• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_87

HSC
Or not Jimmy!

BJ - Talk it up for Chelski, Citeh, the Gooners and the Scousers (the red ones of course)!

And write off Man Utd!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
Awesome at kicking players off the field and diving left, right and centre, yeah :p

It was a result I pretty much expected from the outset. We've played something like 5 games in the past 2 weeks and a scrap against a physical team like Bolton at the end of it was always going to be tough. Thank god it's January, I don't think Hyypia has it in him to handle too many more games before he falls over and never gets back up again. Luton will give us a chance to rest a few players next week and we'll have everyone fresh and ready to go against Spurs the week after. No worries.
Whatever gets the job done :p
I said it would be a scoring draw before the match, finally said 1-1. Pretty close prediction

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
nedzelic said:
yeah he is a better defensive midfielder han lampard/gerrad, purely b/c they are both very attcking. but i would still say that when england play with one holding midfielder (as both lampard and gerrard have played as) they are both still better at that position than smith. for me, england should have parker or hargreaves in there
It had to be you to take the bait didn't you... really....

Even as a manc, i reckon Gerard is class and would be the second name on the england team sheet (after roonaldo of course).

johnny_87

HSC
How do you think Sven will play the midfield then Ryddecker? If I was in charge I'd probably go for Gerrard on the right, Parker in the holding role, Lampard as attacking mid and J Cole on the left. Obviously that won't happen, so it'll be interesting to see how he picks it seeing as Beckham is captain.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Yea, as if Sven would be that creative.

Im a bit miffed when people say Becks should clear out of the English XI. Hes the best right sided mid they have. Not only that, hes been good for Madrid, from the games Ive seen hes been the biggest attacking threat from the midfield, (but maybe this is perhaps due to Madrid playing lacklustre football) I think people are too quick to write him off nowadays. Anyway, id play SWP there before moving Gerrard to the right. The wings arent the problem that England has now. When Sven figures out how to structure his centre midfield, then England would be able to mount a serious attempt at lifting the cup.

Im a bit surprised that Cassano looks headed for Madrid- he would be better served staying in Italy. And how many more strikers does Perez want?

^___^
HSC
my thoughts too

Becks can deliver quality long balls for rooney and owen(and later for crouch)
this can be a very good tactics to used against slower defence team for counters...

probably the biggest dilemma sven faces is how to fit his central defenders...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
SWP hasnt even played 90 mins for Chelsea yet, even though I rate him I doubt he would be a starter for England? If its 4-4-2 it might be the textbook cole, gerrard, lamps, becks. I dunno about Parker, he hasnt played much this season and I would be pushing Carrick for a place.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
What about Nolan, he's doing well enough to earn himself a fringe spot.

And I forgot about the centre backs... terry and carragher for me. As much as I think Sol deserves a spot, hes a player that gives his best for his country, terry and carragher are the two best CB's. But forget about Rio.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
But forget about Rio.
i dont think anyone in this forum belives his place at manyoo = greatness :/

why i loved Keanes comment...which manyoo dint :p

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Yeah, i actually considered including Keanos quote. So now ill add it for effect

"Just because you earn 120000 pounds a week and play well for 20 minutes against Bolton, you think you are a superstar"

Or something like that.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
either way

how wouldnt this work

cole, lampard/gerrard, Parker, Gerrard/lampard, SWP/Beckham

and nolan, is he a holding/DM? or attacking? i never seem to watch him :/

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
From what ive seen Nolan is an attacking mid, he's scored a fair few goals this season. Danny Murphy was in contention for a spot but he's fell into a piece of shit of a form slump these last couple of games.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
johnny_87 said:
How do you think Sven will play the midfield then Ryddecker? If I was in charge I'd probably go for Gerrard on the right, Parker in the holding role, Lampard as attacking mid and J Cole on the left. Obviously that won't happen, so it'll be interesting to see how he picks it seeing as Beckham is captain.
Becks on the right, Gerard as a centre-mid, Lampard pretty much playing in the whole behind Rooney and Owen, Downing as left-wing...... as to whether playing a 5 or 4 man midfield (i.e. holding role or not) would depend on the opposition. For the group stage, against Sweden, i would play the 3-man defense (Rio, Terry and Neville), with a playing in a holding role (which at the moment Alan Smith is looking like a very worthy candidate for, he has been performing well in that position for Man Utd).... while against Trinidad and Paraguay, 4-man defense, 4-man midfield, with Rooney playing a bit behind Owen.

Yes i would play Rio, and i would play Downing before Joe Cole as well.... maybe i'm a little biased towards Mr. Downing.... i would also play Carragher as left-back instead of Ashley Cole though.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Thought so, I just struggle to see the connection between you and a mid table Dutch club. Oh, and seeing as we are in the "getting to know you" mood, I am half Scottish, a quarter Irish, and the rest is mainly English except my great great grandfather was Chinese. Hehe, my great great grandmother was from a rich English family, but got the shits with them and apparently said that the first man she saw on her twenty first birthday she would marry. So she ran away with this Chinese guy and they both set up a store in Crookwell. So Ive got quite the background.
LoL now thatz interestin.

Arsenal played a full strength squad against Villa on NYE, while Man Utd rested RVN and Scholes I think. Whatever the case it should be a good game, wit Man U comin out on top. 3-1 our way. :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well Sven has come out and said that he wants to find a DM for the World Cup. At the moment I think the best candidate is Ledley King, simply because he's done it extremely well for England before. I think this 3-4-3 is very worth trying out.

--------------Owen
--------Rooney---Lampard
Cole--------Gerrard---------Beckham
------------------------------------------
---------------King
----Carra---Terry----Neville
-------------Robinson

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
That's a good point, I simply forgot about him. Ditch Rio and slot in Neville then.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Happy new year guys! I haven't posted here in quite a while. I'm looking forward to the big game tomorrow ( Man Utd v Arsenal) but I don't have foxtel where i'm staying at the moment. Can any of you guys provide a link to the match. Thanks :) .

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Downing hasnt played all season, but i think he'll do well regardless. I would have :

--------------Owen
--------Rooney---Lampard
Cole--------Gerrard---------Beckham
------------------------------------------
---------------Carrick
----Carra---Terry----Neville
-------------Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)