HSC
N/A
I like my BlackBerry PlayBook,
I get unlimited internet on it for $10.

Sent from a BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I guess the only possible use I would have for an iPad would be if i I had a long commute each day to work and wanted to kill time with something I could easily carry/store.

But I don't. :(

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Not going to buy one. Don't seem the fuss. I wouldn't use the 4G so no point

I rather use a laptop, plus I have a Iphone and a Ipod Touch so no point. (Plus those shity netbooks i got)

Looks good though

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
I love my iPad 2 - it's super handy in uni lectures to have the slides/lecture notes/questions on, as well as obviously being there to quickly look something up, etc. I don't plan to upgrade to the new model yet - I'll probably get the next model though.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Not going to buy one. Don't seem the fuss. I wouldn't use the 4G so no point

I rather use a laptop, plus I have a Iphone and a Ipod Touch so no point. (Plus those shity netbooks i got)

Looks good though
the only time i ever use my ipad 2 is when im too lazy to turn the laptop on and for playing angry birds

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I play angry birds on my computer.
Just isn't the same IMO. I'm still impressed how Apple managed to turn the iOS platform into a gaming platform with some decent quality games/developers... and better yet, they're heaps cheaper than console games which suits very casual/occasional gamers like me :)

izzy88

HSC
oopht. good point. unless your with telestra.
no it won't work on any 4G networks in Australia, including Telstra's. Telstra's 4G network runs on a different frequency to the 4G networks in the US, and the iPad only works the frequencies of the US 4G networks, not Australia's (or UK or most of Europe for that matter). Apple didn't really consider the rest of the world when they put the 4G technology into the iPad. Hopefully the next version of the iPad will work for Australia's 4G networks.

The iPad will work on the 3G networks still though. See this: http://www.zdnet.com.au/why-the-new-ipad-wont-be-4g-in-australia-339333239.htm

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
no it won't work on any 4G networks in Australia, including Telstra's. Telstra's 4G network runs on a different frequency to the 4G networks in the US, and the iPad only works the frequencies of the US 4G networks, not Australia's (or UK or most of Europe for that matter). Apple didn't really consider the rest of the world when they put the 4G technology into the iPad. Hopefully the next version of the iPad will work for Australia's 4G networks.

The iPad will work on the 3G networks still though. See this: http://www.zdnet.com.au/why-the-new-ipad-wont-be-4g-in-australia-339333239.htm
http://www.itwire.com/it-industry-n...tus-makes-first-lte-data-connection-at-700mhz

Dylanamali

HSC
new ipad = let down..

Now, i'm patiently awaiting the new mac book pros / mac book airs.. hoping for something better then just minor spec boosts.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
new ipad = let down..

Now, i'm patiently awaiting the new mac book pros / mac book airs.. hoping for something better then just minor spec boosts.
apple should re-release the regular macbook instead
i think there is a definite market for people who want a reasonably priced, average spec-ed laptop that has a cd drive on it.

izzy88

HSC
good point - however that was a trial and is only available where analogue tv has been turned off. Analogue tv won't be turned off completely until end of 2013 assuming all goes well. Until that time you won't be able to use the 4G capabilities of the iPad (3).

apple should re-release the regular macbook instead
i think there is a definite market for people who want a reasonably priced, average spec-ed laptop that has a cd drive on it.
I don't think its going to happen. Apple seems to think the cd drive should go die (which is sad), but kind of understandable. Although I would be unsure about purchasing a laptop without a cd drive, realistically I hardly use mine. A portable cd drive that I plug in would probably be fine in the end.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have only needed the optical drive once or twice in the past year- namely to install win 7 on my MacBook air. And I've actually done quite well without it and instead using portable usb dvd drive when needed.

Dylanamali

HSC
one major downer about the ipad 3 is that it is still incapable in playing flash..

i would purchase it if it could run flash.. coz most of my ebook textbooks run using flash.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn. I have to admit I haven't had any issues with lack of flash on my iPhones but if you need flash you need flash.

izzy88

HSC
one major downer about the ipad 3 is that it is still incapable in playing flash..

i would purchase it if it could run flash.. coz most of my ebook textbooks run using flash.
that is unfortunate - although I don't think it the ipad/iphones will ever support flash. Isn't even adobe now not really working on flash anymore? (or something like that)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Something like that. They're all pushing for other technologies which are more open. But I guess Dylan is right because even in my company a lot of the training material is in flash still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)