• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Nick Valensi/Julian Casablancas Appreciation Initiative (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i cant find any sine pics small enough, but yes, i love him with the shorter hair...mmmm...a fine example of good short hair - or maybe it was just the fact that it was jeff

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
haha thats the one i wanted to post originally.
ahhh i love jeff and nick sooo much
i was talking to a teacher backstage at my school music 'do while our rock band was murdering last goodbye and we were talking about jeff and he said he had tickets for one of jeff's gig's in aust but he didn't go because he had to do something else (details?) and then he died. he was v. resentful!!! imagine going to one of his gigs...i'd be like crying the whole way through..wow, how awesome would that be (the gig not necessarily the crying)

kittycat552

Ahhh jeff was so fine... with the short hair he looks so gorgeous (the pics in Dream Brother bio are awesome - jeff was so surprised that women swooned over him because he perceived himself as a "monkey").

With longer hair he looks brooding and i love it

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
haha, you're great tiney!! ahh, listening to everybody here wants to...great stuff. his voice is soo amazing mmmm yum. yes and those eyes and smile yay
absolution - young girls in love!!!

kittycat552

my line belongs in a memoir of true love *swoons* LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
haha, lover you should've come over - every second line i swoon. oh and demon john from mystry white boy (i think) ahh theres this part where it reaches the climax of the song and i just want to weep its so good

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
just watched a video of forget her, so good...another thing about jeff - he smoked with style...the strokes boys are a little too over the top with their booze and fags, it hardly seems as if they're ever sober
i also have this cool download where jeff is singing bob dylan's i shall be released over the phone....its soo cool

kittycat552

the cig just adds to the sex appeal he oozed

jeff had a penchant for recording like hours long phone messages where he would serenade people...one of the sweetest things i read was in Dream Brother where jeff would record long voice messages about the adventures of his then girlfriend's cat and would also babysit the cat ... aww how gorgeous is that

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
melimoo said:
one word - agreed

i love vancouver from sketches too - best song
agreed, so awesome. u know it started as an instrumental?

who heard the live@thewireless on jjj a few weeks back? i turned off my lights, lit a candle and blissed out.

and i made another convert on fruday night. he said he was into zeppelin, so i grabbed my ipod and played him eternal life. you should have seen the look on his face...

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i missed live@the wireless!!!
a) i didnt know it was on and
b) i was working - grrrr
i love sketches so much - i think its great that its so different to grace - shows how much potential jeff had and variation too. its really dumb for me to post my favourite songs, as they change all the time because i love all of jeff's songs. except maybe lilac wine - but that was a cover!
i love "i know we could be so happy baby (if we wanted to be)" its my favourite at the moment.
vancouver was meant to be an instrumental??? how good would have that been!! but vancouver's still good...
eternal life is probably my fav on grace with lover...
love it - so much variation in style...ballads, rock, heavy, operatic??? (corpus christi?) love it sooo much
imagine what he could've done had he not gone before his time...
i miss him and his music

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)