• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
timlay said:
Man Utd 25 60
Chelsea 26 57

:( i don't like thissss. the gap looks so small!! :( . cross my fingers and hope we winnnn.

looked tight first half... good 4-0 win in the end. :)

should look like this now aye? :)

Man Utd 26 63
Chelsea 26 57
Close title races are the best. You'll only realise how good they are when your team has a season where they're out of it in December.

You probably shouldn't even worry about it, Chelsea look so ragged right now, if they hadn't had such a ridiculously good set of draws in the cups their season would've been over by now.

^___^
HSC
its going to get closer, as Chelski have a better draw running in, and Utd have harder away games (evident when we were gunning it at the start of the season)
but our squad is fresh, our attack didn't really suffer with the lost of Saha

we just need a few replacement during the close season in the midfield (an attacking mid will be nice to replace scholes)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Good 2nd half United, started by a typical Ronaldo earned penalty
I think there was contact, Malbranque didn't protest at all, only Lee did. And when you look at the way Berbatov dove in an attempt to win a penalty you just get to see that Ronaldo isn't just the only one. He's just being unfairly targeted. Ask Sheffield Utd and Milan about Gerrard being a diver.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bazookajoe said:
How can you criticise? Diouf's the biggest cheating cunt in the land and yet we've never heard you complain about him?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Everyone seems to be blowing the whole 'diving' incident way out of proportion. There was definite contact made on Ronaldo before he went down and its not like that one decision resulted in Spurs losing. Man United completely outplayed them in the second half and deservedly went on to score 3 more goals. Ronaldo had another awesome game and also went on to set up Scholesy for the 3rd goal. It is only jealousy that stops people like yourself from recognising him for the awesome talent that he is.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
Everyone seems to be blowing the whole 'diving' incident way out of proportion. There was definite contact made on Ronaldo before he went down and its not like that one decision resulted in Spurs losing. Man United completely outplayed them in the second half and deservedly went on to score 3 more goals. Ronaldo had another awesome game and also went on to set up Scholesy for the 3rd goal. It is only jealousy that stops people like yourself from recognising him for the awesome talent that he is.
This Ronaldo diving thing mirrors what happened to Pires after the Portsmouth game. Pires was the form player in England, the season before and Arsenal were playing their best football, and now Ronaldo is probably the form player in Europe and United are going to win the title.

The press love kicking the big-time foreigners and now United fans can see how cunty the whole Pires smear campaigns were. You should be happy you guys are becoming the number one target again, it shows you're doing well.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
This Ronaldo diving thing mirrors what happened to Pires after the Portsmouth game. Pires was the form player in England, the season before and Arsenal were playing their best football, and now Ronaldo is probably the form player in Europe and United are going to win the title.

The press love kicking the big-time foreigners and now United fans can see how cunty the whole Pires smear campaigns were. You should be happy you guys are becoming the number one target again, it shows you're doing well.
Ronaldo's case is much worse than Pires', due to the incident at the World Cup. The English will always remain bitter about that.

I don't think we are the no. one target for the press atm, they can still go after Sheva and Mourinho for that.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Australia lost 3-1 against Denmark with Jon-Dahl Tomasson scoring 2 goals for the Danes :(.

The other international friendly results were as follows;

Bulgaria 2 - Latvia 0

Cyprus 2 - Hungary 1

Mali 3 - Lithuania 1

Ghana 4 - Nigeria 1

Northern Ireland 0 - Wales 0

Brazil 0 - Portugal 2 :D

Greece 0 - South Korea 1

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Fucking hell, i can't believe they actually went throguh and sold Liverpool to the americans, if it was any other organisation, i don't care what it is, China, Russian, Dubai even North Korea, but nooo they had to sell it to the fucking americans.
Now im sorry, this is one issue on which i can't give a reasoned argument, if we were to compare the deal from the DIC, the positives and negatives would have been ignorable. But i just can't but feel sick knowing that Gillet and Hicks now have majority ownership, it just isn't right.
:angry::angry:
( PS if you felt offended by this post, please ignore it, i have nothing against most American people)
Anyway, liverpool will have to go for second place now, pretty frustrating losing the premiership in the first couple of months of the season.

sk1001

HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
Fucking hell, i can't believe they actually went throguh and sold Liverpool to the americans, if it was any other organisation, i don't care what it is, China, Russian, Dubai even North Korea, but nooo they had to sell it to the fucking americans.
Now im sorry, this is one issue on which i can't give a reasoned argument, if we were to compare the deal from the DIC, the positives and negatives would have been ignorable. But i just can't but feel sick knowing that Gillet and Hicks now have majority ownership, it just isn't right.
:angry::angry:
( PS if you felt offended by this post, please ignore it, i have nothing against most American people)
Anyway, liverpool will have to go for second place now, pretty frustrating losing the premiership in the first couple of months of the season.
calm down you scouse bastard.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
So, Arsenal are the only big club owned by Englishmen now? Maybe we should make all you foreigners piss off to your own leagues? Not enough British spirit, values etc etc etc

Arsene Wenger said:
"I feel it is important that English clubs have English values, and that it has not just become who spends more than anybody else.

"Until now, one of the charms of English football has been that fans created the clubs and controlled the clubs, that the owners are fans first.

"I said that until now it is a change of philosophy. I don't know what kind of implications it will have on English football.

"I find it more reassuring that my owners are English and they are, first, fans of Arsenal Football Club.

"I will go one day and the players will go one day but the owners will be the same. They are the people who really transmit the values.
*Arsene Wenger, I salute you........

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I agree with Wenger's comments, but people really do make way too big of a fuss about such takeovers. Everyone was predicting doom and gloom for Manchester United after the Glazers took over but i'm yet to see it.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
I agree with Wenger's comments, but people really do make way too big of a fuss about such takeovers. Everyone was predicting doom and gloom for Manchester United after the Glazers took over but i'm yet to see it.
I didn't say that, I just said how funny it was considering the fans of all three of your cuntish clubs, all used to joke about us not being English and how we should be in the French league and all that malarkey.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I didn't say that, I just said how funny it was considering the fans of all three of your cuntish clubs, all used to joke about us not being English and how we should be in the French league and all that malarkey.
lol, I get it now....but people still make those jokes about Arsenal not being an English club :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
After the Dubai group pulled out of the Liverpool deal, they have reportedly been linked to a takeover of Arsenal. But it's from The People, so it's hardly a reliable resource. But that's not to say that it will be impossible. They're in quite a bit of debt after the building of their new stadium, and if the money being offered is good enough, we might see things differently.

I am though, quite concerned about all these rich motherfuckers taking over football clubs with their dirty money. Perhaps I'm just backward-minded, seeing that football clubs operate as businesses nowadays, and most big businesses are becoming more and more globalised. Some can argue it's good for the game, but I'm still sceptical about their intentions. Although we've done well this season, the Glazer family seems to be pleased and they haven't made much publicity anyway. But if things turn worse, I wonder how they would be like then.

And to the Phyuk Yiu troll, I guess you're just some dude who's got a passion about Americans...? You clearly need to relax a bit as Liverpool have looked for an investor for a long long time. They need the money. Now Benitez will have a huge transfer kitty and maybe they'll sign some big name players in the coming summer. Oh and don't forget about the new stadium too, big clubs need to have one of those. It's only for the good of your team, why complain...?

HeCtic said:
More English than your cunty club :)
Meh, maybe you should start with more English players first. :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
After the Dubai group pulled out of the Liverpool deal, they have reportedly been linked to a takeover of Arsenal. But it's from The People, so it's hardly a reliable resource. But that's not to say that it will be impossible. They're in quite a bit of debt after the building of their new stadium, and if the money being offered is good enough, we might see things differently.
Not happening for at least 20 years. Stadium debt scares away money grabbing investors.

Meh, maybe you should start with more English players first. :)

We've got enough, and now we're making our own good ones as well. You thought Cashley was a good player, these guys are gonna be better. We have to catch em young though, before any backwards English academies ruin them first.

I'd congratulate you guys on your fluke season, but realised you pioneered buying the league last decade, so can't wait till we're the first English team to break the Russian's dominance.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
We've got enough, and now we're making our own good ones as well. You thought Cashley was a good player, these guys are gonna be better. We have to catch em young though, before any backwards English academies ruin them first.

I'd congratulate you guys on your fluke season, but realised you pioneered buying the league last decade, so can't wait till we're the first English team to break the Russian's dominance.
Cashley no more, the only English players I can name in your squad is Hoyte and Walcott. Don't know any other guys, they're not even in the Carling Cup team.

Fluke season..? If you can simply fluke your way to a title then I can say Arsenal fluked to their undefeated season too. Had Van Nistelrooy not missed that penalty you wouldn't have that record going til 49 games. Breaking CSKA London's dominance appears to be our priority atm, maybe next season for you guys.

Oh, just take 3 points off them when you play them at home, that'll do me fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)