The F1 Thread (17 Viewers)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
vanbasten said:
UNBELIEVABLE. Button went to Williams. That dirty little scoundrel. David Richards spent all season praising him. Saying he is central to the team, blah blah blah. BAR were looking better than Williams anyway.

I always knew he was a bastard. Ever since he alomost reversed over me at the 2003 GP in his Honda Legend. (true story)
:eek: :eek: .. He wasn't even on the list of hopefulls (my list)!! :mad: ..damn him!!

Were you being annoying?..as to make him reverse over you? rofl :p

V

vanbasten

No, I'm not annoying, am I?

He was coming out of the drivers entrance and wanted to execute a three point turn. When he was reversing i had my back faced to the car and when i turned around i saw and jumped out the way. When I saw who was driving I was like "Jenson Button" and nodding my head dangerously. Very Dangerously.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm glad that button got a drive again at williams ... bar honda could get him to second on the podium ... like they have done this yr ... but they aren't really a front running team.

V

vanbasten

Neither are Williams, at the moment. The only threat to Ferrari is BAR or Renault. I sure hope Williams improve for the sake of Webber, not Button.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Williams have traditionally been a strong team ... but this year all they did was take a radical approach in order to beat ferrari ... and it didn't work.

You gotta admitt they were pretty strong in canada until they were disqualified.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
you can nod your head dangerously? impressive :p

I like Jenson (sometimes) .. he just talks crap alot thats all :rolleyes:..
My bet was that Taku would win before Jenson does.. mmm imagine Taku winning in a BAR with Jenson at Williams ...mwahaha I like it

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
g'day all
and geez williams have an ugly car ... that claw front wing is ugly, why is it so different from the others, obviously aero but aint doing much ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't like Taku ... i don't know why ... theres just something about him i don't like ... probably cause he can't drive.

V

vanbasten

....I LOVE it. And yes, I am an extremely dangerous nodder of the head.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
RUB!X said:
g'day all
and geez williams have an ugly car ... that claw front wing is ugly, why is it so different from the others, obviously aero but aint doing much ...

It looks like a wallus!!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
welcome back (again) Rubix :p

Taku can drive.. so he's had some crappy luck thats all .. and he's a bit agressive .. but he's excellent at overtaking ;)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol ... webber to challenge nxt yr!!!
poor trulli ...
what u guys and GIRLS think of new changes?
thx eLmo ... :)

V

vanbasten

Rubix, the "walrus" nose cone really doesnt provide any aero advantage. Patrick Head even said so itself. I think it was more of a publicity stunt than anything. Ultimately, it wasn't radical in how it may improve performance, it was just radical in that it changed the aesthetics of an F1 car. Williams will change it though.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
He can't drive ... that overtaking manouver he tried on barrichello i can't remember where ... he was never gonna make it ... one of them was gonna loose their nose. And his driving is aggressive ... hence why the honda engine always blows up on his car and not buttons!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol ... yes taku is a bit wild at times but the sport needs more takus and less kleins ... in other wrds more agressiveness and less stupidity

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I want qualifying to be changed ... its too boring the way it is now. Ross Brawn said the other day that overtaking doesn't happen cause the fast cars are at the front and the slow cars are at the back ... anyway, i liked the old system better.

V

vanbasten

As for Taku, he is an undoubtedly excellent driver. Can you imagine he started karting at 19! Whereas most drivers have been karting since 3 or 4 years old. Taku is a very exciting driver, but he has to revise his style. The key reason behind his reliability problems was his aggresiveness. His aggressive throttle/brake application put too much strain on the the car, particularly the gearbox, transmission and engine. He will need to amend this slightly, but he is certainly one of the "ballsiest" drivers out there.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
ok.. to me Taku can drive..

Klein causes too many "incidents" :rolleyes: ..he should have started off as a test driver

..Yep the old system was better- The only way overtaking happens now is if a theres a penalty start for one of the faster cars

V

vanbasten

I like this system, it mixes things up. The only thing they should change is to allow refuelling before the race. This would mean we would get good action in qualifying.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
RUB!X said:
Williams take off the tusk for Hungary :) hopefully it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)