The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

onur91

HSC
N/A
bahahahahahahahaha! Who could have seen that coming? The Swiss defence was pretty good, but I think the problem lay with the Spaniards poor finishes, example would be Villa. Wow can't believe the Swiss won with that retarded goal lol

LordPc

HSC
dominated possession and the game, had 24 shots but spain never looked like scoring at all.

good win for the swiss, that solid defensive record continues

shaon0

HSC
lol Spain played well but they're finishing was lacklustre to say the least.

shaon0

HSC
fuck i wish i can watch the world cup on espn instead >.<
ESPN is annoying. SBS is gun. btw, does anyone else think the SBS promo song is awesome catchy? "one world one game...let's all play some football"

Deathless

HSC
he's better than half of the brazilians who make the starting lineup..
pato's omission was the greater shock..
Ronaldinho has helped Brazil so much...
Ronaldinho is still better than most of the team...

IMO, I think he's still very skilful, just on thoese two reasons - he should be in the team. What's with the "new strategies"?

Deathless

HSC
I knew Spain would lose. Why did people even think they would win the world cup? A few good players don't mean anything. Spain has never won a world cup. It's not even came second or third before. Its only entered the semi-final ONCE. So why the fuck would they win the world cup now? It's a surprising defeat to Switzerland though...

I bet the winners of this year's world cup would either be: Argentinia, Uruguay/France (whoever wins), Brazil (I think they will "improve" as they progress) or Germany.

LordPc

HSC
problem with the spain match was that spain had too much possession. the result was that the swiss defence was too deep and so spain had to attack down the wings

if they let the swiss attack more, then when they regained possession, they would have had more space for through balls while the swiss were getting back into position.

onur91

HSC
N/A
I knew Spain would lose. Why did people even think they would win the world cup? A few good players don't mean anything. Spain has never won a world cup. It's not even came second or third before. Its only entered the semi-final ONCE. So why the fuck would they win the world cup now? It's a surprising defeat to Switzerland though...

I bet the winners of this year's world cup would either be: Argentinia, Uruguay/France (whoever wins), Brazil (I think they will "improve" as they progress) or Germany.
The reason people thought Spain might take the trophy is due to their astounding performance over the past few years. They have barely lost any matches, had a massive non-loss streak which was eventually faltered by the USA in the Confederations Cup. Also they won all of their matches during the qualifiers, and because they were the winners of Euro 2008. Since mid-2008, Spain has been ranked either 1st or 2nd in the world, switching with Brazil. So yeah, that's why most people have assumed they would lift the trophy above their heads.

HSC

hahaha yes because the fact that they havent won in completely different circumstances with completely different players against completely different opposition players matter so much

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

so you knew or it was surprising?

and you're tipping uaregay over of spain?

you're tripping homeboy. stop tripping

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Any team which leaves Fabregas on the bench doesn't just have 'a few good players'.

Deathless

HSC
The Euro means nothing -_- If it does, then Italy should be quite as good as Spain for this world cup (since they were on par)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)