The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Leo barry played an exceptional game against the kangaroos, and im not taking anything out of his and the rest of the teams performance, but imo kennelly provides the extra edge out of the defensive 50.

ah i still remember the saints vs swans match that finished in a low scoring draw....wouldnt surprise me if that happened this week as well

wce06

HSC
looking forward to swans v port next round.
i think it might show quite a bit about where port are really at..

is2SWaNz

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
Do you mean like what Leo Barry and Nick Malscki provide? We do miss him but we do still have some of the elements he provided. Then again its pretty unfair to judge what our team is missing on one preformance.

I am expecting Sydney to beat the saints in a close match (maybe thats my bias) and the WCE will thump Geelong. I'm not saying Geelong are bad but whenever the Melbourne media get around a victorian side they always seem to collapse
Tadhg Kennelly does it better than Leo Barry and Nick Malceski. But, I agree, it is unfair to judge how our team performs after one match without Tadhg. It was early last year, and Tadhg was out for like 5 rounds? When he came back, IMO, I saw a different side. We lost 3 out of the 5 games without Tadhg (if I remember correctly).

I love the way Tadhg runs. You can sit on your ass and watch his irish run through the corridors, and dodging the players while at it. Leo Barry too, but he is usually a bit too risky sometimes. He dances with the ball, and thats usually considered as 'holding the ball' if he gets tackled.

Nick Malceski is still a young player and has so much to learn. I think with Tadhg out and injured, its sort of a good thing. Tadhg leaves us in 2009. Enough time for the Eski to gain more skills and stuff as a CHB. Nick Malceski can fill Tadhg's shoes when he leaves, but in the mean time, the Eski is still a learner. The Eski has so much potential! :thumbsu:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
another disappointing loss by the swans.
now surely we need kennelly to be back asap

adders

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
I am expecting Sydney to beat the saints in a close match (maybe thats my bias) and the WCE will thump Geelong. I'm not saying Geelong are bad but whenever the Melbourne media get around a victorian side they always seem to collapse
Good win by the swans eh gilbert, saints smashed them all round the park 'out-swanned' the swans, and mate west coast will not smash the cats, i'll be surprised if they win because the cattery is a fortress

GO THE CATS
btw i'm so happy swans lost, makes my weekend

Chris.

HSC
adders said:
Good win by the swans eh gilbert, saints smashed them all round the park 'out-swanned' the swans, and mate west coast will not smash the cats, i'll be surprised if they win because the cattery is a fortress

GO THE CATS
awwww.....stfu! :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Disappointing. We're struggling without the halfback dash of Kennelly. Power next week at SCG.

adders

HSC
Told u that the cats would beat the eagles at the cattery. Wat a solid win, kept them scoreless for almost 2 quarters.
btw how good was the demons - bulldogs match

Goooonman

HSC
(hope i didnt fuck that up.)

My sentiments exactly, I've given up hoping Essendon will win games to make me happy, now I just get happy when teams beat Sydney

Sadistic I know, but I really hate what Sydney has done to the AFL. Nevermind, it won them a premiership I guess.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Goooonman said:

My sentiments exactly, I've given up hoping Essendon will win games to make me happy, now I just get happy when teams beat Sydney

Sadistic I know, but I really hate what Sydney has done to the AFL. Nevermind, it won them a premiership I guess.
Sorry but what has sydney done to the AFL? apart from being the first club to move out of victoria, hence creating an expanding geographical league, hence creating the AFL.

Oh and Kenelly looks like he is coming back

HSC
Goooonman said:

Other teams arent forced to play like sydney... its their own choice. And please forgive them for using tactics that suit them to win games. Im pretty sure coaches like kevin sheedy come up with their own game plans...

:burn:
Finished my rant now.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sydney must win their vital game against port adelaide this week if they are any chance of playing their 3rd consecutive grand final....but first of all they have to make the top 8, and right now the job seems easier said than done

wce06

HSC
jemsta said:
sydney must win their vital game against port adelaide this week if they are any chance of playing their 3rd consecutive grand final....but first of all they have to make the top 8, and right now the job seems easier said than done
i agree. it's going to be a great game. swans will win though i reckon - they must be desperate for a win to keep up top-4 chances

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yep and itll be interesting to see how the team responds about spida's blunt criticism , especially the midfield, so expect the whole team to be firing.
i think port adelaide are a bit overrated than suggested, given their position on the ladder, but should be a great game nonetheless

Last edited:

wce06

HSC
yeah i dunno about port, i don't think they're as good as sydney,eagles or adelaide for that matter - and they won't go too far in september. but they'll win plenty of home&away games nonetheless.

Goooonman

HSC
What Kevin Sheedy does in his tactics is different. Even though he can be credited with I guess giving Sydney a jump start into their flooding, defensive tactics, the current style of play everywhere but Sydney is whats drawing 50,000 people a game to see something like Melbourne vs Bulldogs last week.

Sydney, who have made two GFs in a row, including winning one, still only pull 30,000 to each of their games despite being on a massive high for the past 3 or 4 years. Ask the majority of people in NSW what they think of AFL and they'll say it's scrappy, boring and tedious.

Sure it might win games, but in my opinion there should be laws to try and protect the game itself from turning into Rugby Union.

That's my rant - I'd rather see Essendon not make the eight for a few more years than see them play footy like Roos tells Sydney too.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
good to see the mighty cats running into some form, but who knows how long it will last :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)