The F1 Thread (3 Viewers)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
..well I didn't know he was your fav.. and youre telling me this at the end of the season :rolleyes: .. I'll highlight him next time.. provided he doesn't SPIN OUT rofl :p

2:45 is ok..

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Have you all read the FIA rule changes yet? I think someone mentioned it..
It's pure evidence that Bernie has gone fucking insane and doesn't give a shit about the sport :mad: ..

Bodywork
Changes to the bodywork (aerodynamics) to raise the front wing, bring the rear wing forward, reduce the diffuser height and cut back the bodywork in front of the rear wheels.

Reason: it is estimated that these changes will result in the loss of 20% or more downforce with minimal loss of drag.

Tyres
One set of tyres must complete qualifying and the race.

Reason: a harder tyre will reduce cornering speeds. :rolleyes:

Engines
Each engine must last for two complete Events

Reason: a two-race engine will give less power than a one-race engine.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I know they are trying to slow the cars down. Do you not think that reducing grip because of these new rules would be more dangerous? The reduction in downforce means that the cars would have more speed on the straights. And I thought the FIA wanted to slow the cars down? F1 is meant to be the fastest motorsport not some fucking el cheapo sport that makes Bernie happy.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Qualifying

1 Barrichello Ferrari F2004 B 1:10.646
2 Montoya Williams FW26 M 1:10.850
3 Raikkonen McLaren MP4-19B M 1:10.892

4 Massa Sauber C23 B 1:10.922<<He's doing really well this weekend
5 Button B.A.R 006 M 1:11.092
6 Sato B.A.R 006 M 1:11.120
7 R Schumacher Williams FW26 M 1:11.131
8 Alonso Renault R24 M 1:11.454
9 Trulli Toyota TF104B M 1:11.483
10 Fisichella Sauber C23 B 1:11.571
11 Webber Jaguar R5 M 1:11.665
12 Coulthard McLaren MP4-19B M 1:11.750
13 Villeneuve Renault R24 M 1:11.836
14 Zonta Toyota TF104B M 1:11.974
15 Klien Jaguar R5 M 1:12.211
16 Heidfeld Jordan EJ14 B 1:12.829
17 Glock Jordan EJ14 B 1:13.502
18 M Schumacher Ferrari F2004 B 1:11.368 (penalty)
19 Baumgartner Minardi PS04B B 1:13.550 Here mofo
20 Bruni Minardi PS04B B no time

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
more importantly... baumgartner is highlighted... we'll work on better results next time :p

has any news come out about next years cars for the top teams yet?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
are you kidding me? least he beat the other minardi guy... i mean... with the kind of shit he gets.... he lucky to just finish the dam race... specially with stupid high rollers crashing into the lad...

maybe i will...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
- Control everything. Tyres, chassis, engine are the big three here. If we keep one single supplier for tyres, no-one will have an advanatge when it comes to grip. If chassis supply is limited everyone has the same car. Engines could come from a manufacturer but subject to regular thorough checks to keep everyone level.

A bit like A1? I know in A1 the cars are all the same etc - but it's good to have diversity among the teams - fair enough there is a huge gap between Ferrari and Minardi. There is also talk of a 3rd tyer supplier Kumho coming into F1 '06/'07.

- Two races. Saturday is a standard race of a set distance, Sunday is a reverse grid.
Wouldn't this add to the costs though?

What else does F1 need (apart from Schumacher's retirement) in order to survive?

The other teams just need to get off their arses.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
funding ... they should excuse the shit teams that get less than x$ from sponsorship... from paying the fees for each race... and make the richer teams pay a lil more...
oh and pay my homie baumgartner a lil more...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
vanbasten said:
Massa 4th. Loving that one.
I know.. imagine if Massa was on the podium for his home race :uhhuh:

Orange Juice said:
are you kidding me? least he beat the other minardi guy... i mean... with the kind of shit he gets.... he lucky to just finish the dam race... specially with stupid high rollers crashing into the lad...
Yeh but Bruni didn't run in quals which is why he is 20th.. and Zolt actually ran the slowest qualifing time :p
Only one high roller> Button + you should move on from that incident

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
eLmo said:
I know.. imagine if Massa was on the podium for his home race :uhhuh:
RB hasnt even finished his home races for like 8years! :p

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
mmm yeh it was on but I wasn't paying attention - I did see Carpantier crash though, and the end of the race under yellow flag + the interview with Besnard

@Grizzly - Ruby deserves a win in Brazil too, but right now I'd like to see Massa up there rather than Ruby ;)

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Yes what a good podium, would have been better with alonso in 3rd, but still great. Monty and Kimi finish off their season nicely. Hopefully they have a good start next year.

Why the hell was Webber trying to take Klein at that corner, he should have waited till that mini straight cause he was easily faster.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Argonaut said:
Well, Monty won it.
You don't sound so thrilled.

I'm so bloody happy, both Juancho and Kimi on the podium :D ..A great last race, even with pit lane racing too!

DC - was dissapointing and Webber was dissapointing.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
WTF? monty??!!? stupid bastard was on crack again...
i was hoping for baumgartner up on the podium... maybe even sato....
and boy im glad button retired!

btw, kimi got fined 10k for the pit inceident with monty.... but monty didnt get fined... (their all scared of the druglord)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
He's not on drugs! ..you should be happy that a Ferrari didn't get the top step.

I think that was the best race all season, I'm still excited and all hyped up (yes it's sad)

Juan didn't get a fine, just Kimi :( .. and Nicky got fined too.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Just when Kimi pulled out and Juan had already finished his pit stop - so they drove down the pit lane side by side. Kimi led out of pit lane, but Juan over took him a few seconds later. It's only because Kimi didn't see Juan coming.
And Nick almost caused an accident in pit lane, just before he retired.

Argonaut I shall try and convert you so that you like Juan - He's great after all!!
One of the Minardi boys will make it on there.

V

vanbasten

I can't believe he pulled it off at Turn Three, around the outside and on cold tyres. Good work by Juan, unlucky for Kimi.

Oh, look what I found......

.........Why can't I post my photos from GP and this AVI clip I filmed of the start. I figure out how to upload my photos and now they don't work. Help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)