the pill (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Um I don't think seeing a doctor is necessary, that's pretty normal. Skipping periods is generally safe and there's no medical reason why you shouldn't/why you should have one at 3 months. I'm into 5th month without a period and this week got some light spotting, which is normal.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i originally started skipping because i was getting headaches at the non active tablets, and my doctor suggested that three months was a good place to start. i wasn't really sure if there was a safe limit or not

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
so I have since stopped yasmin (well, the pill altogether) because I had my 'period' for about 2-2 and a half weeks.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
is it okay to do something like this? I've already done it, so I guess if it's bad I've learnt for next time, but hey.

I'd been skipping my periods and in the third month I started getting quite heavy breakthrough bleeding that wouldn't go away. I was basically having a period non stop for about a week and a half. I still had about two weeks to go til the end of the pack and I didn't want to wait that long, if this bleeding business was going to continue, so instead of waiting for the placebo pills, I had a four day break from the active pills and then resumed taking them where I left off. Hey presto, period out of my life, everything back to normal. Yay.

I figured, since you can take a seven day break between packs with the placebo pills, that taking a voluntary break in the middle of a pack would be more or less the same thing, right?

I'm not going to have another break at the end of this pack, I'll just go straight into my next one, otherwise I'll have been taking it on and off for like a month and that's probably not a great idea.

Thoughts?

bio_nut

HSC
That should be ok, as the main concern for the placebo week is that you have been taking it for long enough beforehand, so that the hormone levels are high enough to cover you for the break. Though only because you skipped the other placebo weeks, if you did this randomly in the middle of a cycle, it would be bad in terms of contraception...

Id go straight into the next one skipping the placebos and have the withdrawal bleed at the usual time in the next packet.

Doctors just don't tend to recommend this type of thing as it's easy to lose track of what you're up to and if you're covered or not.

I find I'm fine skipping for two months, then on the third get breakthrough bleeding too :(

SpoonSamba

HSC
I've been on Yaz for about 2 weeks, and ive noticedd i get definite waves of nausea about 5 times a day. I checked the lil booklet last night and it says nausea is one of the side effects and it could lessen with time.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I hate the feeling

meaganxo

HSC
Im on Diane 35ED, I take it for PCOS, So I can't really say if it has soley been the source of any weight changes.
I don't mind it, my skin is clear, my weight is fine and I am regular and less moody!

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
When I first got the pill I said I wanted it to clear my skin but I was actually just a huge hussy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)