The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Okie Dokies some major rules and regulations have come out this week for next season and 2008.

2006 Grand Prix Calendar
March 12 Bahrain
March 19 Malaysia
April 2 Australia
April 23 San Marino
May 7 European GP
May 14 Spain
May 28 Monaco
June 11 Great Britain
June 25 Canada
July 2 United States
July 16 France
July 30 Germany
August 6 Hungary
August 27 Turkey
September 10 Italy
September 17 Belgium
October 1 Japan
October 8 China
October 22 Brazil (Subject to contract approval)
New regulations for the 2006 championship

Tyres
Each driver will be permitted to use seven sets of dry-weather tyres for each event. All tyres used for qualifying and race must be of the same specification. Tyre changes will be permitted at any time during the race.

Qualifying format
All cars are permitted on the track. At the end of the first 15-minute period the slowest five cars can take no further part in qualifying. These cars will make up the last five grid positions in the order of their times, the fastest occupying 16th position.
The times for the fifteen remaining cars are reset for the next session. At the end of the second 15-minute period the slowest five cars can take no further part in qualifying. These cars will make up the grid in positions eleven to fifteen in the order of their times, the fastest occupying 11th position.
The times for the ten remaining cars will be reset for the next session. For the final period, lasting 20 minutes, the cars will be arranged on the grid in positions one to ten in the order of their times, the fastest occupying pole position.
Cars will be under parc ferme conditions from the time they enter the track for the first time during qualifying until the start of the race. Changing tyres and adding fuel will no longer be part of the parc ferme regulations.
Fuel may be added to cars at any time during the first 40 minutes of qualifying and any car eliminated during the first two periods may then be refuelled at any time until the pit lane opens for the race. Teams will be required to fill cars taking part in the final 20-minute period with the amount of fuel with which they intend to start the race. Any fuel used during the 20-minute period may be replaced before the start of the race.
If 22 cars are eligible to take part in the Event, six cars will drop out after each of the fifteen minute periods leaving ten for the final 20 minutes. If twenty four cars are eligible to take part in the Event, six cars will drop out after each of the fifteen minute periods leaving twelve for the final 20 minutes.

New regulations for the 2008 championship
A package of measures were approved for the 2008 Championship. These include the introduction of a Centreline Downwash Generating wing, larger wheels with slick tyres and a single tyre supplier. The package will be brought forward to 2007 if an 80% majority of the Formula One Technical Working Group agree to do so before the end of December 2005.
I rather like the new qualifying system. I wonder if it will work though :rolleyes: As for tyre changes, that means Ferrari will win the championship next season :D

And the new rear wing ... hmm ... its got a big hole in the middle. Don't know if it will help with overtaking, but its going to reduce sponsor space.

vwola

HSC
These new regulations are pretty interesting. I like it. Especially the knock out qualifying format.
And the tyre changes...finally! What ive been waiting for!!! After one long season now the tyre changes return. WOOOOT!

Shame at the timing of the Aust. GP though. I wanted to go but then its during uni >.< Bloody Commonwealth Games. F1 is better!!! (it has actually been proven to be the 2nd or something like that largest/most interest world sporting event, after the soccer world cup, and the f1 is every couple of weeks!! woooot!)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think F1 is the second most watched sport after soccer / football - whatever you people call it :rolleyes: Actually, the Silverstone grand prix clashes with the opening match of the soccer world cup. Why do I think I'm not going to get any sleep then?

The only problem I can think of about the new qualifying is the lack of advertising time the smaller / slower teams like Midland and Toro Rosso (I'm not used to that name yet :p) But it will stop people like Nando and Trulli who qualify with 1 lap of fuel in their car, just to be on pole.

Are engines supposed to last 2 race weekends again, or what?

vwola

HSC
Cape said:
Are engines supposed to last 2 race weekends again, or what?
I think it still is. Which personally, i think is a shame, dammit, i miss those days where it was one engine every race and it was full on thrashing of the engine instead of conserving it for the next GP. But oh well, its good for f1 on the financial side of things and "safety". What the heck? i dont think f1 is too fast atm (maybe thats cos i love the high speed stuff). I remember Coulthard saying something like if he thought f1 was too fast then he'd be sitting back watching it on TV.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
One engine every single race was good. Kimi could have an engine change after first practice, then another one after second practice, another after qualifying, one after the warm up (in the old days) and then he could finish a grand prix!

Who knows how slower these V8 (or v10, 8 cylinder engines if your a poor team) will slow down f1, but with the re-introduction of tyre changing, that will speed things up.

Argo - RBR has done wonders for DC. I think hes become a better driver since he moved there. However, RBR wouldn't have been so lucky if 2 or 3 teams weren't so far off the pace.

vwola

HSC
Cape said:
One engine every single race was good. Kimi could have an engine change after first practice, then another one after second practice, another after qualifying, one after the warm up (in the old days) and then he could finish a grand prix!

hahahah...if only. Then he'd be world champion instead of freaking Nando!!! >.<
Things just never seem to go Kimi's way does it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think Kimi is ready to be a world champion, and I hope that he does become world champion, sooner rather than later. However, its obvious that Mclaren and their mercedes engines aren't ready.

One guy I would love to see in F1 would be Sebastein Bourdais. He would make a great asset for ferrari :D But a frenchie driving a ferrari .... hmm.

A funny article that I read about Jensons views on why women can't drive in F1:
"But in F1 cars," JB explained, "I can't see it happening due to the g-force in fast corners. And one week of the month you wouldn't want to be on the circuit with them, would you? A girl with big boobs would never be comfortable in the car. And the mechanics wouldn't concentrate. Can you imagine strapping her in?"

Britain's 'Sun' newspaper, though, quoted its female 'motoring correspondent' as slamming the BAR driver's sexism.

"Oh grow up," said Emma Parker. "If he spent less time staring at grid girls' breasts he might win more races."
That was so funny, I'm still crying from laughter. I could probably drive better than him :rolleyes:

vwola

HSC
ROFLMAO!!!! hahahaha. Btw, wouldnt those G-Forces compress her boobs...? lol just imagine the lateral g's....end of the race, it' d be on one side.
Anyone can drive better than Button.
And yeah, why dont ya chuck yourself in the F2050 (provided Ferrari will still be there) and see if ya can drive better than him. I bet you can, provided you dont age too much....or are you waiting to replace your beloved Schumacher in two thousand and something...whenever he stops "enjoying" racing

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Obviously the g - forces have got to Button's head, or maybe hes just scared of being beaten by a woman.
I don't think that the g - forces would have a huge impact on a woman, mind you, not every woman has airbags like the pit sluts.

Why am I waiting for 2050 for a drive at ferrari? I'll give them $5 for a drive in 2007 - that should be about when Michael retires (I hope not anyway) that way I can beat all the arrogant jerks who are currently in the field, starting with Nando and Button :)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
There's been women in F1 before. Giovanna Amati I think was the last to race and she was shithouse. Some chick tested a McLaren in 2002 but I forgot her name.

Your chances are good Cape. Just look at Danica Patrick - she's pretty hot too. Well, I'd hit it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
So being good looking gets you into f1, hey. Well, Ive definately got a career in F1 then :D

Griz, I think your right! Your shouting though :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oooh, your back in aus now?

Summary: Michael will be cutting his tradition Norway skiing holiday, to return to the track before christmas. Massa tested the V8 yesterday, lapped 3 seconds slower than the F2004. Bazza went for one final fling around in a 3 seater ferrari and now hes pissed off to BAR.

Williams are looking for a cheap driver to replace Heidfeld. Pizzonia is supposedly off to America to race in IRL.

Williams might break the gentlemens testing agreement over the christmas break.

Both Rubens and Button think that they can be world champions next year :rolleyes:

Fretzen had a massive crash, and was sent to hospital.

New rules and regs for next season, see an above post.

5 drivers confirmed for a test at Toro Rosso.

Is that enough of an update for you OJ? I miss F1 :(

johnny_87

HSC
Toro Rosso = Minardi. They've been bought by Red Bull Racing and will effectively be the Red Bull Junior team.

Likely drivers - Liuzzi and Scott Speed/Neel Jani

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Toro Rosso is the second red bull team, formally known as Minardi.

Sato, rumours saying hes got a drive for midland (formally jordan, where he did have his debut), however, midland want paying drivers, Sato is sponsored by Honda, but Midland use Toyota engines - could be a clash.

Am I your F1 encyclopedia? Haven't you heard of F1 websites?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i dont have my bookmarks here... not my computer...
what happened to the name rbr america?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Google???

rbr america? ah, obviously they didn't want two teams with red bull as their title name. Or the FIA wouldn't approve the rbr america name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)