The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Fast_heinz

HSC
Never pay heed to cricket rankings. A few years ago Vasbert Drakes was listed as the game's best bowler.

ramin_87

hey does anyone think that the Australian cricket team, in particular Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting intimidate umpires with their constant questioning of decisions, I haven't seen any other team do it. Also, do you think this leads to umpires making decisions that favour the Australian team, because of the constant pressure.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
eco_man said:
hey does anyone think that the Australian cricket team, in particular Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting intimidate umpires with their constant questioning of decisions, I haven't seen any other team do it. Also, do you think this leads to umpires making decisions that favour the Australian team, because of the constant pressure.
If theres a possibility of a wicket - you go up. Even Ricky says this. Guys like warnie are dangerous for every ball they bowl and yeah it does build pressure but its part of cricket. They dont intimidate as such, but it's within the law of the game to ask the umpire why he thought it was out and such. Those who think the Aussies are over the top, are just the whingers themselves. Ironic.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
500th POST

hmm... i dont think the aussies are overdoing it. but what i think they overdo especially warney appeal for fucken half an hour. now thats not necessary, a few seconds is more t han enough.

its not how many times you appeal, its how long you appeal for each one. ITs getting ridiculous and annoying for the umpire, you might as well give it out instead listening to this crap AHHHH HOWZAT! -you know. so in this way it is intimidating. the aussies have to shorter appeals.

500th POST -WHIPPEE

Last edited:

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HotShot said:
hmm... i dont think the aussies are overdoing it. but what i think they overdo especially warney appeal for fucken half an hour. now thats not necessary, a few seconds is more t han enough.

its not how many times you appeal, its how long you appeal for each one. ITs getting ridiculous and annoying for the umpire, you might as well give it out instead listening to this crap AHHHH HOWZAT! -you know. so in this way it is intimidating. the aussies have to shorter appeals.
I attribute that to umpires like Steve Bucknor and Billy Bowden who sometimes literally take 10 seconds to make a decision. They do have to factor many things to make the right decision (esp. lbws), but umpires 5+ years ago made the decision quickly without the waiting. Perhaps they're trying to add theatre to the game, but its the reason appeals are longer.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
I attribute that to umpires like Steve Bucknor and Billy Bowden who sometimes literally take 10 seconds to make a decision. They do have to factor many things to make the right decision (esp. lbws), but umpires 5+ years ago made the decision quickly without the waiting. Perhaps they're trying to add theatre to the game, but its the reason appeals are longer.
but compare how long an average an aussies appeal is to an south african one. there is at least a 5 second difference on average.

like for eg take warne.

warne appeals facing the batsman, -5 secs. ..turns around appeals at the umpire -5 secs, puts a strange face -5 secs -lol somethin like that

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Bookie said:
Went to the cricket today. And arent I happy to be a Saffa man :)

Andre Nel, I love thee.
i want to punch that man. annoys the hell out of me.

and you know who else? andrew symonds. wish he'd go back to one dayers, he aint a test player. (and before you cricket nerds start yelling at me that he saved australia in the 2nd test i maintain that was a fluke)

for gods sake the man looks like a clown

[/rant]

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
brogan77 said:
*tear* Born Dancer, you're like the perfect woman, everything you've said there I COMPLETELY agree with.
ahhh brogan. glad to see that someone agrees with me :rolleyes:

damn clown boy symonds *shakes fist*

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
bloody hell. dropping like flies.

damn clown boy symonds only getting 12. im telling you, he belongs in the circus!!!!

or in the one day team only, at least

otay

HSC
hmm i don't mind Nel as much anymore, especially after seeing how well he took the Hussey not out lbw, he was pissed yeah but he got on with it, fair game. Smith on the other hand was a little girl who (like Ponting in Ashes) had a fuckn teary. Hope Lee traps him LBW in first over 2morrow.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, its 1/4.

i reckon (approx scores) itll go like this
de villiers 1
G Smith 60
Gibbs 20
Kallis 20
prince 40
rudolph 40
pollock 30
boucher 10
botha 10
nel 10
langeveldt 5

which will give them about 240, giving them a lead of 330. Then we're set for Friday. I'll be going, members stand though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)