d_squad94

HSC
yeah, point proven (i concede :'( )

bioshock was a legendary game

that storyline blew me away, that city was fuckin amazing

bioshock definitely was THE GAME of this gen

with fallout 3 pretty close behind

they were different
i agree 100%, bioshock and fallout (mainly 3) are so far ahead of every other game today its not funny

d_squad94

HSC
You know what can and does compare to OOT? Majora's Mask.
It was a better game.
You are kidding. Majora's Mask was so transparent the whole way through, and based itself too much on the side-quests rather than stregthening the storyline. In OOT the basic structure of the game was the same the whole way through but there were so many new challenges to keep you playing. IMO the masks in Majora's left the game way too open to interpretation, it got boring on 1st playthrough trying to figure out what to do with them all

mirakon

nigga
HSC
mario got old for me

and was never a big fan of it

same with zelda, never liked it (as well as metroid - hated it)and, fuck skyrim - omgoood - cant wait to be mindblown again

oblivion was shit
morrowind was the shit
skyrim wont match the lure of morrowind but the dark textures and details are enticing

fuck but morrowind lured me into its world so well, the music, creepy scenery and everything

fuck i was so afraid (as a kid playing this) of walking from one city to another - scared of getting mauled etc

god i wanted to live in morrowind i loved it so much
GTFO

HULk SMASH!!!!!

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
You are kidding. Majora's Mask was so transparent the whole way through, and based itself too much on the side-quests rather than stregthening the storyline. In OOT the basic structure of the game was the same the whole way through but there were so many new challenges to keep you playing. IMO the masks in Majora's left the game way too open to interpretation, it got boring on 1st playthrough trying to figure out what to do with them all
thatsthepoint.jpg

Thank you for outlining why MM is a better game.
A good game shouldn't solely rely on playing the main plot- there should be side challenges and side stories.
I'm not saying OoT is bad at all, I love that game to death, I'm just saying, I thought Majora's Mask was better. OoT had such a basic plot with brilliant gameplay and construction. The concept behind OoT was nothing new at all. MM was more challenging (with the time restriction) and had new and original challenges, rather then the generic arrow shooting game.

What do you mean the masks leave the game open to interpretation though? I'm not quite following.

Again, I'm not saying OoT is bad. It is one of my favourite games, and while it is a fantastic game, it's always held on such a high pedestal and, yes it is good, but IMO not the best game of all time.

DarkDrakayn

Premium Member
HSC
Zelda OoT, Majora's Mask, Pokemon Stadium, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie, Pokemon Snap...beast games.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i love my n64 so much i will even embarrass myself in my efforts to honour it

therefore i shall compose a hip hop song and upload it 2moro for the lulz

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ever get stuck on Donkey Kong 64 when having to complete Donkey Kong Arcade with 1 life? It took me forever ;)
The arcade was hell when I was younger. Took me forever to beat the third level. That damn bouncing spring

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
way 2 deep 4 u

mirakon

nigga
HSC

lol i can't believe i actually did it. finishing hsc truly does make one crazy

bullwinkle96

HSC
The arcade was hell when I was younger. Took me forever to beat the third level. That damn bouncing spring
I was trying to do it for ages and then I go over to a friends house and get it like straight away. >_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)