• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
And Julio Baptista, thatz 5.

Oh the Ronaldo miss, he had a pretty good game other than that. Oh well the title will no doubt be Chelseaz, unless they can lose it like Newcastle back a decade ago.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
the saudis might miss out on this one. but we've got a breezy group. aus v lebanon should be fun...
Top two teams qualify for the Asian Cup.. i guess the Lebanon game won't be played in Sydney then? :)

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Top two teams qualify for the Asian Cup.. i guess the Lebanon game won't be played in Sydney then? :)

Ohh why not I live in the 'gong it will be eas... OH I see

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
City vs Spurs should be a good game. I like both teams, but I want City to win so Bolton can close the gap. And also because Stuart Pearce is one of the greatest managers ever

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
... said:
eh

Real now has how many forwards??

ronaldo
robinho
raul
cassano

?
and also Javier Portillo? or did he do the smart thing and leave already.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Expect a Real forward to head the other way in the northern summer, just like every year it seems that strikers go through a revolving door with this club. Im guessing it could be Raul.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
I think our main obstacle in the Asian Cup qualifiers is Bahrain, but nethertheless the lads should not take any of the teams lightly.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Expect a Real forward to head the other way in the northern summer, just like every year it seems that strikers go through a revolving door with this club. Im guessing it could be Raul.
Raul is never going to leave Real, the fans love him to much to allow him to leave. A couple of defenders will leave knowing Real's logic.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Thats what they said about the ManU fans and Keano and Becks, but look what happened. and the situation at Real is so unstable, with players going here and there, who knows? Raul is getting on, and the other strikers are young guns, so thats how people may look at it. Perhaps I may say different after June, but i think Rauls best football is behind him.

And the Asian nations Cup draw went our way, yet theres no way we will underestimate these teams with Guus and Lowy and O'Neill at the helm.... touch wood.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Personally I think if Real fail to win any substantial honours (2nd in the league, semis of the CL), Perez is out of there. Once he's gone, you'll be looking at a whole new club. The Samba boys would be out on their asses for starters.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I think when the president of the club has more choice of which players enter the squad than the manager, theres a problem. Its almost the same situation at Tynecastle, with Romanov.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Real needs someone like Alan Pardew to take over :p

Anyway, we definately got a favourable draw in the asia qualf. however, I'd be interested to see the squad which will be picked. Maybe David Carney will get his chance to shine.

Jimmy_B

HSC
withoutaface: you might have to change that av by the end of the season. henry will be well off that sinking ship by then ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Henry will play for arsenal until he's dead.
EDIT: And siff Barca need him anyway.

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
gotta hope he signs that new contract though eh? barca might not need him, but which team wouldn't want him?

Jimmy_B

HSC
except for fat ronnie, he's better than all their other strikers. i'm sure if he doesn't sign a new deal they'll be in like a fox for him. him and dinho are the two most ready-made "galacticos" out there right now.

but i wouldnt worry if he leaves, arsenals major problem these days is their team is getting a bit too soft. they should seriosuly sign a couple of big nasty motherfukcer midfielders and defenders to get back to where they were a couple of seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)