on the back of a truck, the team would rush and put a cover over it. Maybe so other teams can't see parts of their cars? To keep sponsors happy, that they arn't being advertised on a wreck?

Not really 100% sure.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I was just thinking that since McLaren was in trouble last year for stealing Ferrari's blueprints or whatever the hell they did, that there'd be some risk in leaving a stationary car out in the open for all to examine (and steal ideas from). It's much harder to examine a car going 300kph than one that's stationary.

I can't wait for the race at Spa this year. ObjectsInSpace, wiki, and youtube videos have completely hyped me up for it. :D

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC

There are people who wander around on the grid and look at other cars. I'd imagine you are right, not so much the outside of the cars, but once a bit is damaged or torn off, they like to keep whats going on inside a secret.

el gwapo

HSC

Spa is going to be an amazing race. Throw in some classic Belgian weather with the traction-control less cars it has the potential to be a classic.

But on the short-term, I think Spain will be the real indicator as to the pace of every team - especially Mclaren. They look especially crap with BMW being consistent. Of course another Ferrari 1-2 and there goes the title, or at least it'll be hard to achieve. I'm wondering whether Ferrari's engine problems in Melbourne will pop up again in hot conditions.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

While Ferrari's problems may re-emerge, Catalunya won't prouce a remarkably hot race. It gets used a lot for winter testing because circuits like Spa often get snowed out, and those like Silverstone get innundated with water. Besides, statistically, Catalunya has produced the most wet races of any circuit on the calendar.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Oh yay, Spain! Ranks right up there with Hungary. Although they are saying it is going to rain Saturday and Sunday, they always say that and it never happens. Why they have to race at a track where they have tested less than a week before hand is beyond me ... *yawns*

btw ... Ferrari's engines have now done Malaysia and Bahrain; apparently it was a broken valve or something like that, which has been fixed since the week gap between Australia and Malaysia :)

el gwapo

HSC

Also from the top of my head - the dominant race car usually wins by a long mile here in recent years.

Anyway I decided to quickly log onto BOS and post this up here
http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorspo...e-alonso-a-lift/2008/04/23/1208743041025.html

Looks like Alonso's Ferrari hopes are dashed - and mostly through his own volition. The prima donna act in Mclaren didn't improve his standing, he lost the championship, got beat by a rookie then whined about it then tried to look around for 1 year deals in hoping that he would be able to sleep with Ferrari in 2009.

The Telegraph really twists the knife with their brand of journalism. Just read the link. They're basically saying "What an idiot thinking he was the sure candidate to drive Ferrari in 2009" - this whilst wearing a Lewis Hamilton cap.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Wow, I've been way out of touch with the world of F1, probably because I've been following Danica Patrick's victory in Indycar. It's awesome that she's won, and that she's managed to go against the trend makes me a fan of hers, but for her sake I hope she can do it again. A female racing driver with a lone win to her name won't sit as well as a female racing driver with no victories.

Now if only Milka Duno could hurry up a bit and prove critics of female racing drivrs wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)