• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Nick Valensi/Julian Casablancas Appreciation Initiative (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I think hes a pretty average bassist. None of their music really requires much talent. They should kick him out and get a good looking bassist. He ruins it.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
aww, but i really feel sorry for him...i do. if they weren't all so 'dark & mysterious' he could be that guy in the band. i reckon nikolai shouldn't be the invisiman, rather something like being able to read minds...i dont know why but yeah....jules should have xray supervision because he has pretty eyes...i dont know about nick...maybe elastoman because hes so lanky.
i wanna play guitar so bad i really love it!!! ill just get past this yr and then i'll make up a band...you can sing daniela...or maybe just do drums....hehehehe. absolution* you in a band of any kind? play classical or rock? im so inspired

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Ahhahahahahahaha.... Goodness gracious! Did you just suggest that I should be the singer? Haha, and I thought I had subjected you to enough pain over the years.... I would love to be the drummer, If you wouldn't mind. So I guess we need a bassist, another guitarist and/or vocalist. Lets do it!
I wonder if Julian was drunk at his own wedding? Haha, it seems extremely possible! Sigh. And i was thinking he'd be a bachelor forever (until he met me, of course)
And, i just have to add that the strokes boys are super talented - seriously. If you actually listen to their albums, you realise the complexity of their music.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
ill be the pianist/guitarist. though i only play blues these days. so youll have to work around me :) spin spin sugar can be the vocalist because she is hot! hot! hot! and will bring in the groupies.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
maybe i'll just be a roadie....
that is until i learn guitar of course...woohoo, now we have a mock strokes band, except not quite so pretty nor musically inclined. hate to break it 2 u dani, but i agree with absolution, they're musics not so difficult or complex or anything...but yet satisfying. all you need is a few good guitar/bass riffs, a few mad solos and hey presto a great rock band...i can write the songs, i mean, sure i'm great at composing classical music (i did win $100 for my composition anyway!!) rock can't be so different...can it? PS dani, i'm still working on DeJe, your song...its kinda static at the moment...composer's block - you know how it is

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Hmmm.. ok. Whatever. I guess Im the only person who thinks they are talented musicians. I guess if you'd seen Nick playing his guitar and Fab smashing the drums live, you might understand what im talking about. And their Clash cover was fantastic too! Remember the good times, Tom? Man, 'The Mess Hall' were sooo bad... haha
Anyways, back to our band, I just want to let you all know that despite Tom's claims, the drums will end up being the weakest part of our band. Seriously, i cant even master a simple tune on a glockenspiel. But Im willing to give it a shot! And where has spin spin sugar gone? Has she agreed to become our vocalist? If so, we're so on our way! hehe

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
the strokes are massively overrated..good band but definitely not as good as the critics and evryone seems to think

now The Libertines are/were 100 times better..if you like the Strokes you'll like the Libertines

by the way has anyone here heard Bloc Party??

the strokes are hideous too....julian casablancas is a shit frontman
valensi is an awesome guitarist

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
now now dani, lets not get all "i've seen the strokes live so therefore i am so exclusive" now...heheh <3 no need to rub it in. i'm not discrediting their music totally, just that it doesn't compare with other music. but as a rock band they are awesome...
Libertine, i like what ive heard of the libertines so far...good work
dani, i remember trying to teach u and nik how to play a song on the piano for a music performance...never again...at least when singing a song u know u dont really need to read music, however pitch is necessary...

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Yeah, sorry, I just hate the whole "their music isn't very complex, therefore they aren't talented musicians" argument - its illogical! But Ill shut up now coz nobody agrees with me!
See, I happen to think that the libertines are overrated. I heard good things, got both albums and I still cant listen to them fully. Its just... irritating. Sorry, Libertine, I understand that everyone has their own music taste etc, so Im not trying to discredit yours or anything!
I wouldn't have to read music to play the drums, would I? (See how in-depth my music knowledge is? hehe) Can't I just bash on them really loudly in some kind of beat? Because maybe I could do that....
Hmmm... Maybe I could be the lyricist? Im pretty good at english... but then again my poetry has never been that crash-hot... (Liss, remember Mending Wall? haha)

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
hahaha

mending wall
oh mending wall
unsturdy you are
and not very tall

one of my better poems...well if my way with words doesn't grab you in this one, at least its funny right?? im sorry robert frost...

ummm, well, music does exist for drums, but i can't say ive ever seen anyone really use it. basically people learn the rhythms (i can do a paradiddle - right-right-left-right-left-left-right-left-right-right - ella taught me that)
and then people say, ok do this drum thing, and then do this...hang on i think they call them fills...yes drum fills...anywho...
strokes are good but no-one beats jeff - honestly...kinda different style but hey...did i tell u i saw a really really hot guy in miranda with tal adn he looked kinda like jeff and he was tall and good looking and was wearing a blue shirt and i was in love. we checked to see if general pants boy was there - but no joy

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Haha, I <3 Meding Wall! Good times! hehe, and yea you mentioned a hot boy, but you did not mention that he looked like Jeff.. woohoo! you should have gone after him! and yea I have not seen GP boy since that fateful day... :(
Speaking of hot boys, I managed to download an Interpol videoclip and can now watch Paul ON REPEAT the entire day. I'm overcome with joy. Hehe! Plus, i am dreading school tomorrow (Daniela did no homework this weekend...) But on the plus side, there's always Little J to look forward to! Love ya lots Lissy! xox

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Havnt seen pics from the sine period but i think he looks hot hot hot in live in chicago.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ahhh Sine, you listen to the monologues and its so funny to hear the way he just drifts of onto completely random subjects...its great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)