• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
mine:

gk: robinson

rb: g.neville
cb: carragher
cb: terry
lb: cole (if he recovers)

rm: beckham
dm: gerrard
cm: lampard
lm: j.cole

st: rooney (on a freerole behind another st)
st: owen

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I dunno about Carrick as a DM. His defending seems to be comparable to Alonso's to me, and I'm not sure if that's enough protection for the back 3.

Happy new year Matt :)

If I had adsl where I lived, I'd watch it on pplive. It's on Guangdong Sports and Shanghai Sports (Chinese commentary though). Once you download it, you'll have some trouble finding those 2 channels because the program is unreadable except with Chinese Windows XP. Find the channel from this program list and you should have the game up and running pretty soon. Take some time to fiddle with it beforehand though, because it's pretty tricky the first time you use it.

http://www.pplive.com/en/programlist.shtml

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
--------------Owen
--------Rooney---Lampard
Cole--------Gerrard---------Beckham
------------------------------------------
---------------King
----Carra---Terry----Neville
-------------Robinson

That is a good formation when you are playing against a team who pump long balls or who don't have great wide players. However, against a team with quick wide players, that formation will be useless.

If they go for the 4-4-2 with a holding player (Parker probably, as he has performed very well for Newcastle. King could replace him if he gets suspended), then they can't leave Gerrard out - even though he's a scouser he's quality. The question is who?

IF I employed that formation, I'd only change one position - the holding role. Seeing as Rio has come back to form lately, I'd be hard pressed to leave him out of the team. I'd have:

--------------Owen
--------Rooney---Lampard
Cole--------Gerrard---------Beckham
------------------------------------------
---------------Parker
----Carra---Terry----Neville
-------------Robinson

King hasn't had enough experience in the role and when England break down an opponent's attack, they will need someone who can distribute the ball quickly and effectively. That person also needs to be able to set the tempo for the attack - either by playing a short ball to one of the mids ahead, or by playing a long ball up front. In my opinion, that person should be Parker. He was great at Charlton and has rediscovered that form at Newcastle.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Benny_ said:
I dunno about Carrick as a DM. His defending seems to be comparable to Alonso's to me, and I'm not sure if that's enough protection for the back 3.

Happy new year Matt :)

If I had adsl where I lived, I'd watch it on pplive. It's on Guangdong Sports and Shanghai Sports (Chinese commentary though). Once you download it, you'll have some trouble finding those 2 channels because the program is unreadable except with Chinese Windows XP. Find the channel from this program list and you should have the game up and running pretty soon. Take some time to fiddle with it beforehand though, because it's pretty tricky the first time you use it.

http://www.pplive.com/en/programlist.shtml
Should we be able to see those channels now, or will they only become visible just before the game?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Should we be able to see those channels now, or will they only become visible just before the game?
do any of you guys know if there are easier to use channels. Thanks guys.
....and go Man Utd!!!!!!!!! :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cristiano Ronaldo was at the top of his game against Bolton on the weekend...scoring 2 goals and hitting the uprights twice. He will once again terrorise the Arsenal defence tomorrow. I bet Lauren is already having nightmares about him! :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you want to watch the match, google and download "tvkoo!" and go to shanghai sports. Even that shouldn't be too hard for a utd simpleton such as yourself ;)

EDIT: It's running pretty shit at the moment, but as it gets closer to the match more people will come on and it should get better.

EDIT: or for english commentary go to http://www.sopcast.org, get the program, then go to http://www.sopcast.org/channel/ and click espn

Last edited:

nedzelic

HSC
johnny_87 said:
and their bench/reserve defenders (such as Josemi and Traore) are shit (it's why Sevilla only offered 700,000 pounds for Josemi)..
well josemi plays for the yellow submarines so he won't be troubling ya

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
matt#1 said:
Cristiano Ronaldo was at the top of his game against Bolton on the weekend...scoring 2 goals and hitting the uprights twice. He will once again terrorise the Arsenal defence tomorrow. I bet Lauren is already having nightmares about him! :)
Haha, Ronaldo missed an absolute gimme off van Nistelrooy's rebound.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Didnae watch the game, was it a let-down or the exciting edge-of-your-seat type nil all draw?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Didnae watch the game, was it a let-down or the exciting edge-of-your-seat type nil all draw?
It was pretty crap, not much action near the goals at all.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
I woke up at 8 n caught the 2nd half (I had set the alarm to watch it, but went back to sleep) I thought both sides were extremely unlucky to score, the defense held up for both sides. As a Man U fan, I am a bit disappointed we didnt win, as we needed the three to have any chance of catching up to Chelsea. I would of been extremely pissed at Rooney if he was marched for that handball!!!

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
The Manyoo V Arse game was pretty dull, or maybe it was cause i only had 2 hours sleep that it seemed that way. Ronoaldo by far had the best chance and messed it up, oh well Chelsea's lead grows. Also can't wait for the Spurs game, extend the gap between them and the Arse.. unfortuantly 5 starters including King and Davids aren't playin should be a tough game.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeah, planning to watch the Spurs game tomorrow

hopefully better than the manyooarse game

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
They probably will, Tottenham will struggle, but I would hope they can manage at least a point, keep ahead of the Arse.

Jimmy_B

HSC
that was the tamest arsenal v united game i've ever seen. what a let-down.

also, asian cup qualifiers draw is out:

Group A
Japan
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
India

Group B
Iran
Korea Republic
Syria
Chinese Taipei

Group C
Jordan
Oman
UAE
Pakistan

Group D
Bahrain
Kuwait
Lebanon
Australia

Group E
China
Iraq
Singapore
Palestine

Group F
Uzbekistan
Qatar
Hong Kong
Bangladesh

the saudis might miss out on this one. but we've got a breezy group. aus v lebanon should be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)