• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Nick Valensi/Julian Casablancas Appreciation Initiative (2 Viewers)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
eh, not so unfortunate, you could look like nikolai, or paul banks (who is so not hot daniela, nothing you say can convince me!!)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Melissa, stop arguing with me about dear Paul. I think he is the hottest thing ever. And nothing will change my mind about that. (But Ill try to change your mind....)
Now, on to Strokes-related matters, Drew and Fab are definately over now, whilst my lovely, drunken Jules is officially off the market (he and Juliet - yes that is her name - are married.) Sigh, its a sad day for me indeed.
Now, on to slightly happier news, I saw Little Julian today! after the gym, I was in the same carriage as him (looking extremely foxy in his sport uniform) on the train and I saw were he got off... (Unintentional stalking is still ok, right?) ...
PS. absolution. You are hot. Keep it up.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
unintentional stalking hey??? i think not...mmm ugly sport uniforms...nothing better...julian (the real, big julian) i have learnt to appreciate and even love his looks, so i am sorry for previous stabs at him...do u have a pic of juliet...is she fugly?

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
A-Ha! See, the way you've come around to Jules is the way you're probably going to come around to Paul!! Hehe, and the Little Jules incident was soo unintentional because I knew I was looking particularly unattractive after the gym and was trying to avoid all Caringbah people, and then bam! he walked right next to me. Only slightly embarassing....
Anywho, I did have a pic of Juliet once but I deleted it in a fit of jealousy when I learned they were engaged. And now I can't find any. To my knowledge I thought she was fugly, but that could just have been my misguided brain trying to make me feel better...
PS what are you doing tomorrow? Are you going to the swimming carnival?

HSC
The Strokes are one unlucky band, not only were they all unceremoniously beaten with the ugly stick from a young age, their music sucks ass

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Trippendicular said:
The Strokes are one unlucky band, not only were they all unceremoniously beaten with the ugly stick from a young age, their music sucks ass
GET the FUCK OUT!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
shutup tom!! there was not an ugly stick in sight when the strokes were born. well maybe here and there...but they're all pretty in their own special way. not going to swimming carnival tomorrow dani, ich bleibe zu Hause ie i'm lounging at home, doing the mountains of schoolwork i promised myself i would have done by today...as you may have already gathered it didn't happen. little jules is so cute..hehe i can still remember the look of confusion/utter horror when i gave him the rose...poor unsuspecting boy

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
You know Tom, for someone who went to their concert and loved their cds and had pictures of them on his diary, you sure seem to have a lot of Strokes hate at the moment..... Interesting. I think you're just trying to be a shit-stirrer.
Get over it and embrace your inner Strokes love (you know its there)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Fucking hell I hate my fucking internet. By the time it slowly opens the freaking page thing, another 10 people have posted and what Im saying isnt relevant anymore. So im sorry if I've become that annoying person who's 10 mintutes (or pages) late into the convo.
Yeah, I have so much stuff to do for school, and yet here I am, wasting time downloading songs and interpol pictures. I think im going fail school. I can see it coming. We're being nerds tomorrow and heading to Fischer Library to get research done for assignments (yipee...)
Hehe Lissy, can you recap what Little J said when you gave him the rose? I forgot whether you told me if he said anything. (PS I love you forever and ever for doing that)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
well the dialogue kinda went like so:

Me:Hi, um this is for you (rose), some girl over there (points towards crowd of people) asked me to give this to you

Little Jules: oh, err

Me: (walking away, shrugs) happy valentines?

Little Jules (insert look of pure terror here)

ie he didn't really say much, just looked shocked and made a few vowel sounds... thats about all. he prob saw us coming, especially as we were like 5m away from him and i scream, 'it's him, it's him, gimme the rose' . so subtle yet so funny, i was really nervous, after i gave it to him as i was catching up to you guys, my legs were like jelly teehee

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Hmmm... And Television's Marquee Moon is pertinent to this thread how? Good album and all, just wondering as to the meaning of your post.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Been listening to the strokes so much more now, i love 'Alone Together from Is This It?. it has like 3 guitar solos yay, and i'm imagining nick playing them all, but its probably albert hey?? oh well

Last edited:

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Ok, its about time that we bring this thread back to life! So i thought I'd share a though that came into my head today.... How cool would it be if there was a Strokes comic out? Being a huge comics fan, I think that would be soo good! hehe, it wouldn't even have to be real or anything, like it could just use them as the main characters.
Now, I put it to you all - what would be each Strokes member special power(s)?
I think Nikolai would have the power to be invisible because sometimes it feels like he is anyway! Awww, poor Nikolai....he's such a good bassist! Ok, now you're turn....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)