• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i was wondering the other day what would happen without one of them, i like all the characters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Althea said:
I don't think Marissa puts it on - rather, I think, she is just overly trusting. Ryan knows from his past that you can't always do that or you'll get hurt - so, I guess he tries to make Marissa see that she can avoid screwing up her life further :) .
true

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
i was wondering the other day what would happen without one of them, i like all the characters
Out of the main characters (the ones in my avatar) for some reason I think I could probably live without Marissa, but it wouldn't be the same. If they got rid of any of the others I think the show would fall apart:(.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
^ hey I only just noticed that you don't have Luke in your av.. /shakes head ..
after all isn't he the coolest one? :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I don't consider him a main character as he doesn't come back to the show for season two (not a spoiler, as someone already mentioned it). Plus, I would have needed another word in my phrase to make his picture fit (the main reason):p.

Althea

Merethrond said:
I actually saw that on the television and I remember that it wasn't just her that stood off to the side, basically the whole cast went up there to accept the award and there wasn't enough room for everyone to stand around the dais:).
When did it air? I wanted to watch it... :(

Typical media for you - they can make anything become exactly what it is not....

And I think Marissa would have to stay on the show - I just feel that she is a pivotal character to the series, even if I find her rather boring at times.

Yet, if she left, I wouldn't miss her - Anna, Summer, Seth and Sandy provide all the entertainment the O.C. needs to keep me watching :) .

Althea

Merethrond said:
Plus, I would have needed another word in my phrase to make his picture fit (the main reason):p.
Ah, don't bother putting him in - you're right, Luke isn't that much of a main character (apart from that 'one' episode...). And there really is no other word that could fit into your avatar without making absolutely no sense :) !

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
When did it air? I wanted to watch it... :(
Um, I think it was on not last weekend but the one before. I didn't realise it was on either, I only caught about the last 45 minutes or so. They did not promote it at all:(.

Althea said:
Yet, if she left, I wouldn't miss her - Anna, Summer, Seth and Sandy provide all the entertainment the O.C. needs to keep me watching :) .
Oh, you need Ryan too. The whole show is based around him:p.

Althea said:
Ah, don't bother putting him in - you're right, Luke isn't that much of a main character (apart from that 'one' episode...).
Which episode are you talking about:)?

Fry

Althea said:
Althea
arn't seth and summer going out to?
that would be pretty funny and annoying coz they would be spending
all there time with the same people!
i wonder why they have lasted and mischa and ben didn't
it probably didn't last because they weren't in love with each other? or maybe because she thinks she's too good for him cos now she's dating this super rich dude. Adam and Rachel are clearly in love…you can just see it in their eyes. congrats to them...they make a fine couple.

Merethrond said:
I actually saw that on the television and I remember that it wasn't just her that stood off to the side, basically the whole cast went up there to accept the award and there wasn't enough room for everyone to stand around the dais:).
i know there isn't enough room to stand around the podium but she was like metres away from it, leaving a huge gap. it doesn't hurt to move in a little closer. but I think it might be because she's shy and doesn't want to say anything. she seemed pretty nervous when she was presenting an award.

Merethrond said:
So does anyone else think that Mischa's Ostracism from the rest of the cast will affect the show? Like, maybe she could pull out, or maybe it could affect the casts acting:( ?
she's not being ostracised. i think she's acting diva-like with all these movie and ad offers and she's like on the cover of every magazine. if the fame gets to her head, she might ditch The OC and start doing bigger things cos she's seen as the 'it' girl. this is what really peed me off. the rest of the cast are amazing actors and do a better job than she does but she gets all the attention cos of her looks. here's an interesting article i found:

IS THE O.C. CAST JEALOUS OF MISCHA'S FAME?
Friday September 3, 2004

Although The O.C. actors Rachel Bilson, Adam Brody and Benjamin McKenzie settled into their seats well before showtime at the Teen Choice Awards on Aug. 8, one cast member -- the show's standout star Mischa Barton -- was noticeably absent.

Absent, that is, until the 18-year-old actress slipped in just five minutes before the show with boyfriend Brandon Davis, plopping down in her assigned seat in L.A.'s Universal Amphitheater without uttering even a word to her co-stars.

CO-STAR CLIQUES

The moment was a telling one, because, much like the cliques portrayed on the popular high school drama, sources tell Star that group alliances and loyalties are dividing the cast of The O.C., in large part because of envy over Mischa's red-hot career.

And although other O.C. actors are enjoying their own successes off the set -- Bilson, 23, is a Bongo jeans spokesmodel and Brody, 24, just landed a role opposite Meg Ryan -- Mischa's star is outshining them all, and it's creating some problems, sources tell Star.

MISCHA'S IN DEMAND

"Rachel has issues because Mischa is getting so many Hollywood scripts and endorsements," an industry insider told Star. "Mischa's been meeting with heads of studios and is up for movies starring A-list actors such as Brad Pitt, while Rachel is up forAmerican Pie IV."

The source adds that Rachel and Adam, along with Mischa's reported ex, Benjamin McKenzie, 25, think that Mischa has not been exactly humble about her accomplishments either, allowing her success to go to her head.

Part of the problem may be that Mischa -- who is younger than the rest of the cast -- has not exactly been holding back her feelings for her castmates. "She says a lot of things that offend," a source on the set told Star. "She told a magazine interviewer that Rachel had a too-curvy body, making it sound like she's fat, and that Ben and Adam weren't that good-looking."

ICY ON THE SET

And although a rep from the show denies any strife, saying that everyone "gets along really well and socializes," sources tell Star that the atmosphere on The O.C. set has become so icy that Mischa and the other cast members rarely speak to one another outside of saying their scripted lines.

"While Ben, Adam and Rachel may joke among themselves, Mischa's into looking at magazines or talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone," says the on-set source. "They have their own camp. They're not nice to Mischa, and Mischa isn't nice to them. You should see how it is. It's like a freezer," the industry insider said. -- JENNIFER PEARSON, EVAN MATTHEW,ANDREA SCHAFFER,BRENDA YOU, LIZA GHORBANI & ANNA HOLMES

Is Her Boyfriend To Blame?
Mischa Barton's high-profile romance with hunky oil heir Brandon Davis, 22, whom she started dating in April, may partially be to blame for the rift between herself and The O.C. co-stars, sources tell Star. "Mischa was really tight with the rest of the cast when the show first started," says a source on the set. "But after she and Ben [McKenzie] split up, she really changed her life. Ben and Rachel and Adam still go out together -- but not with Mischa. She spends all her time with Brandon."

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Grrrr at Brandon Davis....
WHy couldnt i be born rich.. dammit

Then again... if Miss Mischa Barton cant accept me for who i am, she can go and eat a Beef Jerkey stick and get fat for all i care~!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
great article.. hopefully she'll get her head out of the clouds soon

>>anyway I liked this pic (she reminds me of one of the sex in the city chicks)

Fry

pls no more pics! i can't stand her now..she called Rachel fat :(
that is very hurtful.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
lol.. I don't like her.. I wanted to know who the chick from sex in the city was that looks like that..

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
what's with the bright blue bag ? and is that her "hunky" boyfriend.. ?

funny how the article was saying Mischa's getting all these movie offers etc, when she's probably the worst actress in the show.

and if seth was cut out from the show i'd definitely cry. he SO makes the show, not ryan, marissa, summer or anyone else. not that i think he's hot, he's hilariously funny.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if seth left no one would watch the show anymore, he is the best character there

that article was good

it seem so fitting - someone playing the rich oc kid also being rich (and more stuck up) in real life

i think if she leaves the oc the movie offers might stop coming in, she hasn't built up enough of a fan base yet

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Annegelic said:
funny how the article was saying Mischa's getting all these movie offers etc, when she's probably the worst actress in the show.
I don't understand that either.. obviously its based on looks rather than talent - but I think Rachael looks better than her and has more talent..yet Mischa gets the roles?

Fry said:
i think her name is Charlotte?
ah yes thats the one.. thats all I wanted to know

Fry

iambored said:
i think if she leaves the oc the movie offers might stop coming in, she hasn't built up enough of a fan base yet
Adam has the largest fanbase out of everyone on the show, but Mischa is getting more offers than him so its not about that. its about the directors, who prefer to cast young, pretty and skinny girls for their films.

Cicciolina

HSC
I think it's probably gone to Mischa's head a bit, but in interviews and stuff she always seems to be more embarassed and nervous than anything, plus with her funny inflections it comes across as a bit rude when I don't think she means it? In print interviews she's a little too honest and blunt and that doesn't come across too well. It doesn't seem like she's doing much acting work though, I always see her gallivanting with her boyfriend (who looks like a fat, sweaty, drugged up Elvis impersonator if you ask me, billionaire heir or not) at awards ceremonies and the South of France, while Adam Brody is off actually doing stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)