The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I really, really doubt racism comes into it for top managers. Benitez comes from Spain, there are fewer Spanish players there than there are in England and France. I guess if you believe the tabloids it's possible that Spanish football fans can a bit more racist towards blacks than other Europeans countries though, what with Aragones' comments as well as all the abuse Eto'o seems to get everywhere. No point in speculating though really, is there?

Led-Zep

We need no where near that many players, and I think you'll see that in good title push next year.

LMF

Well.. we scored 3 goals against them and won last time didn't we? :) United lost to Milan away because your midfield got eaten alive by Gattuso and was never allowed to really get going. That won't be happening to us, whether the gaffer decides to play Mascherano or Sissoko with Alonso. Say what you like about the rest of our team, but the only team with a comparable set of CMs is Chelsea. Whether we play Mascherano or Alonso or Sissoko. If we find an early goal I'm confident we'll shut them down and win it. Player for player this Milan team isn't as good as it was two years ago, not by a long shot.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Meh, Scouser supporters can say whatever they want. But come matchday, we'll see who'll be eating humble pie.

mat2154

HSC
they will not risk kewell, he'll be lucky to get a spot on the bench. Zenden will probably keep his spot or they might place Alvaro Arbeloa at LB and move Riise to LM.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
If only we had'nt lost Aurelio, I think having Riise at left mid would be the better choice. It might make our defense a little weaker but he is a real boost in attack and can cross properly.
I'd love to see a five man midfield of Riise and Pennant on the wings, Gerrard in the centre, Mascherano and Xabi playing either side of him but with a more defensive approach. The problem with that is who to put up front. On one hand Crouch is obviously good in the air and can provide drop downs to Gerrard, on the hand Kuyt is more skilled and a better runner.
If we went for that formation we would not have to rely on our left/right backs coming forward, and could perhaps get Mascherano man marking Kaka.

Kewell would really have to impress if he was to play in the final, im sure he's got the motivation to do it.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
come on gunners! never thought id be sayin that. well done united, in truth was a poor match, did it seem that city wanted to kick the shit out of us? how did ball not get sent off in the first 10mins was beyond me, i dont approve of use of 3rd umpire technology or video replays in footbal (except in goal line decisions and maybe offside), however for violent conduct it needs to happen immediately, theres no use suspending him after the game when he could score the winner.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Fuck, I know we are resting all of our team A players, but its getting embarrasing to lose to teams like Fulham. I can definately see some new signings being made in the break.
Only good news was Kewell's return, almost scored as well.

Looks like Man U did'nt have it easy either, but West Ham has really got their act together.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Phyuk_Yiu said:
Fuck, I know we are resting all of our team A players, but its getting embarrasing to lose to teams like Fulham. I can definately see some new signings being made in the break.
Only good news was Kewell's return, almost scored as well.

Looks like Man U did'nt have it easy either, but West Ham has really got their act together.
Meh, what do you expect from Benitez, he clearly doesn't give a shit about the EPL, and I don't think you guys will either if you manage to win the European Cup. He just wants his players to get a rest, and be prepared for the final.

Fuck the City scums are dirty, played like true scums. Paul Dickov is such a fuckwit and even complained about a goal kick when he clearly had the last touch. Everyone of them wanted to kick the shit out of Ronaldo, and that penalty they got was just clear diving. They deserve to miss that kick, and suck shit, can't score at your home ground, missing two penalties in two games will certainly do you guys right.

Now Arsenal can help us win the title, making the game at Stamford Bridge a dead rubber. Go you Gooners.

K

killershark389

"Hey guys, I usually don't do stuff like this, but you gotta check out this site that I have been using for a couple months. It's called TreasureTrooper.com. They pay you to fill out simple offers, take surveys, signup to receive trial products, etc. It's provided some nice extra spending cash for me, but it is also a lot of fun... it's pretty unique how they have it set up. Honestly, though... it's a cool site. So far, I've made (and received) $60 from them. Check it out. http://www.treasuretrooper.com/225248"

mat2154

HSC
Originally posted by killershark389
"Hey guys, I usually don't do stuff like this, but you gotta check out this site that I have been using for a couple months. It's called TreasureTrooper.com. They pay you to fill out simple offers, take surveys, signup to receive trial products, etc. It's provided some nice extra spending cash for me, but it is also a lot of fun... it's pretty unique how they have it set up. Honestly, though... it's a cool site. So far, I've made (and received) $60 from them. Check it out. http://www.treasuretrooper.com/225248"
Fuck off, go and spam some other board. It has your reference number in its probably some kind of pyramid scheme.

Anyway, united have probably secured the title and west ham have probably escaped relgation. All six clubs in threat of relegation met at Harrods yesterday and are preparing a legal battle with the FA over the lenient fine to West Ham and they believe that 10 points should have been docked. It probably won't work.
Leeds have also gone into administration, wiping out a 30 million dollar debt. They planned at just at the right time so that their loss of 10 points only confirms their relegation, instead of starting next season then -10. Ken bates then immediately offered to buy the club back, so they have just wiped off a huge debt with no penalty.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah everyone seemed to be targeting ronaldo....that kick in the ribs while ronaldo was lying down is uncalled for, and will be suspended whoever the perpetrator was.
it wasnt a pretty win, and with van dar sar making such good penalty saves, it seems we are destined to win the epl title away from chelsea

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Just in case someone else posts this.

EPL probe Howard absence

Well, I can't explain any better than someone else on another forum.

1) How could there be a permanent deal signed in February? The transfer window is closed. Unless the FA have been violating UEFA rules and accepting transfers outside of the window?

2) It was reported again and again that it was a pre-contract agreement that meant that Everton gets Howard on a permanent basis after his loan deal expires at the end of the season. This scenario (as opposed to a February transfer!) is actually legal under the rules.

3) FA rules themselves require that a loanee is not permitted to play against his signed club. Does this somehow mean the FA rule stating this constitutes 'third party interference'?

4) If somehow Everton did sign the player permanently in February, contrary to all rules and media reports, then we had a 'gentleman's agreement' with them. This is consistent with the transfers of Danny Murphy, Scott Parker, and dozens of others who have been permitted to make such agreements without the FA intervening. Everton has the right to select whatever squad they want. If they don't, perhaps the relegation stragglers will want to ask for Liverpool's lineup against Fulham to be looked at. Somehow I don't think this is a place the FA would want to go.

5) The FA is skating on thin ice regarding not docking points to West Ham for half a season worth of violation of this rule. Their stated reason was that at this stage of the season they didn't want to do anything that would cause the relegation of a team. Now they're looking at a points deduction for the league leaders because of a single game in which something is alleged? This would be the straw that broke the camel's back into a flurry of lawsuits that would seriously challenge the efficacy and neutrality of the organisation.
I'm screwed, so much football, so little sleep, so many assignments, not one that I have started. Oh well.

hachoo

HSC
West Ham with Tevez and Zamora are very impressive. Even though they're near the relegation zone, they have played top 4 football in the last couple of months. Since Pardew, they've really rebuilt the team. I must say, Lucas Neill has somewhat improved the WH lack of defence. He was pretty good last night. I find it unbelievable that they're complaining about Tevez and Mash. Its obvious they want a spot in the EPL next year, but what are they going to prove with a legal battle? Just making more enemies than they already have.

Man U might have it in the bag. I saw the MC penalty. Clearly diving. He ran into Wes Brown and fell over. If i ran into someone i'd probably fall over too, PENALTY!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Curbishly's done a miracle job at the Hammers, they're definitely staying up, probably at the expense of Wigan now.. which is a shame, because a relegated West Ham would've meant Tevez up for grabs on the cheap.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Meh, Scouser supporters can say whatever they want. But come matchday, we'll see who'll be eating humble pie.
Well, I think that would be all you United fans out there, already :)

Yeah, I don't terribly care what happens in league now. 3rd isn't much of a prize, but I think we'll still see a much stronger side next week to make sure everyone's in good shape for the final. Kewell looked sharp when he came on, if Robbie Fowler didn't become the slowest striker this side of the under 12s he would've had a nice assist within his first couple of touches. Then again, if he were just a tad quicker we would've won as well.

Insua looking like a top prospect for us, which is also good news.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Manchester united 2006/2007 Premiership champions.

well done lads. and gunners, why give me a near heartattack! can you guys not close a game out, or defend set pieces, or just defend in general! anyway thanks for that point of chelski, helped us out. pretty exciting game in 2nd half, i swear chelski looked as if they were gonna score..but great save from jens at the end. Great day for united fans, trophy comes back to us. great season, so much near heart attacks, and great footy. imo best football united have played since ive watched them, most free flowing attacking football even since 99..now we just need to get the fa cup.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Well, I think that would be all you United fans out there, already :)
I fail to see that somehow, unless of course Liverpool has already won the European Cup. Hm, I can't see that right now.

Coming 3rd/4th in the league must make you guys really proud, I guess a club like Liverpool can't expect much better. Liverpool fans have waited long enough for a league title, I guess they don't mind waiting longer.

Arsenal are shite, and credit to Chelsea for putting up such a good fight with one man down. My heart was pounding towards the end, I don't know whether it was for United or just for the match, it was intense. I found it hard to support le Arse, and I couldn't do it, so I just sat there and watched the proceedings, hoping that it would end in a draw so I can feel better about everything. Thankfully that happened, and I'm glad it happened.

I'll wait for HeCtic to come along and explain to us just how crap Arsenal was in the second half, he can do a better job than I can. But what I can say is that Arsenal just lack the killer touch in the final third, they just make the wrong decisions all the time. If it wasn't for Boula's stupid penalty, Arsenal would have been on the end of a hammering from Chelsea.

Did anyone find it ironic how there was such a loud cheer at the stadium, after a draw for the home team...? I didn't know so many Arsenal fans supported Man United also. :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
If only we had'nt lost Aurelio, I think having Riise at left mid would be the better choice. It might make our defense a little weaker but he is a real boost in attack and can cross properly.
I'd love to see a five man midfield of Riise and Pennant on the wings, Gerrard in the centre, Mascherano and Xabi playing either side of him but with a more defensive approach. The problem with that is who to put up front. On one hand Crouch is obviously good in the air and can provide drop downs to Gerrard, on the hand Kuyt is more skilled and a better runner.
If we went for that formation we would not have to rely on our left/right backs coming forward, and could perhaps get Mascherano man marking Kaka.

Kewell would really have to impress if he was to play in the final, im sure he's got the motivation to do it.

You cant give any space for kaka - at all. Basically dont give him the ball meaning let him around -but make sure no one passes it to him.

Ac Milan - will be playing it quite for most of the match and will score in the second half with about 15 minutes left. That way all the pressure is on Liverpool to search for the equaliser and as we against Chelsea - liverpool couldnt find that second goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)