The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Drogba in an interview:
"Sometimes I dive, sometimes I stand."
5 secs later:
"No, I don't dive."

- L1n -

HSC
Drogba is trash out of all the strikers can afford, they buy drogba??? Does roman know anything about football. 24 mil i would of added 10 more and try get adriano. As if Roamn cna't afford it anyway heck i don't even know why chelsea has crespo, Crespo isn't made for the english game. No respect for Drogba from me.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4819946.stm

Here you go LMF

My god I hadn't seen this interview in full myself. The guy's obviously trying to toe the Mourinho line and failing miserably. Here's a transcript of it for people who don't have real player.

Interviewer: What about your goal today, the first one at least, you must have enjoyed that?

Drogba: Yeah I feel good since a few weeks, since I come back from African Nation Cup. I want play I want to enjoy, so I'm very happy to be on the pitch so I give everything.

Interviewer: The second goal looked like a handball, was it?

Drogba: Yeah it is, but you know it's a part of the game, you know? If Man City score like this, because everybody want to make something.. a big mess about CHelsea because.. ha.. I dunno I dunno why.

Interviewer: But do you understand when you get criticised, we see things in the game, you yourself have been under scrutiny recently for things people have been critical of, do you understand that criticism?

Drogba: I understand, and I think it's because we are the best.

Interviewer: But yourself, you personally, there have been accusations of cheating, of diving, how do you react to that?

Drogba: Uh you know.. huh..sometimes I dive, sometimes I stay up. You know uh.. I don't care about this.. in football you can't stay up everytime, so they people who are criticising me, they have to come on the pitch and we see if they dive or not.

Interviewer: But do you think it's acceptable, that you admit that you dive, do you think that's an acceptable part of the game, yeah?

Drogba: I don't dive. I play my game.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't think Drogba understood what the interviewer said very well, especially the one about the criticism of him and the team. I think he didn't know what he waz sayin.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Reading are already promoted, they have nothin to play fo against Leeds. I hope you guys get promoted, so we can thump you back down there next season. :)
Eh, the Whites have a pretty good record against Man Utd for the last few seasons that they were in the Premier League.

If they hadn't been destroyed by disgusting management, the club wouldn't have gotten itself into such a mess debt-wise.

And if that hadn't happened (that is, they had stayed free of debt problems and been managed by a competent CEO etc), Leeds would still be near the top of the Premier League.

Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka would still be playing for them, too. So too Ferdinand, Bowyer etc :p

Leeds also had a knack of producing England's best keepers. Martyn and Robinson both played for the Whites.

Ahh, we had a top squad in 00/01 and 01/02 .. Champions League semi-finals was something to be proud of.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Juventus played amazingly poor, fuckin the forwardz didn't do anythin all night. The got owned in midfield and owned in defence by Arsenalz pace. Itz amazing how they can do so well in Italy after watchin that shithouse performance. Arsenal iz all but through to the semi fo the first time.

Surprisingly too on the other game, Barca were kept scoreless. Hm...

Oh and about Leeds, it waz the Champz League that got yo chairman got hyped up and hence fucked up the club. Thinkin about the playerz we have who have played fo Leeds, Smith and Rio. Liam Miller iz doin alright there I heard, hope he can help you guyz get promoted.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Neh, Juventus is actually slipping a little in the Serie A now. They're starting to turn to shit at the wrong end of the season just as Milan are coming good.

Jimmy_B

HSC
this is a nightmare. no vieira,camorenasi,zebina for the second leg. and del piero might not make it. if those horrible cunts get one in turin then juve need 4 to go through against a team who's kept 7 clean sheets in a row. oh fuck :(

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
This time last season Juve lost to the eventual champions 2-1 at Anfield, so they only needed a 1-0 at the Delle Alpi to progress...but they couldnt even do that.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Arsenal 2 Juventus 0
Arsenal played brilliant, just a joy to watch them play football.
Campbell, Lauren and Cole due back soon, but the younsters have been absolutely sensational, in particular Eboue, and this morning Toure made some great tackles.
Totally dominated the midfield and Henry was sensational ... that run toward the end with the change of pace made me laugh, he makes it look so easy ...
Arsenal just frustrated Juve with their style, were just too cool, they cant take it
Seeing Arsenal playing this morning makes me want to start playing again
Oh and seeing the highlights, it would appear Barca should of won by atleast 3, Benfica are well drilled at their long shots, a couple of good efforts, but thats about all they can rely on.
Inter Villareal i think should be a one sided contest, but we'll see.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The statz from the Arse game reflected their total dominance in the game, 17 shotz to 5 or somethin. Juvez midfield are screwed witout Nedved, and Camoranesi just fucked himself over by gettin sent off, which looked very likely after committin so many foulz and waz lucky not to get booked earlier. The only person who actually did so somethin fo Juve in the game waz Buffon, and he just did what he could do. Passez were all over the place, I don't think they even won a corner until the 80th min.

Inter and Villareal should be a good game, but I'll turn to watch Lyon play Milan.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I wonder how many people will actually turn out at the Stadio Delle Alpi to cheer on Juve come next week. It's pretty sad for one of Europe's great teams to be incapable mustering enough support for any advantage at home, I suspect that's part of the reason why they weren't able to get that 1 goal at Turin against the Reds last year.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Good to see Ruud back in the thick of thingz, now only 9 pointz behind the kuntz. They still have gamez at Bolton and Blackburn, and also a game against uz so you never know what can happen, although we too do have Bolton and Tottenham away.

What a game at the San Siro, Stankovicz second assist waz brilliant. Rarely do I see Inter play like that.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Good to see Ruud back in the thick of thingz..
Yes, he mishit his shot, and it luckily (for him) snuck into the far corner.

Another six yard screamer for the Dutchman.

- L1n -

HSC
hmmm the inter performance is not what u call great, it's probably average, even the commentors agreed it wasn't too crash hot. A 3-1 margin would be more favourable, considering it was a away goal, anything can happen in spain, anyways these days 1 goal cushion is nothing in champions league knockout phrase. To tell u the truth i think Villa is gonna beat them at home and make the next stage. Hopefully lyon beats milan as well lol.

- L1n -

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Yes, he mishit his shot, and it luckily (for him) snuck into the far corner.

Another six yard screamer for the Dutchman.
A goal is a goal end of the day it's goals that wins matches. I rather a striker who cna only score 6 yards constantly then someone who cna dribble a whole team and screw up the finish. lol Ruuds not so bad, his just ur typical Gunner type, eg Vieri, Trezcrapget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)