The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

o i c

i thought you were one of the many who understandably complains about late night coverage instead of actually playing the races live.

just set your vcr?

Muz4PM

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
o i c

i thought you were one of the many who understandably complains about late night coverage instead of actually playing the races live.

just set your vcr?
Lol, I just squeezed my edit in before you posted, and you didn't see it. However, it is shot, so I can't tape it.

I would love for the races to be shown live, but then replayed at some other time. I recognise it would be difficult for Ten to do such a thing, hence why Foxtel may offer a better medium.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Fuck, forgot that brazil is at such an awkward timezone for us. No wonder qualifying wasn't on last night, I guess I didn't stay up late enough. I think even if he's really light, Massa will win his home grand-prix, it's a question of where Hamilton finishes. This is assuming neither of them crash/have a mechanical problem.

PS: Muz, most of F1 races are live on TenHD and then replayed at approx 11pm on Sunday nights. This is such an awkward time zone though.

edit: Foxtel better fucking not get the rights, I'd be pissed as hell.

Muz4PM

HSC

Riet said:
PS: Muz, most of F1 races are live on TenHD and then replayed at approx 11pm on Sunday nights. This is such an awkward time zone though.
Hey, thanks for the heads up.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

man it'd be so awesome if foxtel got the rights

ten has their new sports channel soon enough so i guess they'll take over coverage when that happens. but i dont have hd. :(

Terlob

HSC

Riet said:
Cheers for that as well.

F2001

HSC

Muz4PM said:
Good to see Massa on pole, now all he has to do is stay at the front. Just a question, Hamilton must finish fifth or better if Massa wins in order to be Champion? Yes?

If that is the case, given where Lewis is, and the car he has, I would find it difficult seeing him place under fifth. However, all it takes is a shocking start from fourth which would see him slip back in the field, and then do something outragously stupid which would cost him the season.

Hopefully him and Hekki can get into some form of mix up and then Heidfeld and Kubica come and take 11 points between them to get BMW second in the constructors championship :D.

Very wishful thinking.

I am annoyed, 3.30am on Ten, I have HSC exams this week, I can't afford to watch it! When does Ten have to bid for the F1 rights again?
Who cares, it's worth it. I don't regret 1 moment watching 06 Brazil @ 5am. (4 before english 2 started).
Muz4PM said:
That assists me how?

The reason why I was asking was if Foxtel obtained the rights, they may offer replays of such races as opposed to them only being screened once.

EDIT: I would tape it, but the tape recorder is bung.
PM'd u

Riet said:
Fuck, forgot that brazil is at such an awkward timezone for us. No wonder qualifying wasn't on last night, I guess I didn't stay up late enough. I think even if he's really light, Massa will win his home grand-prix, it's a question of where Hamilton finishes. This is assuming neither of them crash/have a mechanical problem.

edit: Foxtel better fucking not get the rights, I'd be pissed as hell.
Aye, I'd be pissed if Fox got the rights. I think they already got the tender in the USA for some races.

Nebuchanezzar said:
man it'd be so awesome if foxtel got the rights

ten has their new sports channel soon enough so i guess they'll take over coverage when that happens. but i dont have hd. :(
HD Box.
Even better, HD TV. F1/sports are better than all the other stuff/movies in HD.

As for the race, got to see the weather first.
I think Trulli is light as a feather.
Kimi complained of understeer in Q3 so I don't think Massa is really light. Everyone knows his quick here and he is a great qualifier.
Hamilton obviously hinted a conservative strategy.
Alonso right behind him who said he vowed to help Massa. Turn 1 should be VERY exciting.
If the weather is changable even better.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

it'll be fun to see if alonso whacks into hamilton on purpose, leading to his permanent banishment from F1 :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
it'll be fun to see if alonso whacks into hamilton on purpose, leading to his permanent banishment from F1 :p
At most, he'll get excluded from the championship, but it would basically mean he'd be stuck driving with Renault for the rest of his career. As Trulli, Hamilton and Alonso are all lining up on the same side of the grid, I suppose Alonso could always argue that he got stuck behind the Trulli Train (the man is IMPOSSIBLE to pass) and ended up connecting wth Hamilton, but given his comments about wanting to see Massa win, I don't think many people would believe it if he had a "suspension failure" ...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

if i were running an f1 team i'd want a kamikazi pilot as my lead driver. seems to have worked well for massa.

man i want hamilton to win :(

EDIT: I'm off to bed comrades! I wonder if there'll be any other sad folk logged onto BoS at 4am. :p

Last edited:

F2001

HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
At most, he'll get excluded from the championship, but it would basically mean he'd be stuck driving with Renault for the rest of his career. As Trulli, Hamilton and Alonso are all lining up on the same side of the grid, I suppose Alonso could always argue that he got stuck behind the Trulli Train (the man is IMPOSSIBLE to pass) and ended up connecting wth Hamilton, but given his comments about wanting to see Massa win, I don't think many people would believe it if he had a "suspension failure" ...
Well i think it would be like 1997 yes. Exclusion from the champ, and that's very bad for team funding. The pts he gained will be null which is almost all of Renault's pts anyway lol.
He"ll be able to keep his win count though if that happened(2 for 08).

Keep in mind trulli is yes, hard to pass but mostly on train tracks such as Canada where marble build up is rapid and a problem.

Places like Malaysia, the guy falls asleep at times. I have seen numerous times where he could've easily defended but some other driver just does a text book down the inside move which seems to take Trulli by surprise.

Can't ever forget 2001 Imola. Montoya takes him around the outside into Tamburello :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

That was a great race. Best of the season obviously. Well worth waking up at 3am for. Pretty shitty race from Hamilton's standpoint, and a well deserved victory for Massa who was a class act all the way. Thoughts:

Vettel lost kudos points from me for his pass on Hamilton. His gain was minimal and the devastation for Hamilton would have been massive. Mebbe Vettel wants to be in Ferrari in 2010.

wtf happened to Glock and Trulli? 17 seconds on the last lap? Smells a bit fishy to me. 17 seconds is absurd for a damp track. Channel 7 news is already saying that the Toyota's let Hamilton pass, but I don't think that Sunrise is an authoritative source.

Hamilton drove pretty shitty like, and his team strategy reeked. Had it not been for luck he would have finished far lower, by the looks of things. Missed opportunities everywhere. I noticed Hamilton twitching the wheel every which way throughout the race, skidding about on corners (particular the Senna S) whereas Massa was consisteny throughout.

Poor Coulthard. :(

What the hell was that move meant to be by Bourdais? He should have yielded. Douche.

What happened to Piquet? No-one seems to give a shit.

James Allen stopped commentary at various points. Seemed kinda dull without his input. If you know what I mean.

Indeed. Fun race! I might watch the last laps again later, since I taped it just in case. :)

el gwapo

HSC

GOD DAMN IT THAT WAS FREAKING CRAZY.

I was pulling my hair out in the final corner, when Vettel was surely about to be ahead of Hamilton in the run up the hill to the start-finish line. Quite frankly with everything that has happened this year, Toyota's slowing down with dry tires in the final lap of the race is nothing fishy.

I do agree with neb that Hamilton's strategy wasn't the best one out there - but you have to consider given the changing weather and track conditions the 3 stopper which Massa planned for in quali was the ideal one. Speaking of Massa it's got to be mixed emotions for him - he led his team to the Constructor's, he was an outsider but was a kilometer away from taking the double. He's shown a lot more sportsmanship and 'proper' demeanour than (to use a softer term) sour grapes like Alonso

Now it's 7:12 AM I cannot sleep because of my excitement.

p.s. Hamilton haters can suck it.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

17 seconds in a short lap like Interlagos is pretty damn crazy though, especially considering how the track wasn't even that wet. Maybe it's just conspiracy theorising.

Feel so bad for Massa. The look on his dads face when he worked out exactly what had happened. :(

Massa would have won had it not been for pit stop problems too. I'm torn! Oh well. Bring on 09!

el gwapo

HSC

okay let's put lay down the facts before people get all hyped up about it:

Glock was in 4th place because he didn't pit for inters. Glock slowed down because he was in the 'mickey-mouse' part of the track with absolutely no grip at all which included the ability to throttle it up the hill- apparently the rain got worse in the final lap. I'm not too sure with the exact time - is it really 17 seconds?

At the end of the day I don't really know why Glock would do Hamilton and Mclaren a favor.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Allen said 17. Timing screen says 17 all up for Glock, and 14 for Trulli.

But dry tires just don't function that way in rain. They either aquaplane or they lose grip progressively because of heat loss (that's straight out of the F1 engineering book in my bedroom). Chopping off 17 seconds in what were at most damp conditions is outrageous.

Terlob

HSC

Awesome race!

Both of the Toyota cars lost significant amounts of time, maybe there was something mechanical we dont know yet. Why would Toyota care if Hamilton or Massa wins?

shanks27

HSC

the toyotas lost time as both stayed out on slicks, and the track was too wet and their tyres were shot to bits.
A great race, i am still crushed 4.5 hours later. Despite supporting massa and ferrari i think both the hamiliton as drivers and ferrari as constructors are worthy winners- Bring on 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)