The Holy Qu'ran- Favourite verses (1 Viewer)

aLIS

HSC
The Noble Qu'ran- selected verses​

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I read through the favourite quotes/verses from the bible thread and found some very interesting yet extremely similar to verses from the Qu'ran and thought we could share our favourite verses too. Indeed notice the similarities between those verses from the bible to those of the Qu'ran.

EDIT: Actually i cant differentiate between the verses, they are all beautiful and meaningful - so all are my favourite (and many will find it hard to favouritise with verses in the quran). So selecting verses with important lessons to teach, an interesting meaning etc. would be cool.

To begin:

Bismillilahi Al-rahman Al-raheem (In the name of Allah the most-gracious, most-merciful)

"When my servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls on Me. . ."
[Baqarah:186]

:) enjoy

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:

aLIS

HSC
Honouring Parents

Bismillilahi Al-rahman Al-raheem (In the name of Allah the most-gracious, most-merciful)

Your Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one of both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say, ‘My Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) ! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.’) (Qur’an 17:23-24)

nil8r153

HSC
Ramadan Mubarak!

I know this topic is favourite verses, but my favourite surah is so short that im sure the whole thing will qualify:

(An-Nas)

Qul a'uzubi rab-bin nas
Malikin nas
Ila hin-nas
Min shar-ril waswa sil khan-nas
Allazi yuwaswisu fee sudu rin-nas
Minal jin-nati wan-nas

And for the non-arabs:

[1] I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,
[2] The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,
[3] The God (or Judge) of Mankind,
[4] From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),
[5] (The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,
[6] Among Jinns and among Men.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
aLIS said:
Your Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one of both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say, ‘My Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) ! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.’) (Qur’an 17:23-24)
I'm confused as to how this could be a favourite quote...why is it one of yours?

aLIS

HSC
I'm confused as to how this could be a favourite quote...why is it one of yours?
Its a verse from the quran, not really a quote. So that on its own makes it special. The reason why i posted it is because of its beautiful meaning ( the great emphasis islam has on honoring parents) and also as it parallels with some of the verses i saw from the bible (for non-muslims to ponder about).

And another:

Those who believe and whose hearts find peace in the remembrance of Allah. Verily. only in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace. (Surat ar-Ra‘d: 28)

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
Those were lovely, thanks for sharing, guys! Here's some of mine:

The believers, in their love, mercy, and kindness to one another are like a body; if any part of it is ill, the whole body shares its sleeplessness and fever.
(^ narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #2586, and Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #6011)

None of you believes completely until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.
(^narrated in Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #13 and Saheeh Muslim, #45)

There is reward for kindness to every living animal or human.
(^Saheeh Muslim, #2244, and Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #2466)

Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.
(Qur'an, 13:28)

:)

Marzaa

HSC
"There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet" (Sura ?:??)

My favourite quote ... to memorise for the SORI HSC exam

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
Some people who post here sound mean and bitter. I hope you find your inner peace some day.

Truly God commands you give back trusts to those to whom they are due, and when you judge people, to judge with justice
(Qur'an, 4:58)

^Simple ones, I know, but they're the ones I find myself thinking about in a day :)

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
ari89 said:
[2.222] They ask you about menstruation. Say: 'It is an injury. Stay away from women during their menstrual periods and do not approach them until they are cleansed.

[2.223] Women are your planting place; come then to your planting place as you please and forward for your souls, and fear Allah. And know that you shall meet Him. Give glad tidings to the believers.
[
3.21] Those who disbelieve the verses of Allah and slay the Prophets unjustly, and slay those who bid to justice give them the glad tidings of a painful punishment!

[3.178] Do not let those who disbelieve think that what We delay is better for them. Indeed, We delay for them only that they will increase in sin, and for them a humiliating punishment.

[4.24] And (forbidden to you) are married women, except those whom your right hand owns. Such Allah has written for you.

[4.43] Believers, do not come close to prayer when you are drunk, until you know what you are saying, nor when you are in a state of impurity, unless you are crossing through the way (prayer area) until you have bathed yourselves. If you are ill or on a journey, or if any of you comes from the toilet or you have touched women, and you cannot find water, so touch pure dust and wipe your faces and your hands. Allah is the Pardoner, the Forgiver.
As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew you'd be involved somewhere.

News: every religious text has some very clever stuff and some very stupid stuff.

L

LordVoldemort

Lord Voldemort enjoys the Quran as it has quite a few of his favourite quotes in there related to the destruction of humanity.

[9.5]"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

[8.39]"Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

[8.39]"So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

[47.4]"When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."

aLIS

HSC
omg LOL ahhhh this is hilarious!
I had a feeling this thread would turn out somewhat like this.. but not so rapidly and certainly not to this extent.

I seriously cant be bothered explaining each verse for you (as if you're ignorance would give way). As mentioned before they are all out of CONTEXT.

People people people.. STOP wasting your time. Too bad isnt it... that peeps like you mock and criticise tirelessly yet...

Islam is the fastest growing religion and
the second largest religion in the world​

If islam was this 'crap' that y'all are trying to get to.. then why on earth has it skyrocketed a whopping 257% (then next religion follows with 47%) in just half a century. Or i might be mistaken you guys are higher in intellect than all these beens? lol The most intellectual of people convert daily! why? hmmm

Approx. 1,902,095,000 + people recite, MEMORISE, follow, love and cherish the Noble Quran. Surely such a hue no. dont like violence.. or any of that stuff you guys are trying to point out. I suggest to you all, to get rid of your ignorance and stop blindly following what some net site says, or media report reveals .. like sheep.

Speak, post, swear, write allllll you want ... we lose nothing and only get STRONGER. :D

ps. aussie aussie aussie!
Love the tolerance you all share; youve taught me heaps

aLIS

HSC
ditto
Truly God commands you give back trusts to those to whom they are due, and when you judge people, to judge with justice
(Qur'an, 4:58)
Beautiful mashallah

“Had we sent down this Quran on a mountain, verily, you would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are similitude which we propound to men that they may reflect.” (59:21)

subhan allah

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
As mentioned before they are all out of CONTEXT.
I challenge you to place the following in a context that justifies its content:

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

LordVoldemort provided a fucking good quote.

aLIS

HSC
I challenge you to place the following in a context that justifies its content:

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
Firstly you just gave me a quote from god knows where. No source, sura no. or verse no. what kind of challenge is this?
Secondly i will not uptake this challenge because i am not a Scholar or knowledgeable person of the deen as of yet. The ayahs of the quran are truly divine and only a person with enough islamic knowledge will be able to translate them to a near enough interpretation. These verses are originally in the arabic language and sound completely different.
Also as i said before "your ignorance will not give way" so i aint wasting my time. If you are serious about an explanation of a particular verse you'd do your research and speak to a scholar or sheikh about a particular ayah. Which no one bothers to do.. as they dont care about the truth but rather its construct.
Many converts do bother and when they do bother to seek knowledge are enlightened.

I CHALLENGE YOU to reasearch that verse and speak to a scholar, sheikh or truly knowledgeable peson about it - if you were serious bout it. :D

Im outta here man, ive said what ive got to say

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
aLIS, some posters in this thread seem to be so prejudiced and full of hate that they wouldn't listen to the explanations anyway.

The purpose of any religion is to help people live a good and honest life, that they musn't hurt or steal, that when making decisions they be fair and just, that they can always speak the truth quietly and clearly.

Islam is such a religion, so is Christianity, Buddism and all the others. I dont understand all this attacking. What is it that they are trying to prove? That God does not exist? They are in the wrong thread.

Don't waste time anymore time here aLIS. Go and study for hsc, and gudluck! :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ditto said:
aLIS, some posters in this thread seem to be so prejudiced and full of hate that they wouldn't listen to the explanations anyway.

Don't waste time anymore time here aLIS. Go and study for hsc, and gudluck! :)
Oh please make some more baseless generalisations ^_^

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
aLis said:
Firstly you just gave me a quote from god knows where. No source, sura no. or verse no. what kind of challenge is this?
I stole it from the post above by LordVoldemort, who said it came from 9.5 of the Quran. I supposed that was true, but I will now look it up.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Quran+9.5&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Yeah, it's a quote from the Quran. So there's a definite challenge for you to justify that quote, and also the entire fucking book seeing as there appears to be a whole library devoted to messages like that in the Quran.

Secondly i will not uptake this challenge because i am not a Scholar or knowledgeable person of the deen as of yet. The ayahs of the quran are truly divine and only a person with enough islamic knowledge will be able to translate them to a near enough interpretation. These verses are originally in the arabic language and sound completely different.
What the hell? How the hell could a verse have been translated to sound completely different to this? How? What was written in Arabic may have been slightly different but the overall messages appears to be pretty damn strong. There's nothing ambiguous about the quote.

ditto said:
LOL. If anyone here had cared to do some research, they'd see that I'm probably one of the most liberal, left-wing posters of BoS. I'm one that would rarely be considered prejudiced or full of hatred of Muslims. I saw the quote provided, and I saw that it seemed to a little...oh...I don't know - supportive of terrorism. So I asked those who seem to think this book is a great and positive work to justify it, and they couldn't.

I win.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Christianity has more people adding to it every year than Muslims...and for Christian's it is due to conversions. Might be the aid and love approach they take. However, with Islam it tends to be from excessive amounts of children per vagina and conversions abroad from the west are an escape from the constant subjugation of the non-believers in Islamic states.

Now I, as a Jew, am great and above debate.

Edit: And I think the fastest growing by percentage is some religion no one hears of. Simple math- one person adding to a smaller population is a larger % of that population.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
aLIS said:
omg LOL ahhhh this is hilarious!
It is:confused:

aLIS said:
I had a feeling this thread would turn out somewhat like this.. but not so rapidly and certainly not to this extent.
What happened so rapidly? They were some pretty good and memorable quotes?

aLIS said:
I seriously cant be bothered explaining each verse for you (as if you're ignorance would give way). As mentioned before they are all out of CONTEXT.
Typical excuse...however, it only works when the quote is actually out of context

aLIS said:
If islam was this 'crap' that y'all are trying to get to.. then why on earth has it skyrocketed a whopping 257% (then next religion follows with 47%) in just half a century.
Yeah...you should see the statistics for AIDS! I guess AIDS must be that good because so many people get it...especially those under duress

aLIS said:
Or i might be mistaken you guys are higher in intellect than all these beens? lol The most intellectual of people convert daily! why? hmmm
I dunno who 'we' refers to but the fact that they're not muslim lends itself to the fact that whoever 'we' are is of far higher intellect.

aLIS said:
Approx. 1,902,095,000 + people recite, MEMORISE, follow, love and cherish the Noble Quran.
LOL...i know so many many many many many many muslims who identify as a muslim but
a) Have never read the koran
b) Do not memorise the koran
c) Do not recite the koran
d) Do not follow any of what the Koran has to say

You mussies and ur generalisations:shy: (irony lol)

aLIS said:
Surely such a hue no. dont like violence.. or any of that stuff you guys are trying to point out. I suggest to you all, to get rid of your ignorance and stop blindly following what some net site says, or media report reveals .. like sheep.
Yes...the media put those verses in the koran, right?

aLIS said:
Speak, post, swear, write allllll you want ... we lose nothing and only get STRONGER. :D
Umm...thats funny in a way:
a) You don't let women speak half the time (Yeah low blow so feel free to ignore it...but you must admit the extent of the horrible treatment of women in Islamic countries is appalling)
b) We needed your permission to post?
c) Why intice us to swear?

aLIS said:
ps. aussie aussie aussie!
oi oi oi?

aLIS said:
Love the tolerance you all share; youve taught me heaps
Yeah...aussies are quite tolerant. We give you refuge from war...and let you practice your beliefs and even establish ghettos.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Ba'al Shem Tov said:

Edit: And I think the fastest growing by percentage is some religion no one hears of. Simple math- one person adding to a smaller population is a larger % of that population.
I LOVE THE PICK. and i absolutely love the percentages....... my new religion is gana be the fastest growing religion.... if i convert my 4 brothers to it.... then my religion will have grown.... 400 % !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the last hour................ im so kewl.......

btw.. how come there is so much anti-muslim feelings in these forums?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)