The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

Good to see Redknapp facing the rule of law.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Theres an untapped market in western sydney, which is the footballing heartland of Australia. Western Sydney had 4 NSL clubs who all averaged close 10,000 fans a game and its clear that those fans are not interested in the a-league. The fans in western sydney have all but given up on the a-league. Sydney rovers (who were to play at parramatta stadium) were meant to start this year but due to the loss of a major financial backer did not happen.

A west sydney club would provide a city rivalry and will bring inactive supporters of the NSL as well as the footballing community of western sydney out.
But each of those 10,000 averages were on effnic lines

how are you going to get them to support a plastic "new dawn" franchise?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Not sure if this was posted eons ago but I only came across this today.

[youtube]ylf2YS1Qk84[/youtube]

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Pleased to see Senegal knocked out of the ACON this early. Means new signing Cisse and Ba will back sooner than expected. Hopefully seeing the back of Shola for some time to come.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Above Arsenal and Liverpool? 3 points from Chelsea?

Feels good man.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Haha looks like jt is once again stripped of the england captaincy. Typical FA giving in to all the media pressure. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

Oh nice! Finally a football thread haha I was looking for this.

Did anyone watch or go to Sydney FC v.s. Newcastle United?

I thought the stadium was packed when I first saw the match on tv only to realise that they were empty sky blue seats lol.

The FFA really need to start spending some dough and promote the game as well as revamp the current system.

Maybe a more SPL style would suit since we have a smaller population than other close footballing nations such as Japan, China, Korea etc?

I feel like the A-League has gone waywards since the NSL era. :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

What's an SPL style?

I'd love to go to Sydney FC games but I'm a thrifty uni student, plus it's almost the same distance to UNSW. And 90 minute commutes per way... not my cup of tea, especially for night games that finish at like 10:30 or something.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

What's an SPL style?

I'd love to go to Sydney FC games but I'm a thrifty uni student, plus it's almost the same distance to UNSW. And 90 minute commutes per way... not my cup of tea, especially for night games that finish at like 10:30 or something.
The Scottish Premier League.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia don't worry I double checked to see if it was valid. :)

A season, which runs from July until May, is divided into two phases. During the first phase, each club plays three games against every other team, either once at home and twice away or vice-versa. After this first phase of matches, by which time all clubs will have played 33 games, the league splits into a 'top six' and a 'bottom six'. Each club then plays a further five matches against the other five teams in their own section. Points achieved during the first phase of 33 matches are carried forward to the second phase, but the teams will compete only within their own sections during the second phase. After the first phase has been completed, clubs cannot move out of their own section in the league, even if they achieve more or fewer points than a higher or lower ranked team, respectively.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Wow, didn't know they did that.

I knew what SPL was... didn't know that they split up the teams.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

it was a decent 10k at the game last weekend. must say, sydney fc's style of football isn't really entertaining and players like cazarine and bridge are hopeless.

did anyone see what melbourne heart did last saturday. they gave out 500 free tickets and shirts to asian students at la trobe university and they filled up an entire bay.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

sydney's performances are getting embarrassing now, a 5-2 loss to jets, wut even

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Would love Redknapp to get the England job.

It's nice to know that he will only be featured in the media once an occasional England game comes around.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

the england managerial position has got to be the worst job in football at the moment. it's career suicide.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

the england managerial position has got to be the worst job in football at the moment. it's career suicide.
I think you misspelt chelsea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)