The free market (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
the system in place is the best system we have, can't really argue too much. i mean unless you all want to get into the tax debate again but derp that.

boris

Banned
HSC
there needs to be an end to corporate sponsorship in politics imo i reckon

Garygaz

HSC
yeh i'd be interested to see what he'd be advocating today if he was still alive. i.e. the fact that the free-market essentially bubbled the real-estate market and fucked everyone over.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
yeh i'd be interested to see what he'd be advocating today if he was still alive. i.e. the fact that the free-market essentially bubbled the real-estate market and fucked everyone over.
Stop trolling

cheese_cheese

HSC
It doesn't work. The 'free market' bought us the worst financial disaster ever recorded in modern history. I don't mean to cause personal offense, although people like 'Blastus', for lack of a better word are utter idiots if they think this works long term in the real world and not such theoretical idealized model.

Garygaz

HSC
at least i was trawln when i blamed the free market on collapsing the market. if you're blaming it on the free market you truly don't have a skerrick of an idea of what actually happened.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
at least i was trawln when i blamed the free market on collapsing the market. if you're blaming it on the free market you truly don't have a skerrick of an idea of what actually happened.
Holy shit, the typical free marketeer response; 'but thats not capitalism its corporatism, if only the market was freer then these bonds between corporations and government would not exist and we would all be better off!'.

People have been arguing this for fucking decades and its always been bullshit, that retard didn't disprove fucking anythng. He only showed how unbelievably uneducated and unaware of history he is. Jesus, some people are such fucking idiots they cannot even fathom that in a more free, less regulated market that economic actors will be more free to make the rational decisions they believe will make them profit, and that those decisions are not always 'ethical'. There seems to be this cognitive devide between reality and this ideology; this childlike assumption that rational actors (because free market theorists just LOVE rational actor theories, proving in itself their complete lack of education in economics, psychology, sociology or anthropology) will somehow behave within some unspoken set of rules because... well just because they would. Maybe they don't understand that rationality includes dirty moves; propaganda, lobbying, subterfuge, P.R. campaigns, spin doctors, misinformation and importantly attempts to corner markets and establish monopolies.

Free market theorists are fucking joke amongst academics, these faggots need to take a fucking time machine back to the 1980's and 90's when people actually believed this shit before 30 years of this policy proved what a fucking joke it is.

boris

Banned
HSC
the internet has hit a new age (hit it in early 2010 imo)

everyone is a troll

everyone is trolling

nothing is what it seems

Garygaz

HSC
so ----

do you naturally assume that the free market as opposed to a regulated market or whatever alternative one might suggest (assuming policy makers can somehow keep up with regulating an industry they know little about) would suffocate the ability of the financial sector to cause the business cycle? i mean if you are talking directly about 08 you'd be saying a government would have had the foresight to ban private lenders from lending all together and also the regulation of collateralizing of debt - which only some of the brightest minds in wall st. actually fully understood.

i personally believe you are going to get this shit happening in any modern day market, it's more to do with greed than the adoption of a certain market ideology.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Omg end the fed ffs, there would be no housing collapse if it wasn't for government policy and the fed

Garygaz

HSC
not sure what you mean, as far as i've learnt the main causation for the collapse was lending practices no gov. policy or the fed

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
not sure what you mean, as far as i've learnt the main causation for the collapse was lending practices no gov. policy or the fed
who gave them the credit to lend in the first place, the fed, who initiated a policy that would allow poor people to get loans to own houses, the government

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)