the OC (7 Viewers)

Althea

Fry said:
IS THE O.C. CAST JEALOUS OF MISCHA'S FAME?
Friday September 3, 2004
That article contain's pretty much the gist of the article I mentioned earlier... except mine was in Who I think.

Mischa Barton has just let it all get to her head to much - a shame really. Their was another article on her a while back and she was out buying a super-expensive car with her boyfriend - it didn't mention who was paying though...

That's why I prefer Summer's/Rachel's on/off character - she seems much more down to earth and really has looks and talent. I'm not saying that Mischa isn't pretty but if she isn't beautiful inside, it doesn't count at all (I know, it's cheesy - but true :D !).

And to anyone who watched the Emmy's... was Mischa Barton the only guest from the O.C.? It just seems that every magazine cover has her - and that dress! - on it but have failed to publish any images of Summer, Seth ect.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
i know there isn't enough room to stand around the podium but she was like metres away from it, leaving a huge gap. it doesn't hurt to move in a little closer. but I think it might be because she's shy and doesn't want to say anything. she seemed pretty nervous when she was presenting an award.
Hm, I thought there were a few standing to the side. Maybe I didn't see her because she was too far to the side:p.

Fry said:
she's not being ostracised. i think she's acting diva-like with all these movie and ad offers and she's like on the cover of every magazine. if the fame gets to her head, she might ditch The OC and start doing bigger things cos she's seen as the 'it' girl. this is what really peed me off. the rest of the cast are amazing actors and do a better job than she does but she gets all the attention cos of her looks.
Yeah, I suppose that is a possibility. About the movie offers, if you look at her profile on IMDb here it doesn't appear that she has taken any of them so far:).

Fry said:
"Rachel has issues because Mischa is getting so many Hollywood scripts and endorsements," an industry insider told Star. "Mischa's been meeting with heads of studios and is up for movies starring A-list actors such as Brad Pitt, while Rachel is up forAmerican Pie IV."
What's wrong with American Pie IV:p. I seriously hope there is one though:D!

Fry said:
The source adds that Rachel and Adam, along with Mischa's reported ex, Benjamin McKenzie, 25, think that Mischa has not been exactly humble about her accomplishments either, allowing her success to go to her head.
So it is true! I didn't believe it until then:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
i think her name is Charlotte?
If that is the black haired lady, then I think so too, in the eyes:).

Annegelic said:
and is that her "hunky" boyfriend.. ?
Haha, I'm a guy but there is no way he is a good looking guy:p.

Althea said:
And to anyone who watched the Emmy's... was Mischa Barton the only guest from the O.C.? It just seems that every magazine cover has her - and that dress! - on it but have failed to publish any images of Summer, Seth ect.
There was Marissa, Ryan and Seth presenting the award:).

Althea said:
The one where his dad is forced to... 'come out'.
Oh, OK:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have now done the complete 180 degrees and I would say that I don't think Marissa is that pretty at all and that Summer is really pretty:D. Apart from the odd photo (probably because of the airbrushing or whatever they do to it) Marissa looks quite plain. Saying that, when I do see a good photo (I have one here if you want me to scan it) of Marissa she does look very beautiful:).

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i don't think that getting parts in big movies
has anything at all too do with talent it has to do with looks
and americans are obssessed with 'skinny' girls
and that is why misha has got offers
and summer hasn't got that many

Althea

Merethrond said:
I have now done the complete 180 degrees and I would say that I don't think Marissa is that pretty at all and that Summer is really pretty:D. Apart from the odd photo (probably because of the airbrushing or whatever they do to it) Marissa looks quite plain. Saying that, when I do see a good photo (I have one here if you want me to scan it) of Marissa she does look very beautiful:).
That's what I think - Marissa is just plain, really. And when you do notice a photo where she looks stunning, it's just that the hair and make-up team have been at work - they can make anyone beautiful :)! I think that Summer, on the other hand, is genuinely pretty. Yes, she might wear a lot of makeup sometimes, but she has naturally nice facial features - in my opinion, she is defintely prettier than Marissa.

Althea

mizz_smee said:
i don't think that getting parts in big movies
has anything at all too do with talent it has to do with looks
and americans are obssessed with 'skinny' girls
and that is why misha has got offers
and summer hasn't got that many
:uhhuh: - Producers appear to want to script the more popular actressess and since skinny/pretty girls are all the go, they seem to be scoriung parts in the more bigger-release movies... like Mischa Barton. Yes, she can act but their are numerous others who are much more talented.

Althea

JUST A NOTE:

DO NOT read INCA G's thread in the Entertainment Board titled 'The OC Spoilers' (or even hover over it!).

Not sure if their true or not but I don't want to find out and I'm sure that many of you here feel the same way!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
merethrond... yes i do want you to scan the good pic of marissa

and scan someone post her bf pics plz... i wanna see if hes really that ugly as someone above said... noting that he looked like an elvis impersonator

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its on tonight its on tonight its on tonight :)

oh and i was one of those stupid people that went in the spoilers thread...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Orange Juice said:
merethrond... yes i do want you to scan the good pic of marissa
Our scanner has been playing up for a while now and it won't let me save the scanned pictures, so I scanned it and had to use "print screen" (if you know what I mean) to get the picture to save, so the quality is not the best, sorry:(.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Hey did Seth's parents end up going on that "romantic getaway for two" that they won in the raffle on the episode when Marissa found out that her mum and Seth's granddad were dating? I don't remember them going on it. Why did I ask that question? Well, I had a good question but I seem to have forgotten it:rolleyes:.

Althea

Merethrond said:
Our scanner has been playing up for a while now and it won't let me save the scanned pictures, so I scanned it and had to use "print screen" (if you know what I mean) to get the picture to save, so the quality is not the best, sorry:(.
Wow, she does look really pretty in that picture - I think the wavy-hair look suits her better, it softens her face :) .

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Wow, she does look really pretty in that picture - I think the wavy-hair look suits her better, it softens her face :) .
Me too:D! Her hair is usually straight on the show isn't it:)?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
merethrond thats a disgrace! you call yourself a true fan of OC? hella no you shoulda went to someones house scanned it, saved it, burn onto a dvd and then bring it back home, buy a dvd drive for your computer then posted it :p

now can someone put a pic up of marissas real life bf plz!

EDIT: nvm merethrond i forgive you, that pics pretty good... her arms look a lil boney tho... but still good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)