The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (6 Viewers)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm happy with a preseason cup.

But yes, the whole conmcept is gay. And the players cant take a game seriosuly. These guys are elite cricketers. Again, its fine as a one-off per series, but no fulltime commitments to this thing.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
I think for 2020, they should have international club competition.

Like all the states from around the world , form into groups and play these matches. Because its so short, u can get around 3 per day. then like super 14 or 12 the top team is declared the championship like.

group1
nsw
warwickshire
border
mumbai
barbados
etc
group2,3,4

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
stop your whinging about 20 / 20 cricket.
its a good form of entertainment which is what sport is. so stop your whinging, and next time you watch the game stop over analysing it!

vizman

HSC
its extrememly good for cricket. a family environment feel and for people with atttention spans not long enough for one dayers/ tests

vizman

HSC
oh not to mention how fun it is to see balls flying all over the place

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
brogan77 said:
Bozo the Clown and Marto must still think they're playing 20/20...goin pretty good smashing boundaries everywhere.
my only disappointment about the 20/20 match was that symonds didnt have "bozo the clown" or "golliwog" on the back of his jersey :(

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
brogan77 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that would've been orsum.

Clownboy > Symo

Symo...thats just such a lame nickname.
well he had roy.... not sure what that means, i didnt hear the leadup. but yeh. clown boy / bozo is so fitting.

GET A HAIR CUT YOU 6-HITTING CLOWN!!!!!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
brogan77 said:
ROY? WHAT THE FUCK?
Thats highly ghey...makes no sense...probably does...but I don't care, he'll always be clownboy to me.
me too brogan, me too.

GO BACK TO THE CIRCUS, CLOWN!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i would like to interrupt this thread to point out the scariness of murali's eyes.

-Lauren. bringing the seriousness into cricket threads-

:p

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
brogan77 said:
Hahaha, my dad and I were talking about it last night...its like he's trying to push the eyeballs out of his socket to make the ball go faster!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH, make it stop!

Best.Description.Ever:
A notable feature of Muralitharan is his unique run-up action of "flapping wings" resembling the flapping wings of a chicken and bulging eyes, in which the latter adds a somewhat painful look to his highly effective bowling.

those eyes that pop out of the sockets are like a man possessed by the devil. THE DEVIL I TELLS YA!!!!!!!!!!!

baahahahaha <3 that description

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
brogan77 said:
Hahaha, my dad and I were talking about it last night...its like he's trying to push the eyeballs out of his socket to make the ball go faster!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH, make it stop!

Best.Description.Ever:
A notable feature of Muralitharan is his unique run-up action of "flapping wings" resembling the flapping wings of a chicken and bulging eyes, in which the latter adds a somewhat painful look to his highly effective bowling.
one of the best posts i've read in ages.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
yeah the batsmen are probably distracted by his eyes. I would be.

is there some sort of rule for intimidation in cricket? like in netball, the defender isnt allowed to wave their hands in your eyes, and stuff like that.

bahaha the new age of cricket where batsmen start yelling "AHH HE'S STARING AT ME!!"

wouldnt that be entertaining :rolleyes: :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
brogan77 said:
If this chick did, I'd probably crumble into a blubbering mess..GOO GOO GAJAB:
ive got teh video of her poppin her eyes out on Guiness...freaky

Back on topic...i hope the Sth Africans win today to keep the series interesting...so disappointed with Sri Lanka

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Setchaba Sa SouthAfrica. Fuck, Ihope they do something, but without Ntini and Nel, theyre pretty shit. Mind you, Kruger and Zondeki seem incredibly capable. Lets just hope Dipenaar gets into form and Graeme Smith hits a 100 like he has of recent times. Any news on the Kempmeister anyone? He was, for mine, tied with Yuvraj for ODI player of the year 2005.

@ Lauren, Brogan - I think that Roy is meant to be a case of the Freddie Fittlers, where they started calling him Roy at training by mistake or something

Fast_heinz

HSC
As much as I want them to, South Africa pretty much can't win. The wicked ODI pace quartet of Pollock, Ntini, Nel and Langeveldt...well, only Pollock will be playing of them.

Kemp will bat but not bowl, meaning Kallis, who clearly hates bowling, will have to roll his arm over. It is true that Kemp was outstanding in 2005, I remember the wonderful six hitting contests between him and Pietersen when England toured SA.

Symonds was called 'Roy' initially by his father, after 'Roy of the Rovers', some comic book hero for an unknown reason.

If only we could have a replica of that superb VB series a while ago with NZ and SA (where Bond tore through Australia over and over again). Not only because Australia didnt make the final :D, but because the the matches were incredibly close and exciting.

On a sidenote, anyone been keeping up to date with Pak/Ind. The pakistani middle order is in unbelievable form...I watched mohammed yousuf's 200 on fox against england, but unfortunately this series isnt shown.

Fast_heinz

HSC
2/4, Katich gone. As happy as I am, I'm never optimistic. I know Australia have the batting depth to still get 280+. Even if they get skittled for <200, McGrath and Lee will probably tear through SA.

I know its pessimistic, but its happeened so often before.

Fast_heinz

HSC
I know, but I've had my cricketing hopes shattered by them so many times that I'm more careful when to celebrate now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)