The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, at 6/71 I wouldve expected a total of 180.

Not to happen.

A Hussey/Lee or Hussey/Bracken partnership was always on the cards so I'm not surprised.

Lee = sylvester stallowned by kallis

229.....Gettable, hopefully Smith and Dipenaar will start off well, then they should stick Hall in at 3. Then the rest.

Jimmy_B

HSC
mike hussey, i want to have your babies. what a fucken catch that was.....

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Anyone following Pakis vs India? Some outrageous run scoring going on.

Pakis 7 dec 679
Younis Khan 199
Afridi 103 off 80 with six 6's
Mohamed yousef 173 off 199
kamran Akmal 102 off 81

India 0 / 145 off 28 overs
Sehwag 96 not out off 89 balls with TWENTY boundaries. that is nuts.

beabenn

tambourine man
HSC
copious said:
Anyone following Pakis vs India? Some outrageous run scoring going on.
Pakis 7 dec 679
Younis Khan 199
Afridi 103 off 80 with six 6's
Mohamed yousef 173 off 199
kamran Akmal 102 off 81
India 0 / 145 off 28 overs
Sehwag 96 not out off 89 balls with TWENTY boundaries. that is nuts.
yeah, gaddafi stadium at lahore = bowler's graveyard
akmal's ton is the fastest for wicketkeeper batsman...81 balls is pretty quick
on a sidenote I think astle holds both the fastest century and double century records
afridi belted 4 consecutive sixes off h singh 27 off his over...1 short of Lara's record.
What a dodgy match..it will end up a draw

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
beabenn said:
yeah, gaddafi stadium at lahore = bowler's graveyard
akmal's ton is the fastest for wicketkeeper batsman...81 balls is pretty quick
on a sidenote I think astle holds both the fastest century and double century records
afridi belted 4 consecutive sixes off h singh 27 off his over...1 short of Lara's record.
What a dodgy match..it will end up a draw
Thats right mate, the might astle against England a few years back. I think he was on drugs or something he went crazy and got his double in like 150 balls.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
HAHAHHAHAHAH>>>AUSTRALIA LOSE!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:
WOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
btw, hussey just made it look hard....it was simple as
symonds...cant field when the goin gets tough (2 misfields that went for 4)
lee cant bowl for shit " " (17 runs off the final over)
ponting - cant captain for shit when the goin gets tough (5 runs 2 win and he doesnt bring th efield up)
clarke and martyn r just shit
mcgrath cant ball for shit and has no idea that he should retire (let Doorey hav a go!)
HEALY cant commentate for shit ...(SAY something we dont knoe!!! - "great timing", when a 4 is hit...well DURRR!!)
katich is cool..he's shown his class, so it wasnt his fault 2day

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
funnybunny said:
HAHAHHAHAHAH>>>AUSTRALIA LOSE!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:
WOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
btw, hussey just made it look hard....it was simple as
symonds...cant field when the goin gets tough (2 misfields that went for 4)
lee cant bowl for shit " " (17 runs off the final over)
ponting - cant captain for shit when the goin gets tough (5 runs 2 win and he doesnt bring th efield up)
clarke and martyn r just shit
mcgrath cant ball for shit and has no idea that he should retire (let Doorey hav a go!)
HEALY cant commentate for shit ...(SAY something we dont knoe!!! - "great timing", when a 4 is hit...well DURRR!!)
katich is cool..he's shown his class, so it wasnt his fault 2day
mate you got no idea what so ever.

funnybunny

HSC
MATE...i was JOKING<...LOL, but sum of it is true, esp my healy comment
(ill just put it up again for ur reading pleasure)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
copious said:
Agree with Healy, he can get pretty biased.
I really can't stand Healy, i have to put the TV on mute...ive tried listening to his shit, but i jsut can't. His commentary is unbearable.

RE: India vs Paki, at least India won't lose...we need to win/draw the series to maintain a decent ranking...

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Isn't it beautiful?

Sechaba sa South Africa!

Great game from the boys.
Pollock no doubt the worlds best player imo, great game, wanted to see him bat though.
Boucher, great man, probably deserved the mom more than Pollock, but shouldnt be too disappointed with his effort.
Kempmeister, coming back to his stellar 2005 form, what a great over he hit Lee was.
Hendrik Human Dipenaar - I'm really amazed as to how his average is 45, thats INCREDIBLE for an ODI opener with a fair few games.
Smith, Kallis and the rest were shit.
For the bowling, I'm impressed by Zondeki, Kruger and Hall, who all backed up well.

Can you imagine Australias pWn4ge if the bowling attack was Pollock, Ntini, Nel, Langeveldt?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Australia is gonna get rape when pakistan and india come down or up for a tri series before the champion's trophy.

One again i will reinforce that husseys catch was easy. Compare it to collingwood's or ponting catches, this was nothinf.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, australia will rape pakistan and india if they came down here.

pakistan is shit, and india cant bowl.

however, on the subcontinent, the contest would be fairly even as they all have comptetent batting lineups.

and husseys catch was excellent. one of the best. you have no fucking idea mate.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
funnybunny said:
i hate most of the tv commentators. ohh slats is ok, but the others annoy me. greig and chappell are still living THEIR glory days, and taylor is so damn boring.

listen to kerry o keefe on abc radio. god damn legend that bloke. with a classic laugh.

funnybunny

HSC
The Official Cricket Thread

hey,
i found this article on the net..it has sum interesting points on illegal actions and the influence of politics on cricket

The fastest legal bowlers in the world
Nehra - 2nd fastest
Nehra - 2nd fastest
By Anil - 11 March, 2003 - March 14 2003

The pleasant surprise of the ongoing Cricket World Cup from an Indian point of view is not that Sachin Tendulkar has confirmed his status as the best batsman in the world, but that India's trio of fast bowlers is the fastest legal bowling attack in the world. :

During this 2003 World Cup, Shoaib Akhtar of Pakistan sent down the fastest delivery ever recorded in cricket: a 161.3 Kph or 100.2 mph thunderbolt, the second time he has broken the 100 mph barrier, standing alone as the 100 mph man of cricket, while Brett Lee of Australia followed him closely at 160.7/99.8 mph -- frustratingly close but not across the 100 mph mark.

However, both of these bowlers are widely suspected of throwing or "chucking": using an action which is illegal based on the rules of the game. Both have been reported to the ICC by umpires for improper actions, but unfortunately both have been allowed to continue bowling after a brief period of time in which they were supposed to have worked on and corrected their action. Due to a variety of political forces within the ICC, they have not been called by officials since, although it is clear to most cricket fans that their actions have become more ragged than ever in the quest for speed in the premiere 4-yearly tournament, now ongoing in South Africa, one of the best places in the world to bowl fast due to its thinner atmosphere and bouncy pitches. Both these bowlers will be past their prime (at least in terms of speed) in the next World Cup.

To those that ever harbored doubts about the legality of Shoaib's action, his delivery to dismiss Sachin Tendulkar in the game against India eliminated all such doubts, a throw shocking in its blatantness. Lee's delivery to Sri Lankan captain Sanath Jayasuriya which injured his forearm and forced him to retire from the game was a similarly obvious chuck. Jermaine Lawson of the West Indies, a young up and coming bowler who has been clocked at a high speed of 95.2 mph, is also suspected of chucking by observers and experts. The world's top spinner, rated by Wisden as the best ever bowler in Test cricket, Muthiah Muralitharan has also been accused by some of chucking, however, in his case the action does not affect the speed ratings as he is not a fast bowler.

Although the actions of all of these bowlers have been publicly questioned by many, the ICC has been reluctant to taken any action -- the sort of politically motivated inaction from the world's governing body that most cricket fans are accustomed to, and frustrated with, by now. A Sri Lankan bowler, Suresh Perera, was banned from bowling last year after an outcry over his action by English media and TV commentators, and remedial action ordered, but he has not made a re-appearance for his team since.

Here then are the fastest bowlers in the world with legal actions, based on the most current speeds recorded in the 2003 World Cup:

1. Shane Bond, New Zealand: 153.4 Kph / 95.3 mph
2. Ashish Nehra, India: 149.7 Kph / 93.0 mph
3. Makhaya Ntini, South Africa: 149.4 Kph / 92.8 mph
4. Jason Gillespie, Australia: 148.3 Kph / 92.1 mph
5. Dilhara Fernando, Sri Lanka: 147.9 Kph / 91.9 mph
6. Zaheer Khan, India: 147.4 Kph / 91.6 mph

A pleasant surprise to most Indian cricket followers is that the team with the fastest attack comprising strike bowlers with legal actions is India's pace trio Ashish Nehra, Zaheer Khan, and Javagal Srinath. And this is not counting Ajit Agarkar, on the bench for India through all the games so far, another bowler who sends down 145+ Kph zingers. Australia's Lee would be replaced by Glenn McGrath, and Pakistan's Shoaib by Mohammed Sami, neither of whom exceed the 140 Kph mark on a consistent basis.

Few had expected India to top the fast bowling averages in this Cup. However, seeing how this attack has combined to give India a lethal strike force resulting in an unprecedented string of victories in the World Cup, combined with its powerful and acknowledged best batting lineup, it would not be surprising to see India overtake or at least challenge Australia for the top spot in one-day international cricket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)